Thoughts on perm scratches?

Anyone has idea on future AC SCRATCHES??? like do we follow JP server AC Scratch?

@Hyakyuuen said in Thoughts on perm scratches?:

Anyone has idea on future AC SCRATCHES??? like do we follow JP server AC Scratch?

It's unlikely we'll ever be on parity as far as AC Scratches are concerned with JP. But that's just how Sega of JP is, they don't really care about anyone but the JP playerbase.

@NotWhoUThink said in Thoughts on perm scratches?:

It's unlikely we'll ever be on parity as far as AC Scratches are concerned with JP. But that's just how Sega of JP is, they don't really care about anyone but the JP playerbase.

Ain't that the truth. I still remember Sega representatives at E3 and such that there was no market for pso outside of Japan so they had no intentions of releasing outside their country. Microsoft gladly proved to them they were wrong.

Then a few months after pso2 global somewhat massive success with revenue Sega said they just never had the "time", but always "planned for release" to other countries.

Until recently Japan had a serious Xenophobic viewpoint to things outside their country. A lot of things that were Japan only are opening up to other countries, but their older generation hates it. At least that is what I get from Japanese politics.

Seems to be the case with most game companies in japan.

@Yggranya said in Thoughts on perm scratches?:

Seems to be the case with most game companies in japan.

True, Sega of JP isn't the worst in that regard though but they're still pretty bad.

@Zeke said in Thoughts on perm scratches?:

Ain't that the truth. I still remember Sega representatives at E3 and such that there was no market for pso outside of Japan so they had no intentions of releasing outside their country. Microsoft gladly proved to them they were wrong.

Then a few months after pso2 global somewhat massive success with revenue Sega said they just never had the "time", but always "planned for release" to other countries.

Until recently Japan had a serious Xenophobic viewpoint to things outside their country. A lot of things that were Japan only are opening up to other countries, but their older generation hates it. At least that is what I get from Japanese politics.

To me it feels less like Xenophobia and more like they just aren't willing to take risks to bring things outside of Japan. Although I do still agree Xenophobia still has a part in it.

Like I said it's more the old generation of Japanese than younger. Similar to how younger generations in other countries are far more tolerant than their parents.

Should look up their history and how they treated foreign travelers. It was brutal. While I'm sure Japan wasn't the only one to do this, but out of all the history I've studied Japan has one of the most violent. It's interesting on why Xenophobia was a thing until recently with them. Be it in their games, movies, shows or any form of culture.

@AndrlCh said in Thoughts on perm scratches?:

As for the mention that contents will change in the future, I imagine it will be like with the FUN scratch where some items will be rotated out for different ones while a portion stays the same until the next rotation where those end up being cycled out (maybe they will be cycling though the color variants of the items).

If they already had some plan of changing the lineup of these permanent scratches, I think they will show that on the detailed descriptions of the scratch, especially when they are thinking about some periodical change. For example, the FUN scratch page notifies about the periodical lineup rotation on the very first line.

http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/fun/

※FUNスクラッチで入手できるアイテムは、一定期間ごとに更新され入れ替わります。 アイテムによってはFUNスクラッチから削除され、入手することができなくなる場合がありますのでご注意ください。

On JP official site, they are pretty precise about the details of what they are selling. So I guess the comment on the future change on the PSO2 F/M Collection is just there in case. I don't think they have some actual plan to change it.