Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?

Honestly at this point I just want to feel like other stuff is worth running. Don't give a shit that cradle generates a shitton of meseta if other content had drops that are worth a damn.

I basically feel like if it's not Final Lament, Divide Quest, or even CM for Star Gems, it's a waste of my time. And given that my main goal is to get S6: Lucent Domain, I'm limited to Final Lament waiting room. Crimson Spark just feels like a gigantic waste with the awful drop rates and returns per trigger used.

It's just frustrating as hell that super, super rare drops that are untradable are hard to get people to run the content that gives them, and god awful to solo. And on top have terrible rewards. At least run a pass on content that gives this kind of stuff to increase drop rates, make them have more reward, camos, valuable drops, even scaling enemy HP or SOMETHING so that it doesn't feel like a complete waste of time compared to cradle. Doesn't even have to be as good as cradle, as long as there are incentives that are reasonable enough, all that matters is that the other content is close enough to cradle.

Hell I'm at the point where I wouldn't even care if I had to solo Crimson Spark Triggers even though they take forever per run, but supply is low as hell and it feels like a waste of time enough already even with 4 people running it.

I originally had a much longer post on this about how it ruined the reason to run other things too like Persona for reveries/souls, or Easter being viewed as a pointless quest because Yamato Factor didn't have much demand anymore, but eh, another time.

Dont see a point to it now. PSO2 is on its crunch time and NGS is coming up fast, just next month even. The meseta from the ex-cube exchanging isnt even going to be usable in that game so theres not much point worrying about it now.

@Thyx said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

A nice little chart of the flowing meseta that will continue to be flowing into the game from this quest. Leaving this here for whoever is too lazy to do simple math. I'll continue to enjoy the free money train like everyone else.

You still haven't explained how to deal with the billions of meseta that people already earned from cradle.

Nor have you explained how long the economy would take to recover after removing cradle.

How are people making billions on cradle? Not understanding!

I still dont understand why people argue about economy when NGS with its new Economy will fuck it anyway.

You guys just argue about something that is already irrelevant. The moment a split Economy with different currencys was announced THAT was the moment you should have complained.......not about Cradle.

@Gilver-Redgrave said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

I still dont understand why people argue about economy when NGS...

1: Two stable economies is better than one stable economy and one ruined one. Not everyone plans to just never log into the pre-NGS side of the game again.

2: Concerns about the management of the NGS economy if the PSO2 one was allowed to collapse so easily.

@Thyx said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

"Half the community doesn't even know how economics work"

It's funny you say this because by the very definition of your fix shows that you don't understand economics. If economics were as simple as "don't print money and you don't have inflation" then we would have solved the problem of global inflation in the real world by just turning off the money stream. but its not that simple, inflation is not entirely due to printing money but by how much money is currently in circulation at a given time in the economy, governments and banks have a way of reducing the supply of money in the economy to combat inflation.

PSO2 does not have anything like this because the player market isn't regulated by sega and the game has no way of taking money out of the supply outside of affixing and market taxes, sure, nerfing the grinder exchange rate would probably fix the economy years down the road because over time all of the money generated would dwindle from market tax and affix/weapon grinding cost. do you think reducing the minimum wage would combat inflation in the real world? reduced earnings from all future earners, same high prices. does this sound good to you?

@Miraglyth said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

1: Two stable economies is better than one stable economy and one ruined one. Not everyone plans to just never log into the pre-NGS side of the game again.

That has nothing to do with Economy.

PSO2 will only rotate what has been there already by now. Unless SEGA says otherwise NOTHING new is being added for base PSO2 which means there is nothing you could use Meseta for.

So the argument:" People still log into base PSO2" is invalid.

Again:

• No new content.
  • No new Units or Weapons.
  • No new fashion.
  • NOTHING !

All youre gonna use your Meseta for after NGS is for SG farming via Outfits. And no matter how the Economy looks like right now prices will be based around one and one thing only :" How much are 10 Sg worth ?"

Also you people seem to ignore the fact that the economy got busted because we got 8 years of content rushed into our version of the game in one year. SEGA said we will be speed up so we get on the same page with the JP version this INCLUDES Meseta. So the concern about the NGS economy is kinda wasted because thats the reason for the new Currency. Everyone start at Zero and you can even use multiple characters for dailys anymore because those are account wide and not per character anymore.

