Disconnected during a Rainbow Key...

So I was running a Rainbow Key earlier and got disconnected during it. I ragequit and took a bath. Only after did one of my friends (who had not been online at the time earlier I was) show me a Facebook post about the bug.

1. Why are these things only posted to social media and not on the launcher or someplace all players will see it before logging on? I have no social media. No Facebook. No Twitter. I rely on Rappy Burst and the launcher for most information. Neither spoke of this that I saw.

2. Will they be giving out another Rainbow Key as compensation? We are owed, as the problem is on their end. If all they do is give another useless Tri-Boost 150, I'm quitting the game and never giving Sega another chance as long as I live.

(Edited to provide more details and clarity.)

I really don't like things like this taking me by surprise a few hours after the fact!

While it is very annoying dc’ing during a rainbow key, I wouldn’t get my hopes up about getting compensation for it, I’ve never heard of anyone getting a replacement one. Plus on triggers which is a consumable similar to keys they state ‘this item will not be returned for any reason once it has been consumed’

I have a feeling I might regret asking, but what is this alleged bug?

@Miraglyth said in Disconnected during a Rainbow Key...:

Thanks for further proving my point. They posted about a disconnect bug a few hours ago. Except I have no social media and no Twitter, and that's the only place they put it! Nothing on launcher, nothing in game. Just a stealth announcement and stealth fix. And I call it stealth because they only said it on social media and didn't make it clear for everyone to see.

Why the heck are companies primarily making announcements on social media? This is dumb. I'm not gonna miss the MMO drama, not at all.

@BloodyKyona said in Disconnected during a Rainbow Key...:

They posted about a disconnect bug a few hours ago.

Oh this one. I thought you meant a separate bug that was specifically causing connection failures during the Rainbow key quest.

@BloodyKyona said in Disconnected during a Rainbow Key...:

@Miraglyth said in Disconnected during a Rainbow Key...:

Thanks for further proving my point. They posted about a disconnect bug a few hours ago. Except I have no social media and no Twitter, and that's the only place they put it! Nothing on launcher, nothing in game. Just a stealth announcement and stealth fix. And I call it stealth because they only said it on social media and didn't make it clear for everyone to see.

Why the heck are companies primarily making announcements on social media? This is dumb. I'm not gonna miss the MMO drama, not at all.

Most likely that companies are using social media is its likely easier and quicker for them to do, plus its likely where they feel where the most people will see it. It would be nice if more announcements could be found somewhere in game, but it is what it is.

One thing you could do, is create a twitter account it’s free, you don’t need to put any details about your self or a picture or anything, just sign up and follow the page, and then your notifications on, that way anything they post will get sent to you, and you can just completely ignore it the rest of the time.

Considering it would be on the scale of an individual, maybe send a ticket about it? Since it was an Azure servers issue and not a normal disconnect, maybe something?

As sad as it is, sometimes things like this can just happen to people. At least it sounds like the server issues were fixed at a decent rate and aren't the chat destroying apocalypse of the early PC days.

I'll do that (send a ticket), thanks.