Cheap one shot mechanics are not good game design

@Milk said in Cheap one shot mechanics are not good game design:

@ZENCHI-REBORN said in Cheap one shot mechanics are not good game design:

You can literally walk to the ice pillar though, you don’t need a dodge. It goes up earlier than the attack goes off. And for phase1 sometimes it gets tricky if two in a row get affected but we get the dash bridges. Even my Summoner can do it. I prefer my Etoile because floaty magical girl but I get by with the other classes. It’s a fun fight but it’s probably a bit jarring because this game isn’t known for these mechanics but just like the other UQ, practice makes perfect! I’ve been seeing less deaths lately already.

I'm amazed there's still deaths after the second time they fight it to be honest.

It took 1-2 months for me to stop seeing constant death in Profound Darkness or Crimson Wyvern so it doesn’t surprise me. New things are hard, but they’ll get it.

I don't even, this is just cringe.

A surprise attack is a surprise, it doesn't work twice, or at least it shouldn't.

You can literally walk to the ice pillar though, you don’t need a dodge. It goes up earlier than the attack goes off. And for phase1 sometimes it gets tricky if two in a row get affected but we get the dash bridges. Even my Summoner can do it. I prefer my Etoile because floaty magical girl but I get by with the other classes. It’s a fun fight but it’s probably a bit jarring because this game isn’t known for these mechanics but just like the other UQ, practice makes perfect! I’ve been seeing less deaths lately already.

I'm amazed there's still deaths after the second time they fight it to be honest.

It took 1-2 months for me to stop seeing constant death in Profound Darkness or Crimson Wyvern so it doesn’t surprise me. New things are hard, but they’ll get it.

A surprise attack is a surprise, it doesn't work twice, or at least it shouldn't.

That’s how it should go anyway. If I want to play with pugs then I need patience, though. I know they’ll eventually learn the fight with enough practice. I remember how annoyed I used to get at older UQ, an “are you kidding me?” kind of reaction but then it happened for every single new UQ so it became the norm. Just pack those moons and try your best(and don’t yell at the screen like me) 😝

That’s how it should go anyway. If I want to play with pugs then I need patience, though. I know they’ll eventually learn the fight with enough practice. I remember how annoyed I used to get at older UQ, an “are you kidding me?” kind of reaction but then it happened for every single new UQ so it became the norm. Just pack those moons and try your best(and don’t yell at the screen like me) 😝

I have 5 moons at me all the time, I just don't use them.

@Milk

I use them when 4+ people drop because that slows down the run but I stopped doing them individually because usually the player died immediately after. I usually need them for room wide res, I can’t waste any and I can’t beat the 12-man by myself.

I feel like i am going to be quoting this thread a lot whenever next someone claims the NA community is just as good as the JP community and that their performance is above what is needed for UH.

I use them when 4+ people drop because that slows down the run but I stopped doing them individually because usually the player died immediately after. I usually need them for room wide res, I can’t waste any and I can’t beat the 12-man by myself.

I usually inspect everyone's gear, if I see them die I waste more time ressing them than the speed they add with their DPS.

I still see people taking more than 10 minutes running primordial darkness on UH, even if they have guardian soul units.

@ZENCHI-REBORN

I've seen those guys who have full god units & can't play their class correctly. 🙂

@Milk

Yeah, honestly using them for only one person more than once in each phase is definitely a waste, it just uses a moon atomizer that could be used when it's way more necessary. One person should have the patience to wait for someone else to die before they get revived in TPD. Unless they have way better gear than everyone else, and play a high dps class, reviving one person is just a waste of moon atomizers. Of course if only one person dies right before the boss is almost dead in the last phase people should revive them though.

I've always wondered how to make best use of my Moons. Or at least I used to. Since I'm currently more the multiple incapacitation per phase kind of player with the Face of the Abyss UHUQ. Even then I try to blow my moon load as much as possible to at least kind of give back. And I do wince a good bit when I see other simultaneous moons go off. Like "F." ;~)

o/ =^.^=

@Riesz said in Cheap one shot mechanics are not good game design:

@Milk

Yeah, honestly using them for only one person more than once in each phase is definitely a waste, it just uses a moon atomizer that could be used when it's way more necessary. One person should have the patience to wait for someone else to die before they get revived in TPD. Unless they have way better gear than everyone else, and play a high dps class, reviving one person is just a waste of moon atomizers. Of course if only one person dies right before the boss is almost dead in the last phase people should revive them though.

Yeah and there’s that panic that I won’t have enough moons because sure enough in UH UQ of the past it’s usually been me and one other player. If we both wasted all our moons then bye-bye run for this one. 😞

@Milk

Yeah and there’s that panic that I won’t have enough moons because sure enough in UH UQ of the past it’s usually been me and one other player. If we both wasted all our moons then bye-bye run for this one. 😞

Ironically the thing that would help these people the most (cause lets face it: "git gud" is not a realistic option here) is also the thing that's the most unaccessible to them: god units. While they're a bit of a meme (as the main thing a good player gets out of them (compared to the more "budget" alternatives) is about a 6% damage increase) they actually would make a difference for those who have issues staying alive as they also provide a ≈ 30% increase in defence and a ≈ 30-50% increase in HP.

@Ryoga said in Cheap one shot mechanics are not good game design:

@Milk

Ironically the thing that would help these people the most (cause lets face it: "git gud" is not a realistic option here) is also the thing that's the most unaccessible to them: god units. While they're a bit of a meme (as the main thing a good player gets out of them (compared to the more "budget" alternatives) is about a 6% damage increase) they actually would make a difference for those who have issues staying alive as they also provide a ≈ 30% increase in defence and a ≈ 30-50% increase in HP.

Gear doesn't save a bad player from getting smacked.

@Fattest-Leg said in Cheap one shot mechanics are not good game design:

@Milk

Gear doesn't save a bad player from getting smacked.

Unless they're getting stun locked or try to face-tank the highly telegraphed "OHKO" attack: it does.

Unless they're getting stun locked or try to face-tank the highly telegraphed "OHKO" attack: it does.

This is peak pso2 content, this is why i love this game, it's hilarious

@NA-oodan said in Cheap one shot mechanics are not good game design:

mad cuz bad, better play hello kitty island adventure instead

Aw man!! Got so excited for a second.. ..then F. Missed it literally but like a decade.

Very sad. 😿

/o\ ;~(