Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?

@Xaelon said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

I had hope that when they mentioned the RWB5 shop was getting more triggers it would include Final Lament. Sadly it was just "Face of the Abyss".

Is that why people still run Final Lament? I've only ever got Shiva Modules from that and they're needed way less than Varuna, Mitra and Exegul.

I'd be quite happy to run Divide quests for them but the cap of 3 guaranteed modules per week is kind of silly when Exegul needs 150 for a full Klauz unit set. That's 50 weeks and I don't think even JP is getting that many between the addition of Divide Quests and NGS' release?

@Miraglyth said in this thread:

Is that why people still run Final Lament? I've only ever got Shiva Modules from that and they're needed way less than Varuna, Mitra and Exegul.

As long as my memory is correct, I've seen Final Lament drop multiple kinds of Modules. And yeah, Shiva modules are largely useless because they're so much more common for whatever reason. If only shiva modules were required to make Crans units I would have had a full set ages ago.

@Miraglyth also said in this thread:

I'd be quite happy to run Divide quests for them but the cap of 3 guaranteed modules per week is kind of silly when Exegul needs 150 for a full Klauz unit set. That's 50 weeks and I don't think even JP is getting that many between the addition of Divide Quests and NGS' release?

That's my issue with running divides, the weekly rewards will never give you enough modules to make anything as you said.

I've mentioned it in other threads about modules and I still don't understand why you can't swap one type of modules for another or buy them with divide medals.

For modules, they are all extremely easily farmable except Mitra, by using Step 31 rooms. Modules are much faster money than Cradle is, but it requires someone to AFK for you.

My main issue with Cradle is that it "needs" 12 people, it's no fun feeling like I have to go round up people to make progress. When I'm on my own, there's nothing I can be doing to really make progress, as it's all Cradle now.

I agree there’s no easy way to fix this now, the economy is flat out broken. It would be nice if they took better care in NGS but hearing about those NGS emote prices doesn’t give me much hope. I will frankly be disappointed in this company if NGS’ economy caters to the whales and no-lifers when Phantasy Star is supposed to be a casual game. By all means let the crafters make their profits, give people alternative means to earn their meseta but don’t tie the wealth to only one source because we’re well aware of what happens.

@Matt said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

For modules, they are all extremely easily farmable except Mitra, by using Step 31 rooms.

Even leaving aside that my Divide Quest progress is having barely unlocked stage 31-35 for the first time this week* so farming 31+ (which I expect still requires killing the bosses in question) may not be viable in the first place, or the apparent lack of any Divide Quests being run at this moment in time... don't you think the practise of keeping rooms open to aid farming like this is somewhat exploit-y, and that if players have to rely on exploiting MPA mechanics, it's probably telling of the availability of modules in general?

* Oh and by the way despite getting the double boss kill in stage 30 courtesty of an Enemy HP -20% effect, I didn't get either a Varuna or a Mitra module, so that's just super reassuring about their drop rate through general farming. 😕

@Matt said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

When I'm on my own, there's nothing I can be doing to really make progress, as it's all Cradle now.

Swirling Inferno isn't terrible money for the input thanks to the RWB5 to Nox exchange. It's not quite Cradle (there's no realistic possibility of 8-slot units or good SGAs) and it's sadly going away in a week or two but it's better than nothing when Cradle isn't available or storage is too limited to do Cradle.

@Milk said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

It would be nice if they took better care in NGS but hearing about those NGS emote prices doesn’t give me much hope.

In fairness NGS hasn't launched yet, so perhaps the new-physique outfits and emotes are only available in PSO2 because they can't distribute them in NGS yet. I'm hopeful they'll make future NGS scratch items and other cosmetics unable to be sent back to PSO2 because heck knows their refusal to reduce Cradle's obscene drops has just ruined the meseta economy.

I don't think theres anything wrong with Cradle directly.

If anything I appreciate the fact we have an easily ran piece of content that everyones doing that can get you from 85 to 100 in a couple hours.

@JC said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

If anything I appreciate the fact we have an easily ran piece of content that everyones doing that can get you from 85 to 100 in a couple hours.

Ever heard of bonus keys? Not only could those already do that but they've thrown a bunch of golds and rainbows at us lately and while Cradle is benefitting from its +300% boost bonus keys presently have a +600% boost so it doesn't even take a couple hours anymore.

Long story short Cradle is absolutely not a requirement to hit 100 in a couple hours (or at all), and its loot has nothing to do with EXP in the first place.

@Miraglyth said in Cradle of Darkness Ultra Hard: Nerf the loot or no?:

In fairness NGS hasn't launched yet, so perhaps the new-physique outfits and emotes are only available in PSO2 because they can't distribute them in NGS yet. I'm hopeful they'll make future NGS scratch items and other cosmetics unable to be sent back to PSO2 because heck knows their refusal to reduce Cradle's obscene drops has just ruined the meseta economy.

It will be interesting to see how they handle scratch tickets after NGS releases. Will NGS and PSO2 have the same scratches? Or will they be different?

My guess is that you won't be able to transfer cosmetics from PSO2 to NGS that are still in ticket form.

@Miraglyth No reason to be such a dick.

But yes I have, and yes I've used them all. I'm still not capped out on all classes yet. For how much of this game's content literally sits there and rots, I'm glad people actually run something with good EXP output rather than "JUST ATTEND EVERY EVENT EVER MADE BRO" like you suggested.

@Miraglyth No reason to be such a dick [snip] I'm glad people actually run something with good EXP output rather than "JUST ATTEND EVERY EVENT EVER MADE BRO" like you suggested.

Hypocrisy aside, Cradle still isn't the only quest that gives good EXP. RQ4 is on a constant +500% during the boost period too. There's nothing even special about Cradle beyond that +300% multiplier every quest has at the moment and the fact that enough people are running it (due to the money) to get the occasional PSE Burst.

It doesn't have any additional Cradle-specific multipliers or feature any enemies that give particularly rewarding EXP. If it wasn't almost the only money source in the game worth playing anymore, everyone would be running something else - just as they're still running Lament, Abyss and Swirling Inferno which are all just as good for EXP - and you'd be levelling fine anyway.

Is that why people still run Final Lament?

The hope that s6 lucent domain actually exists in this game is why i run it

I hope so too. I just sold an emote for 200m, never in the six months I’ve been playing has an emote sold that high, not even fan favorite poledance or vocal performance. Granted not everything has skyrocketed but those hot ticket items absolutely have and anyone not able to keep up with Cradle is going to have to whale or miss out. Players will just leave if their goals aren’t obtainable anymore, I feel really bad for newbies walking into this mess and seeing 100m hair, ridiculous.

@Miraglyth Do you even play this game? Do you know what a PSE burst is

@Miraglyth Do you even play this game? Do you know what a PSE burst is

Since this off-topic matter has stopped being useful I'm just going to meme instead.

8942bcaf-dd81-4b14-a062-0ef49adce8d7-image.png

A cowboy rappy? Not what I was expecting! 🤠