This game is really demoralising at times.

I have been trying to get Rinser weaspons to drop from Endless Nightmare, and after dedicating a whole day to it yesterday, the best I could manage was two 15* weapons. It just makes me wonder why I bother, it kind of hurts my will to continue playing when the drop rates are so painfully low.

I'll keep grinding away for now though and hope at least one will drop soon.

Global might do it differently so take it with a grain of salt but in jp they added the Rinser weapons to their weapon badge exchange after the end of the event and they might do the same thing here. If so then you shouldn't have any issue getting the weapon you were after as RWB5s are one of the main things you can farm from the LQ so everyone who did so should have quite a few of them.

Do you already have Klauz series ? :x

Honestly, it gives you something to do. You'll hate the grind, but it'll feel great getting the item. That is something global never got to experience, and anyone who played jp when Zieg was added in.

@Andross Personally I don't find any sense of achievement in grinding for rare equipment, I prefer exchanging mats for equipment by far.

When earning or finding mats to exchange for equipment, there's a light at the end of the tunnel, there's a sense of progress as I get closer to my goal. But when it comes to grinding for extremely rare equipment there's no sense of progress whatsoever.

Yes game is demoralizing, JP starting their boost week with affixing disabled

the main problem with PSO2 is it's power creep. you have essentially 2 options, play the treadmill game of collecting said material for Zigs newest toys or burn yourself out running one quest over and over again to get something that falls closer into those ranks. i'm surprised they forgot themselfs how to create unique and interesting weapons with actually unique skills that might not be "meta" dps gear, but have their own respective uses. i don't mind playing the carrot on a stick game, but i sure wish there were more alternatives which wouldn't instantly make you feel like you've just wasted 200 hours trying to get said item.

@Ezodagrom said in This game is really demoralising at times.:

@Andross Personally I don't find any sense of achievement in grinding for rare equipment, I prefer exchanging mats for equipment by far.

When earning or finding mats to exchange for equipment, there's a light at the end of the tunnel, there's a sense of progress as I get closer to my goal. But when it comes to grinding for extremely rare equipment there's no sense of progress whatsoever.

The progression is giving you something to do instead of having to 'Run this quest 10 times for guaranteed BIS gear*. That is why so many more people afk on this game rather than play because it's too easy to get BIS gear.

@Andross Rinser weapons are not BiS, and just because PSO2's exchanges are poorly made doesn't mean that the system of exchanging mats for equipment is bad.

For me the ideal system to obtain equipment would be something a bit more like monster hunter, starting with basic weapons and upgrading them to new versions with materials and having multiple different upgrade possibilities depending on the materials (in the case of PSO2, I guess upgrade possibilities would have slightly different apperances, could have stuff like different S slots available and different/more varied potentials). The BiS would be at the end of lengthy upgrade paths.

@Andross said in This game is really demoralising at times.:

The progression is giving you something to do instead of having to 'Run this quest 10 times for guaranteed BIS gear*. That is why so many more people afk on this game rather than play because it's too easy to get BIS gear.

So what happens if you get the rare drop you want in under the first 10 runs of a quest? Both crafting/exchange and rare drops achieve the same effect of giving you something to do. It's just that one of them isn't nearly as inherently luck-based as the other, and gives a sense of measurable progression along the way.

Additionally, it's not easy to get BiS gear because the grind for it is easy, but because it can easily be bruteforced with meseta. Given my own experiences with this game's economy, I have my own complaints about this, but they are largely irrelevant to this discussion.

@Teasa said in This game is really demoralising at times.:

Do you already have Klauz series ? :x

No. The materials needed to get just one of those weapons will take ,me a very long time and I just don't have the patience for it. Although, with the way things are going with the Rinser series, I wouldn't be surprised if I could get the materials faster than getting a Rinser weapon to drop.

@Ryoga said in This game is really demoralising at times.:

Global might do it differently so take it with a grain of salt but in jp they added the Rinser weapons to their weapon badge exchange after the end of the event and they might do the same thing here. If so then you shouldn't have any issue getting the weapon you were after as RWB5s are one of the main things you can farm from the LQ so everyone who did so should have quite a few of them.

Yes, I seen this a few days ago, but I was hoping to get a few to drop in the Limited Time Quest instead of buying them from the exchange shop in the future. Rinser weapons cost 300 RWB6's on the JP server, so I would need 1500 just so I can level one of them to 35 (without buying Enhance Cap+1's that is) and I have no idea how easy it will be to obtain RWB6's.

I would agree with this if the materials needed to obtain the weapons didn't look so daunting. It's just as demoralising as playing all day without getting a certain item to drop.

@HermitST said in This game is really demoralising at times.:

I would agree with this if the materials needed to obtain the weapons didn't look so daunting. It's just as demoralising as playing all day without getting a certain item to drop.

With Cradle of Darkness UH, it's a lot less daunting now than it seems. 14* weapons drop like candy there, so plam, emerard, and excubes are very quick to grind for. Class excubes can also be easily obtained by running Masq (very easy on low stages thanks to the huge damage bonus you get for using weapons like Klauz, Rivalate, Trailblazer, etc...). The biggest hurdles are the Darkstones (no way of mass buying TPD triggers and he's not run often enough, the droprate for them is actually not that bad though) and the luminfragments/crystals. If you're willing to spend the meseta (it's quite a lot of it though), you can buy enhance caps from the player shop to reduce the copies of Agile you have to make. IIRC, there are a few "welfare" Lumincrystals laying around you can claim (there is 3 for completing divide 31-35 from a title), so the real grind is likely to be for Luminfragments.

This is, of course, not to say you should grind for a Klauz or have to do so. Fluxio (will likely be released soon) and Rinser are essentially equivalent to it in terms of DPS, from what I've seen. Klauz just look cool.

@HermitST said in This game is really demoralising at times.:

I have no idea how easy it will be to obtain RWB6's.

There is no such thing as an RWB6 and there is no point in ever adding one to the game. RWB5s are already the equivalent of whatever their WB20XX currently is. In jp their weapon badges are linked to the year they are released on which is why they drop even on normal difficulty and "need" to be replaced every year, the weapon badges in global however are linked to content progression with UH content already being "the end of the line" without any need for yearly updates.

If you want some good gear, you can wait for CM3 to be added to global and get the Fluxio series from titles. They're very, very good and it'll be "easier" to get than Klauz (or whatever global calls it). Oh, and the weapon conversion is also free, no craft materials required. Until then, you don't have to worry much if you have at least a liberate/Atlas with + potential or an Ayer weapon from Zieg.

I'm still hunting down the launcher from Dio Hunar.