Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?

@Anarchy-Marine said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

@Gilver-Redgrave You do know that outfits and outer wear won't be farmable right? They are being, as far as I've seen with info about NGS, turned into consumables, similar to base wear and accessories, as a means of clearing up player storage, and optimizing fashion customization. Which means acquiring star gems from the outfits will likely be a thing of the past.

while that is true all PSO2 spec items will follow the current format including ones that could be permanent scratches soon like they are on JP servers.

The economy will stay the way it is and only get worse. Until NGS releases and we get a new currency for that game the current market will stay inflated.

Just a friendly reminder to spend all your in-game cash that isn't AC or SG. It isn't carrying over to NGS.

@Gilver-Redgrave You do know that outfits and outer wear won't be farmable right? They are being, as far as I've seen with info about NGS, turned into consumables, similar to base wear and accessories, as a means of clearing up player storage, and optimizing fashion customization. Which means acquiring star gems from the outfits will likely be a thing of the past.

Only the new Outfits. And Outwear never had SG to begin with because they are consumables already.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

Firstly, you’re saying theirs nothing new being released, yet we are still getting new scratches every single week with new fashion, emotes and accessories to get, and with how much we missing compared to Japan

Secondly you’re going on the assumption that because you’ve got all your gear and fashion sorted, that nearly every single player has. Which is definitely not the case their plenty of people still working on their gear and fashion, in fact I would say it’s a very small percentage that are generally at the point where they have everything they want.

Finally a speed up schedule does not equal a speed up economy. We had nearly caught up to Japan content wise without any where near the inflation they had.

Point 1: We wont get any "new" stuff anymore and most of the missing stuff we wont get because of licenses. We dont even get the Voice packs Japan has just for one example. All the "new" stuff will be NGS exclusive and paid for with NMeseta.

Point 2: Thats what Cradle is for.

Point 3: It does. JP had 8 years spending all the money they made while we only had 1 year for the same content. You see the time difference of seven years right ? We got 8 years worth of Meseta pushed down out throat in 1 year mate. We also had multiple free upgrade costs events in one year where no money was spend. We had it much easier then JP gearing up and we had much less costs in doing so. We also have less Fashion we could spend your money on and so on and so forth.

Long story short: " Speding 8 years of content up into one DOES AFFECT the Economy."

@Gilver-Redgrave said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

Outwear never had SG to begin with because they are consumables already.

Currently Outer Wear are not consumables and you can farm SG farm them in PSO2.

Haven't seen NGS exclusive outer wear yet, been only set wear, base wear and inner wear so far on the Oracle Renew Collections.

I just hate how mind numbly boring every process of cradle farm are, from fighting fodder mobs to storage clearing to trading bulk of excube for grinder and sell it.

Like, there's a lot of interesting contents in pso2 to choose from but why cradle?? I still want to fight that big ass ep5 dragon again but he's obsolete now, and Deus? Mother? Hell,even PD can also be fun once in a while. But now it's just cradle, cradle and cradle...Even solo Sodam doesn't feel worth it because he refuse to drop augment will 2 or camo.

It just feel like I'm working instead of playing the darn game.

I had more fun hunting for Nemesis and Raven in older day than this shit...at least Ultimate quest feel more challenging than cradle when it came out.

Also not to mention that playing some specific class in cradle is more painful experience compare to other since it's mostly focus on mobbing and it have that 'floor is lava' bullshit in it.

So good luck trying to have fun with something like sword hunter...

Not like I hate the stage itself though, since I find it pretty fun and challenging in cm3 or abduction but when we have to 'farm' in it then it's just become annoying real fast.

Only the new Outfits. And Outwear never had SG to begin with because they are consumables already.

Firstly, you’re saying theirs nothing new being released, yet we are still getting new scratches every single week with new fashion, emotes and accessories to get, and with how much we missing compared to Japan

Secondly you’re going on the assumption that because you’ve got all your gear and fashion sorted, that nearly every single player has. Which is definitely not the case their plenty of people still working on their gear and fashion, in fact I would say it’s a very small percentage that are generally at the point where they have everything they want.

Finally a speed up schedule does not equal a speed up economy. We had nearly caught up to Japan content wise without any where near the inflation they had.

