Is affixing even worth it?

Asside from that It is pretty difficult to understand and attempting to affix you would most likely break you brain...

It also appears that unless you are not a whale, you wont ever get any good or decent affixes, because most of them are expensive as hell.

Not with that attitude

We been through many of these threads before.

For the people that doesn't want or care about affixing - just use the freebies.

For the people that are willing to learn how the system works, it doesn't cost all that much

@HarmlessSyan said in Is affixing even worth it?:

We been through many of these threads before.

For the people that doesn't want or care about affixing - just use the freebies.

For the people that are willing to learn how the system works, it doesn't cost all that much

The only thing it really costs is time and a bit of your sanity every time you fail an affix.

If you want god units then you could argue that you would need to "whale" AC/SG for extended storage (saving all the affixes for boost weeks), but othewise its pretty doable as a f2p player.

@Charus said in Is affixing even worth it?:

Asside from that It is pretty difficult to understand and attempting to affix you would most likely break you brain...

It also appears that unless you are not a whale, you wont ever get any good or decent affixes, because most of them are expensive as hell.

What are the 'decent' affixes? Affixing is worth it I should mention, and right now is a great time to do it.

For SSAs: yes. For everything else: it depends "but...".

Now an individual affix like +30 of X stat is not going to have much of an impact but it piles up meaning that so called "God Units" (SSA + Guardian Soul + Absolute Glare + Veteran's Resolve V + Crack V + Aether Factor + Mana Reverie + Mark X / Grand Y) will actually have a rather noticeable impact on your performance as 3 of them will give you about 20% more attack and 30% more defense as well as 50% more HP. You also need to hit certain thresholds for various effects to activate / become more potent such as the bonus effects from Live / Photon V Adaptation.

The biggest issue here however is the storage space as you need to collect a lot of fodder pieces if you want to make this stuff yourself and you can't buy inventory / storage space extensions from other players either because SEGA essentially took the "screw you that's why" approach here.

The absence of add ability capsules, especially for the Mark abilities (which I wish they would have added to the badge exchanges like they did with all the summoner stuff), is another issue here.

I dunno, how do you manage to affix and handle all of the extreme micromanagement hell required with all of the fodders and affixes?

I'm trying to get like cheap and simple affixes (Which will give decent stuff), still an unpretty hell.

Also, what does the Add S5: Augment bloom do exactly? I put it on my Rivalate katana, it does not seem to double any of the affix stats.

When you try to affix something you have to choose the abilities you want to ues first, "add S5" adds a certain S5 special ability to the list of available abilities you can choose from.

@Charus said in Is affixing even worth it?:

it does not seem to double any of the affix stats

The item card only shows you the stats affixed to the item in question, it does not show you any additional stats you get from effects such as "Augment Bloom" which counts as its own thing.

@Charus Just go to your weapon menu and rover on "Remove" you will see that the atks will be doubled.

To be honest if you want to understand how affix work you need to experience everything by yourself.

Use the affix simulator it help alot tho.

I'm not a omega whale but I still manage to make a Guardian Soul units including Crack V etc..

This is the Affix build I managed to do with my Rivalate Katana, well atleast that's something. alt text

@Charus Are you Braver or Phantom?