Cheap one shot mechanics are not good game design

@Ryoga said in Cheap one shot mechanics are not good game design:

@Fattest-Leg said in Cheap one shot mechanics are not good game design:

@HarmlessSyan said in Cheap one shot mechanics are not good game design:

@Fattest-Leg nope, not that S4 either

then I'm not sure where the healing is coming from on those 30 hp ticks per hit.

Look at his HP, that should make it obvious.

S5:Vigorous response ?

then I'm not sure where the healing is coming from on those 30 hp ticks per hit.

Yes, also the reason why he tried to avoid the "big hits" wasn't for survival but to preserve hero boost. A Ra/Hu would probably be more efficient in pulling off this kind of "gameplay" as it has noticeably higher damage reduction, automate, doesn't lose damage when being hit and also has the increased mobility from Parallel Slider Type-0 but there is apparently no footage of it so I couldn't give a practical example here.

Yes, also the reason why he tried to avoid the "big hits" wasn't for survival but to preserve hero boost. A Ra/Hu would probably be more efficient in pulling of this kind of "gameplay" as it has noticeably higher damage reduction, automate, doesn't lose damage when being hit and also has the increased mobility from Parallel Slider Type-0 but there is apparently no footage of it so I couldn't give a practical example here.

Could you record your own gameplay with this build on TPD to set an example.

@IfrianMMO said in Cheap one shot mechanics are not good game design:

I feel like i am going to be quoting this thread a lot whenever next someone claims the NA community is just as good as the JP community and that their performance is above what is needed for UH.

It really depends on where you're running the UQ. When I have premium time up, I go to Block 1, and jump into the UQ the moment it starts, which usually leads to me getting a Primordial group that beats Sodom and Gomora so damned hard and fast I legitimately feel bad for them (I had a run the other morning that was over in less then twelve minutes, it was a thing of beauty).

But if you're just doing a random block selection ten minutes into the UQ, yeah you're probably going to be in for a bad time. You'll still clear it, since Primordial Darkness doesn't have any failure conditions other than running out of moons or time (which both would require an extraordinarily large lack of skill to achieve), it just won't be clean.

Overall though, I do still think that the global playerbase, as a whole, has handled the game's more difficult content far and away better than the JP playerbase. Remember - we never got expert matchmaking. The biggest trip up has really just been people going into UQ's compeltely under geared with a freshly dinged level 100 character. Thankfully, NGS is going to solve that problem, so we'll see less and less of that going forward into the Expansiosequel.