So S-Grade Augments are either negated or changed in NGS...

According to this quote from the site:
"The designation of S-Grade Augments will be negated in PSO2:NGS and these items will also have modified values that correlate to some extent with the original abilities or stats.

When I was upslotting my Lightweave Sword, I used it's natural S5 Augment to help with the upslotting, and after some time and after seeing what it does, the Flashguard Unleashed Ability doesn't help much since I'm a Hero full time. However I do like the boost it gets when it activates in Hunter, but since NGS is changing things or maybe getting rid of it altogether, I wonder if it might be the best idea for me to keep that ability.

I thought it was but now that I'm unsure if this aug is even going to be there, I wonder if I should replace it with a stat boosting aug after all. Because if it stays that's all the more reason to keep it, since I'm only grinding until I get the Klauz units but, and it'll probably help in NGS, but if it isn't I'm just wasting Aug space for a better one that could probably help better. So now my decision is to either wait until NGS comes out to see what it turns into or just replace it and not worry about it at all. I hope people can get my dilemma about this....

We've known this for months now. They don't want pso2 weapons to dominate ngs.

Honestly we don't know what to expect for changes. Ideas of the best are all guesses.

Thankfully the whole affix system and its effects goes mostly BOOM for NGS.

Most of the augment conversions observed in the JP CBT1 are also documented on arks visiphone. The augment are listed in fan translation names, but you'll have some general idea about how the conversion will be.

https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Portal:New_Genesis/Special_Ability_Conversion

Please note that these are just what people saw in CBT1, the conversion rules can change from here.

But even if we should expect some changes, I personally felt that the gears we use in PSO2 original should be affixed according to the needs of PSO2, ignoring their spec in NGS.

@Fiona-Respha said in So S-Grade Augments are either negated or changed in NGS...:

Most of the augment conversions observed in the JP CBT1 are also documented on arks visiphone. The augment are listed in fan translation names, but you'll have some general idea about how the conversion will be.

https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Portal:New_Genesis/Special_Ability_Conversion

Please note that these are just what people saw in CBT1, the conversion rules can change from here.

But even if we should expect some changes, I personally felt that the gears we use in PSO2 original should be affixed according to the needs of PSO2, ignoring their spec in NGS.

Most we can say is that PSO2 end game weapons and units will help for leveling in NGS. Don't expect to ever carry them in end game though.

@Zeke Yes, indeed. But not only the end game weapons/units, regular weapons/units will help us to skip the gear upgrading process of early games of NGS, I think. The vast range of performance difference in the original PSO2 seems to be greatly reduced in NGS. A good deal of differences between gears are removed when they are brought to NGS. So regardless of their spec in the original PSO2, any +35 15-star weapon will work fine as a substitute to a 3-star NGS born weapon, and any +10 13-star unit will be able to fill the role of a 3-star NGS born unit. I guess when 4-star gears appear on NGS, all PSO2 made gears will be outperformed. Just the best gears in PSO2 can last longer than regular ones.

We probably will get a big shiny balance-shifting addition of the sort a few years into NGS to mix things up, but it doesn't make sense to provide that sort of thing early on and reduce their mileage for such additions as the game ages.

@Guilrel FWIW, this conversion spreadsheet was linked on Reddit yesterday and it looks to have the same information shared by Fiona. I find the layout to be a little more navigable so it might be of help.

As for your dilemma, personally I'd use the best SGA for my character in base PSO2 while saving up additional SGAs to potentially swap out when I play NGS as changing SGAs is pretty painless. And who knows, by the time NGS launches and we level up to the point where we can use our old 15 star weapons, you may have the resources to make another Klauz sword and have one affixed for base PSO2 and one affixed for NGS.

There won't be S-grades at all? that is a shame. I like the ones that change abilities or attacks it adds some fun depth to items

@Ki-Rin said in So S-Grade Augments are either negated or changed in NGS...:

There won't be S-grades at all?

It'd be kind of ridiculous if 4★ was considered "S-Grade". PSO2 is already pretty ridiculous to consider 7★ rare lol. We'll surely get there, but it'll probably take a short while to get through the earlier rarities first. Gotta savour the journey, you know?

oh I don't mean for low star weapons.

We're not likely to start with much higher than 6★.

Shouldn't start with anything at all TBH. no idea why weapons should carry over. inb4 "just don't use them!" x)

@Ki-Rin said in So S-Grade Augments are either negated or changed in NGS...:

Shouldn't start with anything at all TBH.

No I meant dropping from within NGS itself. We know 15★ PSO2 weapons (at least excepting katanas, bows, jet boots, soaring blades and harmonizers) will be converted to 4★ in NGS. I'm not expecting them to be instantly obsoleted by 7★ or better drops that people will be getting on day 1, let alone ones that have an equipment requirement of 1 like Zax, Basileon and friends that were an obvious catch-up mechanism. No catch-up will be needed at the start of the new game.

looking forward to it =D