Cheap one shot mechanics are not good game design

People crying about mechanics but refusing to learn to avoid them or using items designed specifically to counter them just make me point and laugh. lol Also, without 1 shot mechanics this game would be an absolute push over. It's already WAYYYY to easy as it is and they are few and far between unless you are just under geared.

@Ki-Rin

You know you can just move or dodge to avoid getting CC.

Just don't give me this excuse "Not everyone play Scion class", you're embarassing yourself saying this. lmao

@Teasa Or use a god damn Sol Atomizer with Atomizer Fanatic ring on your units and remove the CC and get invincibility frames from it. lol

@ZENCHI-REBORN said in Cheap one shot mechanics are not good game design:

@Yggranya said in Cheap one shot mechanics are not good game design:

@ZENCHI-REBORN So...what does all the other fighting that the game is filled with teach the player? Nothing? Only works if you die? If some moron chooses to ignore game mechanics, and if "facetanking" works as long as it isn't a one-shot, then the developers can only blame themselves for poor game designing. Come on, you can twist it as much as you want but it wouldn't be required if you couldn't heal everything on demand, including death.

The game is as easy as it is and people still complains at the difficulty.

Really? Like where? Or did you just pull that out of your backside just now when it was convenient?

Remove all get out of death abilities from scions and items then. Tone down their evade to the level of none Scions and lets see some real fun. Do it, SEGA. they say its too easy. Fix the game.

@Ki-Rin said in Cheap one shot mechanics are not good game design:

Remove all get out of death abilities from scions and items then. Tone down their evade to the level of none Scions and lets see some real fun. Do it, SEGA. they say its too easy. Fix the game.

While they're at it, return to episode 1 combat too so 99.99% of the global community can't even kill a rockbear.

While it is not a bad idea in terms of trying to teach people how to actually properly play action combat (evade damage) rather than depend on crutches like heals/automate/life leech - it is going to eliminate the casual population. We can look at Wildstar to see what happens when you focus on raids and the hardcore players only.

@HarmlessSyan said in Cheap one shot mechanics are not good game design:

While it is not a bad idea in terms of trying to teach people how to actually properly play action combat (evade damage) rather than depend on crutches like heals/automate/life leech - it is going to eliminate the casual population. We can look at Wildstar to see what happens when you focus on raids and the hardcore players only.

But the best players play scions :^)

If you get enough Sidestep Plus, you will have a longer invincibility time than scion class.

@HarmlessSyan said in Cheap one shot mechanics are not good game design:

But the best players play scions :^)

The best players play whatever they feel like playing.

The best players definitely don't play Fighter that's for sure.

You can literally walk to the ice pillar though, you don’t need a dodge. It goes up earlier than the attack goes off. And for phase1 sometimes it gets tricky if two in a row get affected but we get the dash bridges. Even my Summoner can do it. I prefer my Etoile because floaty magical girl but I get by with the other classes. It’s a fun fight but it’s probably a bit jarring because this game isn’t known for these mechanics but just like the other UQ, practice makes perfect! I’ve been seeing less deaths lately already.

@Milk said in Cheap one shot mechanics are not good game design:

You can literally walk to the ice pillar though, you don’t need a dodge. It goes up earlier than the attack goes off. And for phase1 sometimes it gets tricky if two in a row get affected but we get the dash bridges. Even my Summoner can do it. I prefer my Etoile because floaty magical girl but I get by with the other classes. It’s a fun fight but it’s probably a bit jarring because this game isn’t known for these mechanics but just like the other UQ, practice makes perfect! I’ve been seeing less deaths lately already.

I'm amazed there's still deaths after the second time they fight it to be honest.

@Ki-Rin Players would just go back to subbing Hu again if they need survivability, every other class can match or even surpass the amount of step i-frames that scion classes have. Also, a bunch of PAs have i-frames baked into them so if you're going to try and shit all over scion classes; you would have to go to like, ep2-3 balance (not global's version, they had EP6 balance throughout their lifespan).

@ZENCHI-REBORN said in Cheap one shot mechanics are not good game design:

@Milk said in Cheap one shot mechanics are not good game design:

I'm amazed there's still deaths after the second time they fight it to be honest.

It took 1-2 months for me to stop seeing constant death in Profound Darkness or Crimson Wyvern so it doesn’t surprise me. New things are hard, but they’ll get it.