Point 1: We wont get any "new" stuff anymore and most of the missing stuff we wont get because of licenses. We dont even get the Voice packs Japan has just for one example. All the "new" stuff will be NGS exclusive and paid for with NMeseta.

Point 3: It does. JP had 8 years spending all the money they made while we only had 1 year for the same content. You see the time difference of seven years right ? We got 8 years worth of Meseta pushed down out throat in 1 year mate. We also had multiple free upgrade costs events in one year where no money was spend. We had it much easier then JP gearing up and we had much less costs in doing so. We also have less Fashion we could spend your money on and so on and so forth.

Long story short: " Speding 8 years of content up into one DOES AFFECT the Economy."

You can say we’re not getting any new stuff anymore all You want but that doesn’t make it true, we have gotten new scratches nearly every single week since the game launched, and has long has that continues then we are still getting new stuff. While some stuff we definitely won’t get due to licensing theirs still plenty that we haven’t got that doesn’t have a licensing issue.

Sure let’s just ignore all the issues with cradle like how it favours big alliances, how it blows any other meets maker out of the water, and how it is blocked off by a level 85 cap, which means any new player has to play a lot to even get access to it and these are just a few that have been mentioned in this thread. Imagine being a brand new players with NGS, then seeing any of the older emotes and stuff going for a couple hundred million mesta. Then on top of that you need to get deep into the game to even get access to it, and may need to belong to a big active alliance to get people to do runs with, cause theris no guarantee you will be able to find public triggers so easily once ngs drops. This is not going to be very encouraging for them to play the game, it might even turn them off pso2 all together, if they think a large chunk of items they may want would essentially be extremely hard for them to obtain.

Accelerated content does not mean accelerated inflation, you know what does affect inflation and the rate of it, how much money is in the game and how much new money is being added to the economy, and until very recently that hasn’t changed very much since the game launched, we have:

Daily’s, weeklies and Yerkes, which is limited by how many characters you have, and even though they did increase the character cap a few months ago, only a small percentage would have taken advantage of it, so this had been a steady money maker. Their was the extreme quest farming method, which was pretty decent but was limited by extreme passes. You could also get mesta from selling stuff to the npc, but for the most part that was pretty minimal. We eventually got runs like solo PD which made farming excubes a lot easier, but with the cost affixing and the 40% booster, the vast majority of excubes went to that, though some could be used for things like extreme passes and grinder exchange. It wasn’t until the introduction of cradle that excubes became so numerous that you were able to start freely exchanging them for grinders.

Has you can see untill very recently the ways of making raw mesta have basically been the same since the game launched, it’s why we’ve had steady inflation with that mesta just moved around from person to person as people brought and sold things. The accelerated schedule has had very little impact on this, cause while it’s introduced new runs and things to do, up untill the the introduction of cradle it never introduced any new ways of getting raw mesta.

The inflation we have is no where near what japan has, our most expensive emote that I’ve seen was vocal performance 1, which last I saw was around 1 billion. Japan has emotes that are around 4-5billion like pr pose 5 for an example. We needed all those zero mesta cost campaigns, theirs plenty of people that wouldn’t have been able to get their affixing done without cause theirs less mesta in global, cause their hasn’t been anywhere near the same amount of time to make it.

So again, accelerated content doesn’t equal an accelerated economy. It’s determined by how much mesta is in the game, and how fast new raw mesta is being added to the game. If the content isn’t adding new or better ways of getting mesta then inflation continues at a steady rate. It’s not until you get something like cradle which introduces a better way to make raw mesta, that you get an acceleration in inflation.

For getting gear and fashion?

Then why doesn't it drop almost any of the S-Grade augments that are untradable that people want?

You can't get S6 Skillful Adept or S6 Lucent Domain through Cradle. You can buy some others, and improve gear through this, but it won't help you get anything that has no tradable form. Especially in the case of S6 Lucent Domain, you won't farm any faster with better gear on that outside of Final Lament which is mostly just making sure everything gets destroyed, and waiting for the Urgent Quest to actually happen because you're literally at the mercy of the scheduling.

Farming these S-Grade augments has no good method available that has any comparable amount of income in resources, cubes, meseta, whatever when looked at in the context of Cradle. So good luck even getting people to farm with you for those things in the first place. Especially when these S-Grades have unreasonably ridiculously low drop rates.