So yeah i still dont understand what you guys complain about. You should have seen this coming right after the release when it was said that we will be "speed up" which includes Economy of course. So you guys are 1 year late in terms of complaining. People that complain now were not prepared thats all.

@Gilver-Redgrave said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

@Miraglyth said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

That has nothing to do with Economy.

PSO2 will only rotate what has been there already by now. Unless SEGA says otherwise NOTHING new is being added for base PSO2 which means there is nothing you could use Meseta for.

So the argument:" People still log into base PSO2" is invalid.

Again:

• No new content.
  • No new Units or Weapons.
  • No new fashion.
  • NOTHING !

All youre gonna use your Meseta for after NGS is for SG farming via Outfits. And no matter how the Economy looks like right now prices will be based around one and one thing only :" How much are 10 Sg worth ?"

Also you people seem to ignore the fact that the economy got busted because we got 8 years of content rushed into our version of the game in one year. SEGA said we will be speed up so we get on the same page with the JP version this INCLUDES Meseta. So the concern about the NGS economy is kinda wasted because thats the reason for the new Currency. Everyone start at Zero and you can even use multiple characters for dailys anymore because those are account wide and not per character anymore.

So yeah i still dont understand what you guys complain about. You should have seen this coming right after the release when it was said that we will be "speed up" which includes Economy of course. So you guys are 1 year late in terms of complaining. People that complain now were not prepared thats all.

Firstly, you’re saying theirs nothing new being released, yet we are still getting new scratches every single week with new fashion, emotes and accessories to get, and with how much we missing compared to Japan this could continue well after NGS releases. SEGA has of yet hasn’t said anything about us not getting new scratches for base pso2.

Secondly you’re going on the assumption that because you’ve got all your gear and fashion sorted, that nearly every single player has. Which is definitely not the case their plenty of people still working on their gear and fashion, in fact I would say it’s a very small percentage that are generally at the point where they have everything they want. For everyone else they are going to be working on this till the release of NGS and likely going to be coming back to pso2 once the intial excitement and content of NGS runs out, so they can make mesta and get anything they are missing.

Thirdly let’s not forget all the new people that are going to be joining with the release of NGS. With a vast amount of emotes, accessories and fashion that are only available in base pso2. So if they want these items they will need to play pso2, and if they want to play pso2, they will need gear and all of this is going to cost mesta. This isn’t even taking into account the players that may want to do the harder content in the game and make full high end gear.

Finally a speed up schedule does not equal a speed up economy. We had nearly caught up to Japan content wise without any where near the inflation they had. In fact despite the accelerated schedule we had a pretty stable economy with a steady inflation rate. It wasn’t until the release of cradle that inflation sky rocketed, and we are still a long way off from the inflation that jp has, cause theirs has accelerated with this quest has well. So let me be clear it’s this specific quest that has caused the inflation not our accelerated schedule that has been the cause.

@Theuberclips said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

Honestly at this point I just want to feel like other stuff is worth running. Don't give a shit that cradle generates a shitton of meseta if other content had drops that are worth a damn.

This. 10,000% this. Nothing but cradle is ran anymore and the biggest thing about this to me ATM is how cradle didn't just kill the games economy - it's also killing having a chance at farming ANY OTHER TRIGGER or MISSION IN THE GAME.

The economy probably can't recover at this point, but enjoyment of the game sure frickin' could.

Everyone here is experts! PHD in economics!

@RainGnyu said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

How are people making billions on cradle? Not understanding!

The trigger gives you nearly half a thousand 13-14 star weapons in a few runs, 200 14 star weapons is 1000 excubes, 1000 excubes equal 12million meseta in grinders

Do you really need that much money?

@RainGnyu While we may not "need" that much money if people want to still buy the last bit of cosmetics/accessories/ and etc. We would have to do enough runs in order to keep up with inflation. Like with the most recent scratch most emotes were hovering around 80m-100m. If you're not actively making that much it'll push you to either spending irl money or other methods. Since the regular methods (yerkes/weekiles/lodos) are not even enough to make a dent. Market/Camo farming/cradling/module/affix farming i feel like are the only thing left

@Gilver-Redgrave You do know that outfits and outer wear won't be farmable right? They are being, as far as I've seen with info about NGS, turned into consumables, similar to base wear and accessories, as a means of clearing up player storage, and optimizing fashion customization. Which means acquiring star gems from the outfits will likely be a thing of the past.