Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?

You guys are still ranting over cradle? Sega doesn't listen to the minority over such trivial things so it's not going away. Every single game has a money printer of some sort at some point. Never seen any mmorpg with a player run economy that doesn't break and doesn't have ridiclious prices at some point. It's only a "problem" to a few people expecting the game to be handled how they want, oblivious to the fact that's never going to happen. It's comes down to a case of "When in Rome..." You can preach on your soap boxes all you want but the rest of the community is going to go with the path of least resistance, the same thing that happen in every online game.

With NGS around the corner and as such NMeseta aswell i dont really understand this topic.

With NGS Meseta WILL be worth less if worth anything at all. Cradle is pretty much SEGAs way of saying :" Enjoy it while it lasts". Ask yourself the question what youre gonna do with your Meseta once NGS hits. I for myself know that i have no use for Meseta at all anymore. There wont be anything new for base PSO2 from now on which means it will all rotate. That means everything i want i do own already. Weapons and Units are done aswell.

The one and only thing Meseta will be used for after the NGS launch is for Outfits with SG on them. So unless Sega plans something for base PSO2 Meseta will be pretty much worthless unless you farm Outfit SGs.

Economy was fucked the moment Sega decided that NGS has its own Economy and Exclusive NGS purchases.

@Thyx said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

Because it is fixable. Lol... Goodness. The more time passes the more damage is done. Does that not compute? This is an endless money printer... Hell if you want to keep the grinder value just remove the exchange ex-cubes for grinders and or certain weapons that give grinders (swap shop).

Let's say Sega turns off Cradle right this minute. Unfortunately, people have already had weeks to farm cradle into the ground, so turning it off now will do nothing to help with the huge amount of money that's entered the economy. With cradle gone, anyone who didn't use it to make a bunch of money right away can no longer buy any AC items because prices are so high.

Anything Sega could do now would be too little too late. This is doubly true because NGS is releasing in June. Why should they try and fix this problem when most of the players are going to switch to the new game?

I'll admit that yes, the economy could eventually normalize over the next few years but this is largely meaningless because I doubt base PSO2 will be around for enough time for things to settle.

@Sparhawk said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

It's only a "problem" to a few people expecting the game to be handled how they want, oblivious to the fact that's never going to happen.

Absurd inflation was "never going to happen" in nearly 9 years of PSO2 JP and even on Global they nixed Elder meseta (which was way slower) within hours.

This is a problem to anyone who wants PSO2 to not die. If whales are discouraged from whaling, there goes a massive chunk of the game's income. So it's fitting you speak of obliviousness while disregarding that.

@Gilver-Redgrave said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

With NGS around the corner and as such NMeseta aswell i dont really understand this topic.

Yeah we discussed this several pages ago but it got buried in the resurrection of the daft idea to reduce NPC sell value of Grinders.

The main concern arising from the fact this was allowed to happen is that it might similarly be allowed to happen with NGS Meseta.

@Miraglyth said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

This is a problem to anyone who wants PSO2 to not die. If whales are discouraged from whaling, there goes a massive chunk of the game's income. So it's fitting you speak of obliviousness while disregarding that.

?? lol. 10 hours of cradle vs one swipe. you can literally look at the most recent scratch and see it's still healthy. i don't think you understand games where you can pay to reduce grinds

@Falz said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

?? lol. 10 hours of cradle vs one swipe.

One swipe where pulling junk still gets the same ~1m it has since AC Recycle Badges got elevated by the capsule swap, but that ~1m is now proportionally worth so much less when the high-value items have rocketed up from ~40m to 100m+ in a very short span of time.

Having junk still convert to a decent amount of meseta was good. It converting to less meseta therefore is bad.

ok didn't ask but you're still not grasping at how people will spend to reduce a grind. be it whales, dolphins or otherwise. have you ever played a game with gacha elements in it? lol

@Falz said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

you're still not grasping at how people will spend to reduce a grind.

This isn't an absolute. I'm perfectly aware that everyone suddenly stopping their spend won't happen.

But some will either stop or reduce it, and that's damaging enough compared to having a stable in-game economy. This has been covered multiple times throughout the topic, most appropriately by Milk back in page 2:

@Milk said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

Sure this probably won’t stop the mega whales but it could reduce the more casual spenders who likely make up a bigger percentage of AC buyers.

But also with evidence of it already happening just two days ago:

@YagyuChan said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

@Milk said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

Granted not everything has skyrocketed but those hot ticket items absolutely have and anyone not able to keep up with Cradle is going to have to whale or miss out.

I have unfortunately felt this issue and have flat out stopped spending money on this version of the game

the forums don't represent the playerbase bestie. it's a very, very.... very small percentage. lol.

you could say some will spend now that prices have gone up?? i don't understand ur point tbh

Why does all this matter? It sound as those are trying to be the best in a game where fashion is the enjoyment. No body cares if you the strongest in the game because in reality Nobody is looking.

This game is about friendship and meeting new people......more of a platform of understanding. Uniqueness in Guild cohesiveness.

So silly to even talk about this. Half the community doesn't even know how economics work, PSO team needs to remove grinder/synth from ex-cube exchange shop and this all goes away. But whatever enjoy your 500m+ NGS scratch when it comes around. Hell might be even more.

@Thyx Nobody thinks your idea is good - not because it wont stop the inflation - but because it's way too late for that. Billions have already been pumped into the economy. All this will do is make it so everyone who "missed out" on cradle is now at a significant disadvantage. You also seem to be forgetting that excube->grinder moneymaking isn't even exclusive to cradle, and that doing this will destroy every other excube-related money generation method for no reason. You don't need to know how economics works to see why removing grinder exchange is such an obviously terrible idea. The consequences of your solution are just way worse than letting cradle stay as is.

@LusterMain said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

You also seem to be forgetting that excube->grinder moneymaking isn't even exclusive to cradle, and that doing this will destroy every other excube-related money generation method for no reason.

Let the meseta rivers flow...

@LusterMain said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

You also seem to be forgetting that excube->grinder moneymaking isn't even exclusive to cradle, and that doing this will destroy every other excube-related money generation method for no reason.

Also that those dozens of 13+★ weapons could still be monetised in other ways so all this would do is destroy those other money sources more than it does Cradle and make it even more of a necessity.

A nice little chart of the flowing meseta that will continue to be flowing into the game from this quest. Leaving this here for whoever is too lazy to do simple math. I'll continue to enjoy the free money train like everyone else.

13* Weapon = 3 Ex-Cubes = 90 Grinders = 36000 meseta

Vendor sell price (2319-3059) meseta

14* Weapon = 5 Ex-Cubes = 150 Grinders = 60000 meseta

Vendor sell price (3057-3596) meseta

13* Units = 5 Ex-Cubes = 150 Grinders = 60000 meseta

Vendor sell price (1560-1820) meseta

Each spawn drops atleast 1. Honestly, compared to the trigger nerf they did this one is even worse.

NOTE: ALL VENDOR GRINDER SALES GENERATE MESETA FROM THIN AIR