Auto Pick Up - Improve Granularity

db29b6d4-b03b-412c-9f75-ef4b8d2ee137-image.png

All Auto Pick Up options in Options > Game Settings > Settings have exactly one option that is not Disabled. This makes sense for Meseta Auto-Looting and Immediate Material Item Acquisition (when using Material Storage) as there's (practically) no limit. But the rest?

Immediate Weapon Acquisition

• Use When 13★ Or Greater
  • Disabled

Immediate Unit Acquisition

• Use When 12★ Or Greater
  • Disabled

Immediate Acquisition of Other Items

• Use When 13★ Or Greater
  • Disabled

These don't make sense!

New players especially are going to want a lower setting; while some of the newest content may drop 13★ weapons on Normal (maybe?) they'd benefit from being able to set it to 7-9★ and getting those 1-stat-requirement starter weapons automatically, or at least weapons that sell for ~1,000 meseta.

High-level players may wish to vary their Auto Pick Up setting depending on the content they're running; if they're after a specific weapon that happens to be 12★ for instance, Auto Pick Up cannot help them right now. On the other hand if they're running Cradle of Darkness UH with limited storage space they'll probably want there to be able to set it to 14★ to filter out literally over 100 Nemesis, Raven and Invade drops per window that rapidly fill space and risk preventing subsequent pickup of more desirable items - or worse, filling Temporary Storage so fast that those items are picked up and then deleted within seconds.

This is surely an easy change to make; instead of a boolean setting, parameterise the rarity of each setting from 1-15 (or lower for Units) or Disabled and allow players to set it via the same input mechanism as the Player Shop's Product Search already uses:

67709083-7ddc-4967-92dc-bbd811e00a21-image.png

Please, there are some items I would like to auto-loot that the current system gives no way to.

@Weirdo said in Auto Pick Up - Improve Granularity:

Please, there are some items I would like to auto-loot that the current system gives no way to.

Ah really? Like what?

I really think there could be some huge quality-of-life gains with the entire auto-loot system. Imagine if you could set it up so it auto-looted units with say 5+ slots and specific augments, or just with any S-grade augments. Generally players know what they want to pick up and if we had a deep auto-loot configuration it'd be a huge convenience! But at the same time I imagine asking for a complex setup would be more likely to get the request ignored so I'm leaning towards asking for a simple rarity configuration in the hopes that it'd be understood and implemented faster.

But I'd still be interested in talking about the potential for a good auto-loot system, absolutely!

A very obvious example is 10*+ in general, since why would you skip any cubes/sphere fodder, and also SGAs do not get autolooted and some VERY expensive ones drop in the new UH versions of Urgents which you can easily miss amongst all the rare drop spam.

Yeah... I just got stuck for about 90 seconds in the Cradle UH window a couple hours ago when an Add S6 dropped. Every time I cleared some inventory space it was full again by the time I closed the menu to manually pick it up. I'm kind of surprised SGA items are 10★ to begin with though; aren't all S-Grade capable weapons and units 13★ and above?

The auto loot setup we have just collapses sometimes now.

I've always thought this was a bit curious as well. The only thing I could think of his the high level players wouldn't want to be bothered with he 9★ "chaff" and down. But then as rightly pointed out above most of that is gonna have and be our fodder for affoxing and what nots.

It would be amazing to have as granular auto-looting parameters set like you detail @Miraglyth . But also agree that would be probably one hell of a few dev cycles or 10 to get done. And that "simply" opening up those three to be settable for the full ranges of rarity would be a big quick QoL (Quality of Life) improvement fo sho.

o/ =^.^=

@Miraglyth said in Auto Pick Up - Improve Granularity:

@Weirdo said in Auto Pick Up - Improve Granularity:

Ah really? Like what?

Eggs and sweets mostly, but it would also be nice to have auto loot on weapons that have enough stars to be exchanged for ex-cubes.

I want this too! It takes forever picking up all of those Deos but I’m not leaving them behind. Let me autoloot my 10*!