At least S7 Fortified Attack 2 has Divide Quest which has decent meseta returns in comparison.

Oh, and to make matters worse, the only buyable trigger that drops S6 Lucent Domain right now, ship 1:
7c8cedc8-a316-428b-bfb6-350bc35b54c8-image.png

There's literally no supply. Meseta gets you nowhere.

On top of that, I want people to be able to run other content that has some form of decent progression that isn't Cradle. I myself am fully decked out, only needing more Grania + Mark Capsules... and that damn S6, Lucent Domain. When you see the same content with the same drops over and over again, and other content has no scaling for soloing because you couldn't get a group and the rewards aren't even good even if you do have a godly group, that's bad for the game in general.

Doesn't matter if NGS is coming. You should leave the game in a good enough state that people will still play it, especially during downtimes in NGS where people may want a break from the game for whatever reason. People aren't going to play 24/7 on NGS. It's the same reason people still play the other Phantasy Star games like PSO1 and Nova, or any other old game. Or even a game like Path of Exile with a new league every 3 months that causes you to start from nothing again.

@Theuberclips said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

You can't get S6 Skillful Adept or S6 Lucent Domain through Cradle

I'm a bit confused as to why you want these? one is useless outside mobbing, and s6 skillful adept is useful but by no means any reason to break your back over since s1 petalgleam, and s2 will of petalsea gives you a guaranteed 6% damage increase to all damage plus any crits you might do and is easier to get than any of the precision wills. Escalating expanse is a lot better of an s6 ability, or even shield of carnage for survivability

@Nic-The-Hero said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

and s6 skillful adept is useful but by no means any reason to break your back over since s1 petalgleam, and s2 will of petalsea gives you a guaranteed 6% damage increase to all damage plus any crits you might do

It's BiS S6 for Summoner who specifically need the critical hit increase because pets still use OT weapon damage scaling and 6% damage on a non-crit is way worse than 15% crit to get some pets (particularly Vulkan) over the 100% line or significantly closer to it. Also harmonizers cannot use S1-S5.

With a possible exception of Klauz units (which if I heard right JP got a handout for a while back so Global might too) it's basically the last hurdle Summoners have to being fully geared up on Global so it being one of the hardest SGA adds to farm kind of sucks.

@Miraglyth Ooop, my bad. I don't know much about summoner even after playing the game for 3 years, that would explain why i didn't understand

@Miraglyth said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

@Nic-The-Hero said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

and s6 skillful adept is useful but by no means any reason to break your back over since s1 petalgleam, and s2 will of petalsea gives you a guaranteed 6% damage increase to all damage plus any crits you might do

It's BiS S6 for Summoner who specifically need the critical hit increase because pets still use OT weapon damage scaling and 6% damage on a non-crit is way worse than 15% crit to get some pets (particularly Vulkan) over the 100% line or significantly closer to it. Also harmonizers cannot use S1-S5.

Besides Klauz units themselves (which if I heard right JP got a handout for a while back so Global might too) it's basically the last hurdle Summoners have to being fully geared up on Global so it being one of the hardest SGA adds to farm kind of sucks.

Klauz Units were never handed out on the JP servers.

@Miraglyth said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

Besides Klauz units themselves (which if I heard right JP got a handout for a while back so Global might too) it's basically the last hurdle Summoners have to being fully geared up on Global so it being one of the hardest SGA adds to farm kind of sucks.

Didn't happen

The inflation we have is no where near what japan has, our most expensive emote that I’ve seen was vocal performance 1, which last I saw was around 1 billion. Japan has emotes that are around 4-5billion like pr pose 5 for an example. We needed all those zero mesta cost campaigns, theirs plenty of people that wouldn’t have been able to get their affixing done without cause theirs less mesta in global, cause their hasn’t been anywhere near the same amount of time to make it.

I swear, people keep bringing up how the JP economy is supposedly fucked because of incredibly expensive LA but it's cherry picking the worst. Most LAs are 150m or less.

Vocal Performance 1 is expensive because it was obtainable only from a code from physical goods of which the codes can no longer be redeemed.

PR pose 5 is so expensive because it was only obtainable from a limited quantity and very expensive physical goods collab (and the emote is very horny).

I know its unnecessary, but I'll be the 3rd person saying Klauz Units were never handed out on the JP servers, trust me if they did I would certainly let you know.