Phantasy Star's core audience should not be anime fans with NGS - It's time for this to be a global franchise again not just one tailored for Japan

I know next to nothing about the older games but I was pretty irritated about the sword maiden’s new outfit. A freaking tough battle girl with a gigantic cutout of her stomach, yeah that makes sense. The outfit could have still been sexy without the cutout, heck I own it and wear a bodysuit under it and then an armored outerwear. It has great potential if you mess with it but unfortunately the NPC is stuck with the untouched design and I think it majorly sucks like that.

As for variety, that’s what makes the game fun. They should be appealing to everyone because everyone is in some capacity capable of opening their wallet someday and a full, active game is s healthy game! Right now I feel like they just barely appeal to me. The freaking cute-incarnate player who only mains really cute and really modest things. I would love more billowy “princess”-like dresses but oh look another set of pasties or another outfit with plumber buttcrack! It’s getting old, I want to see more stuff.

@Milk said in Phantasy Star's core audience should not be anime fans with NGS - It's time for this to be a global franchise again not just one tailored for Japan:

I know next to nothing about the older games but I was pretty irritated about the sword maiden’s new outfit. A freaking tough battle girl with a gigantic cutout of her stomach, yeah that makes sense. The outfit could have still been sexy without the cutout, heck I own it and wear a bodysuit under it and then an armored outerwear. It has great potential if you mess with it but unfortunately the NPC is stuck with the untouched design and I think it majorly sucks like that.

As for variety, that’s what makes the game fun. They should be appealing to everyone because everyone is in some capacity capable of opening their wallet someday and a full, active game is s healthy game! Right now I feel like they just barely appeal to me. The freaking cute-incarnate player who only mains really cute and really modest things. I would love more billowy “princess”-like dresses but oh look another set of pasties or another outfit with plumber buttcrack! It’s getting old, I want to see more stuff.

Do you not play the game at all or do you blatantly turn a blind eye to other kinds of fashion? We have a large variety of costumes for both female and males that are not over sexualized and have a cool look, I have a wide wardrobre of fashion for my character ranging from Victorian era sets to full armor to Hoodies and sometimes semi lewd outfits, please try checking the fashion catalog site a bit more to browse through already released scratches , maybe you missed something you might want, game isn't limiting your wardrobe.

@XBOX552 Just let it appeal to both. I don't go for skimpy outfits, but I do play a tiny girl character with some cool cyber-punky outfits. Some people just like the anime-ish stuff. Excluding them wouldn't be good for revenue or fans. Its a Japanese game afterall.

You never learn right? Yesterday you started a flame war with this topic again. If you don´t like anime and ecchi go play another game. Pso2 is not for you

Another topic where both sides drive me nuts. One side thinks women should never be portrayed sexually, the other goes hypersexual.

Listen up, because I'm going to state the FACT of the matter: women can be sexy AND talented.

Hello ya'll! I know all of us have something to say with regards to this topic but I just want to inform you all that we will be locking this thread to avoid flaming. You can send us a ticket with your feedback & suggestion about this topic instead. We just want you guys to not flame at each other and to avoid any unwanted words that would be said. Peace ya'll!