Thoughts on perm scratches?

JP recently got their first perma scratches, one for male fashion and one for female fashion. While I am happy with the huge selection available I will say I feel like it missed out on some things. There was no collab items in them as far as I could see. This would be understandable for IP's not owned by sega like say Nier automata. But there's no reason we couldn't see say Persona stuff in there. There was also no pack related items in there. Like the Tylor stuff. I did see Helga's stuff but I was informed that in JP that wasn't something you had to buy in a pack.

I also didn't see the raven/Yami scratch stuff. Which confuses me because that's OG property for sega. I guess what i'm getting at is as a global player I'm a bit sad. Because I probably won't get to have some of the stuff because I see it excluded here already. It might be possible that tylor stuff shows up in the SG perm scratch since the pack was bought with SG. But I don't have high hopes. I did also see a mention that contents might change in the future? I wonder what that even means.

The Tylor stuff was also in a regular scratch on JP, and the base color version was re-released with the Gurhal Memorial Collection revival scratch that just ended. They have been releasing these themed collection scratches, so that is likely why there are no collab items in the permanent scratch.

As for the mention that contents will change in the future, I imagine it will be like with the FUN scratch where some items will be rotated out for different ones while a portion stays the same until the next rotation where those end up being cycled out (maybe they will be cycling though the color variants of the items).

I like the idea behind the permanent scratches since it potentially means that you get to see some resupply of items that haven't been seen in a while (years in some cases on the JP server), but it really doesn't feel like there is much incentive since the pool is so big and they have been releasing NGS-type scratches where people are more likely to spend their money, meaning that even with the new accessibility, many of the items are still selling for ridiculous prices and the supply isn't really that much better.

Side note, the only time that costume packs have been released on JP to my memory was recently; they put packs of Episode 6 Deluxe items in the AC Shop (you can also obtain these via Red Badges which are from the item codes in the Episode 6 deluxe physical release, and the items can be traded on the player market).

I enjoy the thought of items not being unobtainable. I hope they also decide to do a permanent SG scratch at some point as well, for those whos fashion is bigger numbers.

I’m indifferent I guess for pso2 ones since I already own what I wanted in the past and I can’t wear any of it on my NGS body anyway. Now if they make a NGS permanent scratch down the line then I’ll jump for joy.

@AndrlCh

Really now? That's kind of upsetting how differently Global is treated when it comes to some cosmetics. AFAIK Tylor has only shown up twice for global and they were in SG bundles. Has the Yami ticket items been brought back in any of the themed collections? I was thinking that as well. But I thought it might be more likely that they just swap colors around. Seems odd that they would go to the effort of perm scratches on a rotating stock when NGS is to be the main focus.

When you say costume packs are you referring to things like the oracle pack that we can buy on global right now?

@NIC

They did announce both a perma SG scratch and 2 perma cast scratches. Just no date for them yet.

@Milk

I'm not in a huge hurry to swap to the NGS body now that I know Idle animations/run animations are not tied to which body type you're using and you get to retain your appearance with PSO2 items in cutscenes for NGS. I'll probably swap over to an NGS body once I own a handful of cosmetics I really like that are NGS only.

Permanent would be great. Not like they have to have a limit.

@Knight-Raime said in Thoughts on perm scratches?:

@NIC

They did announce both a perma SG scratch and 2 perma cast scratches. Just no date for them yet.

Can I get a link to this please? I 100% believe you, would just love a link. If ya don't have it, it's whatever.

https://pso2.jp/players/update/20210303/08/

SG Perm scratch April 7th

Male and Female Cast Parts G (Gold AC Scratches - 500 AC instead of 200 AC but gives full set of cast parts) April 21st

I meant an SG support scratch

Perm scratch would be best

@Knight-Raime I'm not sure what you mean by Yami, but odds are that unless it was for a specific one-off non-SEGA collab or was distributed via Item Code, then it is more than likely that it has had at least one revival on JP.

I imagine that until they release more a lot more NGS scratches (there are only 4 outfits per Scratch in the Oracle Renewal Collections, not counting duplicates/variants), they are hoping that people will still be wanting to get PSO2 costumes to have more options.

When I say Costume Packs, I mean stuff like the PSU SG Bundles or the Recommended Fresh Finds bundles that come with the Costume and Hair/Accessories. In this case, they made bundles of the Episode 6 Deluxe Pack cosmetics (as seen here) and put them in the AC Shop.

Permanent scratches are likely due to them not getting any new ones from now on. PSO will get NGS scratches from now on is my guess.

@Zeke said in Thoughts on perm scratches?:

Permanent scratches are likely due to them not getting any new ones from now on. PSO will get NGS scratches from now on is my guess.

And because PSO2 is so new to Global, we didn't get eight years of Scratch recycles and rotations.

This means that SEGA's investors might not even allow the Global team to release the perma PSO2 scratches just because there are currently 3 NGS Scratches that still have to reach Global with the engine update.

We might have to wait another year to get them, considering that Global is still behind JP.

@MasterDarkwingz said in Thoughts on perm scratches?:

@Zeke said in Thoughts on perm scratches?:

And because PSO2 is so new to Global, we didn't get eight years of Scratch recycles and rotations.

This means that SEGA's investors might not even allow the Global team to release the perma PSO2 scratches just because there are currently 3 NGS Scratches that still have to reach Global with the engine update.

We might have to wait another year to get them, considering that Global is still behind JP.

In another year we'll be in NGS. I don't see that as a problem since pso2 costumes don't work with NGS bodies.

I'm super looking forward to permanent SG scratch and how it might work, especially if it uses cheaper choice tickets to offset a larger prize pool. Global never had the original small SG scratch sets JP had and the JP revivals Global got (or simple the new-to-Global combination set) have doubled the interference with no appropriate reduction in choice ticket cost.

So if the permanent SG scratch has an affordable choice ticket and if Global gets it, it'll be the first time Global has ever had an affordable SG scratch. And finding out a few weeks before Astral Guardians ends here may allow us to make big SG savings going into New Genesis.

Honestly if we were to get any JP changes accelerated this would probably be the highest priority for me. Partly because it would allow the permanent SG scratch content to be mirrored on JP and Global which would make Sega's life a bit easier. Partly because if we get permanent SG scratch substantially later we may miss what JP get in their first rotation. Partly because we are now so caught up we are getting some JP enhancements (like 50 daily Parallel World clears) on the same day as JP, so why not?