Missing Rico's weapon camo (* Red Saber)? PSO1 20th Anniversary Event

Does anyone know if there's some way to get it from the PSO1 event happening right now? I've done all the client orders and ran a bunch of missions with the three for titles, but it doesn't appear for there to be any way for us to get her camo * Red Saber.

709c164f-a6bd-42e5-ba8f-065f8e2db511-image.png

From my understanding it's available in a badge shop on JP, but on here it seems like they overlooked adding it into the event for us or into a badge shop.

If there's no way for us to currently get it it'd be great if a GM could slip a word to the team, would be a shame if we could only get 2/3 of the event characters camos.

@Laep said in Missing Rico's weapon camo (* Red Saber)? PSO1 20th Anniversary Event:

Does anyone know if there's some way to get it from the PSO1 event happening right now? I've done all the client orders and ran a bunch of missions with the three for titles, but it doesn't appear for there to be any way for us to get her camo * Red Saber.

709c164f-a6bd-42e5-ba8f-065f8e2db511-image.png

From my understanding it's available in a badge shop on JP, but on here it seems like they overlooked adding it into the event for us or into a badge shop.

If there's no way for us to currently get it it'd be great if a GM could slip a word to the team, would be a shame if we could only get 2/3 of the event characters camos.

I will go check for you real quick.

You are right. It's not any where.

Red Saber along with all the other anniversary related weapon camos are completely unavailable on global.

Luckily this one is not required to recreate her original look as, afaik, Rico were never assotiated with the Red weapons to begin with. They were a prototype weapons series created by Dr. Montague iirc., the PSO2 team just gave her the weapons cause "oh look people called her "Red Ring Rico" and there are also other weapons with "Red" in their name".

It's still a shame that we're missing out on all these anniversary camos.

@Ryoga said in Missing Rico's weapon camo (* Red Saber)? PSO1 20th Anniversary Event:

the PSO2 team just gave her the weapons cause "oh look people called her "Red Ring Rico" and there are also other weapons with "Red" in their name".

Which itself is an amusing parallel with Nei by the way, to the extent that the lack of a direct non-name relationship is itself a connection.

@Ryoga said in Missing Rico's weapon camo (* Red Saber)? PSO1 20th Anniversary Event:

It's still a shame that we're missing out on all these anniversary camos.

Agreed here. Would be nice to get the event in its complete form.

Perhaps we'll get more in terms of NPCs and exchanges when Swirling Inferno Fire Swirl drops next maintenance.

@Ryoga You're wrong on just about everything you said. The Red weapon series was made by Heathcliff Flowen (Rico's mentor) and in art and figurines dating back to PSO1 she's depicted using Red Saber.

@Laep said in Missing Rico's weapon camo (* Red Saber)? PSO1 20th Anniversary Event:

The Red weapon series was made by Heathcliff Flowen (Rico's mentor) and in art and figurines dating back to PSO1 she's depicted using Red Saber.

And do you have any official source for that? Pretty much all of the official artwork for the game from back then depicts her with an emphasis on the ring but not with any of the weapons but this is why I said "iirc" so feel free to present evidence to the contrary if you have some.

You're wrong on just about everything you said.

So you're saying that global already got most of the other weapon camos? Fine, show me where. If not then you're just hyperbolic for no reason.

So youre saying that global already got most of the other weapon camos? Fine, show me where. If not then you're just hyperbolic for no reason.

Talk about a low IQ post. Note how I said "just about everything." My points being everything you said about rico and the red weapon series being incorrect. The red weapon series was made by heathcliff, each one is signed with two letters from his name. Heathcliff was Rico's mentor, makes sense for her to have used or be depicted with them. We see it in figurines, multiple official depictions of her.

32a6e94f-d984-4034-beef-fbd4f1ed0d21-image.png ^Figurine from early 2000s 566198f9-d1b5-4e50-a0f8-0228877db6d4-image.png Psp2i

What I could find in 2 seconds during a challenge mode interval. I can dig through the pso1 artbooks later after CM. Do your research before make some claims like "the pso2 devs just slapped it on because it had red in the name"

There is also those bonus interactions if you have a Flowen Weapon or a Red weapon equipped to meet with Rico/Flowen in original PSO.

Maybe Xia will have a shop for them or something. Since easter xia isn't here even though it's easter, I'll assume pso anniversary xia will show up when fire swirl shows up in 2 weeks (it's on the UQ calender). If she'll have the red saber, no clue. 😛

Note how I said "just about everything."

Yes which implies that "almost anything" I said is wrong so let's take a look at my statements:

1.: "This and other camos are not available."

Seems to be a true statement right here.

2.: "Iirc you don't need the Red Saber to recreate how she was originaly depicted in PSO1 as the PSO2 team slaped the weapon onto her cause "similarities"."

Now if there is one obvious thing wrong with this one is that it wasn't the "PSO2 team" who made this connection but bringing up PSPo2i pictures still doesn't show that these weapons were part of her original depiction in PSO. But they retconned some characters later on down the line so them retroactively addingthem being her signature weapons to her character bio still contradicts things originally established about her character and the weapons themselves and in turn would be a strong indicator that they made these changes because the optics / theme seemed to fit.

So in conclusion, only half of it is actually wrong while the rest is "at worst" speculation which has yet to be rebutted.

3.: "The camos not being available is a shame."

Now this one is rather subjective so claiming that this is objectively "right / wrong" would be a stretch.

1 out of 3 (at most) is hardly "almost anything" and if you wanted this to make about "what I said about Rico" then that's how you should have phrased it so you're not the one to complain about "low IQ posts" here.

Do your research before make some claims like "the pso2 devs just slapped it on because it had red in the name"

Why should I? I nerver claimed that this was a definitfe fact as I already made it pretty clear that I was talking out of my memory and that some informations might be missing so one should obviously take it with a grain of salt. As I said if someone finds some fault with what I said he's free to present evidence to the contrary.

@Ryoga Sorry bud but you're just going to have to take the L here since you're so blatantly wrong. You're just embarrassed and trying hard to cope at this point. Nearly every official depiction of her wielding a weapon since PSO1 she's using red saber.

Rico were never assotiated with the Red weapons to begin with.

the PSO2 team just gave her the weapons cause "oh look people called her "Red Ring Rico" and there are also other weapons with "Red" in their name".

Even in the URAENDING hidden stuff in PSO1

62bc9dc3-0f35-43a6-af38-ad63f74390dc-image.png

Just take the L

@Laep What are you talking about? I said "iirc" and was asking for evidence to the contrary if that wasn't the case, there was no "winning" or "losing" for me here so what should I be "copeing" about? But sure, let's say you've "won" whatever you think you've won if that makes you happy.

@Ryoga Sorry bud but you're just going to have to take the L here since you're so blatantly wrong. You're just embarrassed and trying hard to cope at this point. Nearly every official depiction of her wielding a weapon since PSO1 she's using red saber.

Talk about a low IQ post.

...I wonder what you are trying to prove and to whom? Eh, i'm sure you'll have fun jumping down my throat for this post. I'll just ignore it.