Cheap one shot mechanics are not good game design

I know that feel I still miss PSO1 but SEGA hate my money.

@Ryoga said in Cheap one shot mechanics are not good game design:

@Fattest-Leg said in Cheap one shot mechanics are not good game design:

@Milk said in Cheap one shot mechanics are not good game design:

@Riesz said in Cheap one shot mechanics are not good game design:

@Milk said in Cheap one shot mechanics are not good game design:

@ZENCHI-REBORN said in Cheap one shot mechanics are not good game design:

@Milk

I have 5 moons at me all the time, I just don't use them.

I use them when 4+ people drop because that slows down the run but I stopped doing them individually because usually the player died immediately after. I usually need them for room wide res, I can’t waste any and I can’t beat the 12-man by myself.

Yeah, honestly using them for only one person more than once in each phase is definitely a waste, it just uses a moon atomizer that could be used when it's way more necessary. One person should have the patience to wait for someone else to die before they get revived in TPD. Unless they have way better gear than everyone else, and play a high dps class, reviving one person is just a waste of moon atomizers. Of course if only one person dies right before the boss is almost dead in the last phase people should revive them though.

Yeah and there’s that panic that I won’t have enough moons because sure enough in UH UQ of the past it’s usually been me and one other player. If we both wasted all our moons then bye-bye run for this one. 😞

Ironically the thing that would help these people the most (cause lets face it: "git gud" is not a realistic option here) is also the thing that's the most unaccessible to them: god units. While they're a bit of a meme (as the main thing a good player gets out of them (compared to the more "budget" alternatives) is about a 6% damage increase) they actually would make a difference for those who have issues staying alive as they also provide a ≈ 30% increase in defence and a ≈ 30-50% increase in HP.

Gear doesn't save a bad player from getting smacked.

Unless they're getting stun locked or try to face-tank the highly telegraphed "OHKO" attack: it does.

You're using a Hero using Skillful as an example, please never do that again.

@fattest leg: that is one tall pyramid

PhatLeg is upset because he know's his mom is Skillful. As does the rest of the neighborhood. ;0 ;~)

o/ =^.^=

@KnightHarb1nger said in Cheap one shot mechanics are not good game design:

PhatLeg is upset because he know's his mom is Skillful. As does the rest of the neighborhood. ;0 ;~)

o/ =^.^=

My mother is very promiscuous and that's her life, what does that have to do with my comment.

@Fattest-Leg I'll speak only for myself. As Ki maybe understood what you meant by saying "You're using a Hero using Skillful as an example, please never do that again." But I'm not arsehole 1337 enough to know, understand, or care beyond throwing a mindless lob your way for the funsies.

o/ =^.^=

I just love the old style of PSO1 more, its less flashy and slower but i like it. Probably why I love weapons like launcher. I do like PSO2 though. in part to the nice community on ship 3. they know who they are ❤

@Fattest-Leg I'll speak only for myself. As Ki maybe understood what you meant by saying "You're using a Hero using Skillful as an example, please never do that again." But I'm not arsehole 1337 enough to know, understand, or care beyond throwing a mindless lob your way for the funsies.

o/ =^.^=

S5: Skillful adept will

o/ =^.^=

I know some people may be nostalgic for the past, but let's leave the mom jokes back in grade school where they belong.

o/ =^.^=

That's obviously not the S5 he was using but even if it was it would still be a valid example of how gear can save a bad player from "being smacked".

o/ =^.^=

That's obviously not the S5 he was using but even if it was it would still be a valid example of how gear can save a bad player from "being smacked".

You're correct, I just translated the SGA's on description and he's using the S4: Vampiric Strike /Lifesteal strike, Gear can't save a bad player from getting smacked, if you noticed during the video the player moves during big hits that could potentially destroy his HP.

@Fattest-Leg nope, not that S4 either

@HarmlessSyan said in Cheap one shot mechanics are not good game design:

then I'm not sure where the healing is coming from on those 30 hp ticks per hit.

@HarmlessSyan said in Cheap one shot mechanics are not good game design:

then I'm not sure where the healing is coming from on those 30 hp ticks per hit.

Look at his HP, that should make it obvious.

@Fattest-Leg S5: Life V Adaptation Grants bonuses when your max HP is at 1000 and every 500 max HP afterwards, up to 3000 HP, as follows:

1000 HP: Reduces damage taken by 5%.
1500 HP: Recover 5% of your maximum HP every 10s.
2000 HP: Increase damage by 0.4% for every 10% of max HP remaining. (min: 0%, max: 4%)
2500 HP: Recover 30 HP on attack.
3000 HP: Become immune to knockback.