so is it safe to say that the innocent people who were suspended are just screwed, then?

i was one of them. claimed the reward, didn't get any rewards in game. found out there was issues and they took them down, and then saw the tweets that everything was fixed, so i checked the gamepass page again, redeemed it again, and then was hit with a suspension.

a week long suspension for something that isn't my fault in a single way is unreal.

@heIIy did you try filling a ban appeal detailing everything you did exactly?

This is really messed up.

So you claimed the reward once and decided to claim it again later? I think you just admitted to abusing it even if it was a mistake.

It's a suspension so it will pass. Likely the reason they did suspensions instead of bans because of people who did what you did.

No, @GamerKillance they are saying they claimed the rewards, but recieved NO ITEM in game, microsoft "Fixed the Gamepass Issue" and brought the page back up so you can claim the code, and it issued a NEW code.

How can they abuse it if they have recieved no rewards

@PurplePenguin04 said in so is it safe to say that the innocent people who were suspended are just screwed, then?:

No, @GamerKillance they are saying they claimed the rewards, but recieved NO ITEM in game, microsoft "Fixed the Gamepass Issue" and brought the page back up so you can claim the code, and it issued a NEW code.

How can they abuse it if they have recieved no rewards

You say that, but the OP didn't. He claimed them and that's enough for Microsoft to act. Any attempt at exploitation can be bannable hence why they're doing suspension instead of permanently banning them. People made mistakes and they're investigating who really abused it.

My take anyways.

he did say that, in the 2 setnances @GamerKillance

"i was one of them. claimed the reward, didn't get any rewards in game. "

@PurplePenguin04 said in so is it safe to say that the innocent people who were suspended are just screwed, then?:

he did say that, in the 2 setnances @GamerKillance

"i was one of them. claimed the reward, didn't get any rewards in game. "

I worded it poorly. Currently have limited time so my thoughts are being rushed. Changed for clarification.

The user hasn't verified if they have submitted a ban appeal yet or not, so I take the complaint with a grain of salt.

I am concerned with an automatic suspension system, however. In an open beta environment, using an automated system to suspend people can be very problematic and lead to false suspensions.

You couldn't even redeem it when it was initially launched so this narrative your are creating is quite absurd.

@SmokeTwo2 said in so is it safe to say that the innocent people who were suspended are just screwed, then?:

You couldn't even redeem it when it was initially launched so this narrative your are creating is quite absurd.

What do you mean? Narative, there are quite a lot of people in the same boat as the OP.

I have not redeemed a 2nd code, but if I see the option to redeem code, to get the in game items, Im gonna click it as I want to recieve the items.

orderhistory.png

Annotation 2020-03-20 215603.png

Common COMMON sense would tell you that if you get more than one code something is not right. and if you get more than 2 even more so. Instead of saying hmm my code did not work and i got no items let me enter another code to try again. A mistype or something i can understand. At best what they can do is just look into case by case and those that put it more than one only be given that one and other accounts made be banned.

@Meta77 said in so is it safe to say that the innocent people who were suspended are just screwed, then?:

Common COMMON sense would tell you that if you get more than one code something is not right. and if you get more than 2 even more so. Instead of saying hmm my code did not work and i got no items let me enter another code to try again. A mistype or something i can understand. At best what they can do is just look into case by case and those that put it more than one only be given that one and other accounts made be banned.

Ok so I give you a code for a jacket in real life. it doesnt work. I fix the system, and give you a code for a new jacket.

You try the new redeem the new fixed code for the jacket and put it on, looks nice on you congratulations.

You have 1 jacket.

Ok i ring police as and your ass is in jail, even though you have 1 jacket. You abused the system.

Well considering you can use a QR scanner, I would never notice that it was a different code.

Also, it being a code instead of account bound would make me think "I could ask my buddy with ultimate for his code since he doesn't play PSO2".

Code redeeming doesn't inherently seem nefarious and doesn't automatically mean malicious intentions.

Placing all gone blame on a user who got caught in the crossfire of lazy design isn't helpful.

@Meta77 said in so is it safe to say that the innocent people who were suspended are just screwed, then?:

Ok so I give you a code for a jacket in real life. it doesnt work. I fix the system, and give you a code for a new jacket.

You try the new redeem the new fixed code for the jacket and put it on, looks nice on you congratulations.

You have 1 jacket.

Ok i ring police as and your ass is in jail, even though you have 1 jacket. You abused the system.

That is perhaps the dumbest logic ive heard all morning. if not all week. 1 if i were given a code for a jacket that did not work I WOULD GO TO THE BLOODY STORE first and ask them hey i had a code for this jacket and its not working. was their an issue? And then if there was have them void the first and ask if i could get a second if the first was void. not trot my bottom into the store again and say hmm well best to try again without asking anyone. You tend to learn steps to take in matters like this.