Cheater during LQ (video in thread)

Speedhacker during LQ. They were speedhacking since the start of the quest but only by Area 3 did I actually catch them doing it. Watch their character jitter almost rapidly using stay art 'Flechette'. Name should be visible in the video. (Pearl)

Video Proof

TIMESTAMPS: 0:03 to 0:12, 1:08 to 1:15

Wow what ship is this? ;o

@Zarozian Ship 2.

These hacks existed forever even in JP PSO2, don't think SEGA care or even can fix it since combat is so heavily client side. At most they ban the offending account, but according to your video, it's just a throw away PN account anyways.

@HarmlessSyan said in Cheater during LQ (video in thread):

These hacks existed forever even in JP PSO2, don't think SEGA care or even can fix it since combat is so heavily client side. At most they ban the offending account, but according to your video, it's just a throw away PN account anyways.

Highly unfortunate, the fact its a throwaway with an alliance though gives me a feeling that their main account is probably in that alliance too. I could be wrong.

@Eye-ce said in Cheater during LQ (video in thread):

@Zarozian Ship 2.

I added you as a friend! ;>

reminds me of the old PSO1 days. at least they can't hurt our characters... right?

Someone in my MPA today was also doing this. There's prob new Looster hacks in the market :^)

@HarmlessSyan said in Cheater during LQ (video in thread):

Imagine the combat if it wasn't as client sided as it is though :3

I believe making this type of game have a lot of server sided ticks like in other games, making it laggy is why I'd rather play an offline game alone and multiplayer features when I'm a bit bored (Like in Monster Hunter) rather than raging for the crappy combat.

Luckily I haven't seen hackers on my ship on PS2, but I'm still salty to the RMT spammer bots.

I guess in the end, you gotta choose the integrity of the gameplay or the security of it... Which is kinda sad.