The Force Council

For any one curious about the way of the force.

@Misaki-Ki any good fire dark build for a force/Techer that you could link?

I can link you a build but it's going to depend highly on what point of content NA will be at, so I'm a little hesitant to post anything super concrete as far as skill trees this early. Techer is pretty easy to set up for a subclass, you won't really have to make any hard sacrifices.

For Force, you will have to make sacrifices somewhere if you wish to spec into all the elements. There isn't enough skill points to go into everything you'd want. Exactly what gets cut depends on the content and how the skills are balanced. I can't give you a solid answer there right now.

@Subspace-Optix @Misaki-Ki Force/Techer later in the game will be able to get points towards all of the element trees, however, we'll have to see what the current content we'll get in the CBT/OBT. I personally wouldn't bother a whole lot into trees right now, since messing them up is costly.

Seems I have found my people!

Midori has been gone for quite some time~ Welcome back!

Coming back from the Last Phantasy Star. Not much seems to have changed with force use on its face. Any tips on building solid damage tech balanced with Healing and buff/debuff capabilities as I will be our parties only "magic" user. I'd really like to be able to dish it out damage wise with the rest of the party, but have the abilities to buff them up before we start and also do the life saving heal bit while were in the think of it!

Currently I'm a Numan Force User Thanks All.

@Papa-Exile said in The Force Council:

Coming back from the Last Phantasy Star. Not much seems to have changed with force use on its face. Any tips on building solid damage tech balanced with Healing and buff/debuff capabilities as I will be our parties only "magic" user. I'd really like to be able to dish it out damage wise with the rest of the party, but have the abilities to buff them up before we start and also do the life saving heal bit while were in the think of it!

Currently I'm a Numan Force User Thanks All.

Force in PSO2 doesn't buff. You can still cast Shifta and Deband but the duration is very short and... well Bouncer and Techter are better at buffing than Force. Techter especially has their Shifta and Deband last 3 times longer than other classes while also getting exclusive features (Increasing max HP of the party for example).

As force you can fully focus on being a glass cannon of destruction. Stack as much TEC Power as possible, this will boost your Resta and offensive capabilities like crazy.

@Cathy when you say stack tech power are you talking about the skill tree?

Once the game fully launches I'll go more into detail of what i mean.

Yes, the Skill Tree is critical in PSO2. But choose what you spend your Skill Points on wisely as you only earn one skill point for each level your character gains. As noted above by Cathy, PSO2 has changed up and split off many of the old capabilities onto to new character classes. So as a Force player we're no longer playing the multiversal role of healer/buffer/debuffer/status ailment curer/AOE (Area of Effect) attacker.

A Force's role in PSO2 is focused on their magical (Technique) attack capabilities, and secondarily on being a healer (Resta). And yes, it's taking a bit to get use to for me as well, but I'm rather liking it. We now also have the ability to have up to six (only three at start) different weapons equipped and setup (weapon palettes) that we can quickly cycle through. So unlike PSO where a FO started with a Cane, we now start out with a Rod, Tails (called a "Slicer" in PSO), and a Gunblade (thanks Final Fantasy VIII).

So getting back to your question; spending SP developing your Force Skill Tree to improve the potency of your Techniques is a must! And pay close attention as you will unlock the better skills to develop this aspect rather quickly, so don't waste all your SP developing that skill in the top-left of your tree as it only raises the power of your Techniques by +2 per SP spent, but there are ones that unlock further down that raise the power by quite a lot more at the same single SP cost.

Really loving Force ❤

@Lynn-F I was curious, does a skill reset have an AC cost attached to it? I think I only allocated 2 or 3 points during the CBT, but I'm hoping to carry the character forward like most are.

Very different getting used to all the changes from PSO I&II 😓

@starkeblue You can buy an additional Skill Tree for AC, but skill tree reset passes were usually handed out during class balance changes. They might give new players a couple of passes, also when they do, make sure to take advantage of the multiple character slots that are free. The pass distribution is given out for each character.

@Lynn-F Ah, so make sure that I have as many characters as possible in order to get multiple free passes, eh? Thanks for the tip!

I was kind of taken aback that we can just change our character classes at will, so I wasn't sure what the utility was in carrying several. But I guess there's these rewards, different builds within the same class (without using reset passes), and of course cosmetic/race/gender options.