Reasons to play a second character/ALT?

Greetings friends!

As someone that tries to exclusively play games on a single character, what is reason to play a secondary character?

The Class System allows you to play all classes and subclasses under one character - This is glorious btw. The only thing I can really see me wanting to is all the awesome accessories and costumes the game has that are sometimes gender/CAST restricted.

@SaintsXIV said in Reasons to play a second character/ALT?:

Greetings friends!

As someone that tries to exclusively play games on a single character, what is reason to play a secondary character?

The Class System allows you to play all classes and subclasses under one character - This is glorious btw. The only thing I can really see me wanting to is all the awesome accessories and costumes the game has that are sometimes gender/CAST restricted.

Depending on what you consider with 'playing'. You could make extra characters for their 'Character Storage' giving you an extra 300 storage space per character. While not playing even 1 second on those characters. Just for having them.

The JP version of the game offers 3 free character slots. If you are a 'F2P' player and are never going to consider buying AC. You character only allows for 1 mag, depending on if you are going to specifically raise that mag to a specific ATK type, Melee, Range or Tech. (Which you definitely should. Cause in general a DEX mag is only useful on 3 classes, which 1 of them isn't available yet. And an all-purpose mag is pretty useless.) But it also means you are only going to be at your full potential when you play with the classes that make use of that certain ATK type. You are better of creating 3 characters and specify them in each of the 3 different ATK types and raise their mags accordingly, rather than trying to play all Classes on that 1 character due the not complementary mag. Off course this is only true for F2P players, and they are depending on the NA version giving us 3 free character slots as well.

@ErinXh said in Reasons to play a second character/ALT?:

Greetings friends!

Depending on what you consider with 'playing'. You could make extra characters for their 'Character Storage' giving you an extra 300 storage space per character. While not playing even 1 second on those character. Just for having them.

The JP version of the game offers 3 free character slots. If you are a 'F2P' player and are never going to consider buying AC. You character only allows for 1 mag, depending on if you are going to specifically raise that mag to a certain ATK type, Melee, Range or Tech. (Which you definitely should. Cause in general a DEX mag is only useful on 4 classes, and 2 of them aren't available yet. And an all-purpose mag is pretty useless.) But it also means you are only going to be at your full potential when you play with the classes that make use of that certain ATK type. You are better of creating 3 characters and specify them in each of the 3 different ATK Types, rather than trying to play all Classes on that 1 character due the not complementary mag. This is only true for F2P players, and off course they are depending on if the NA version will give us 3 free character slots as well.

Sound advice! I actually already picked up the second and third mags for that reason 🙂

The extra storage seems like the biggest draw, and then I'll have a use for those other appearance items too! Thanks 🙂

Greetings friends!

Depending on what you consider with 'playing'. You could make extra characters for their 'Character Storage' giving you an extra 300 storage space per character. While not playing even 1 second on those character. Just for having them.

The JP version of the game offers 3 free character slots. If you are a 'F2P' player and are never going to consider buying AC. You character only allows for 1 mag, depending on if you are going to specifically raise that mag to a certain ATK type, Melee, Range or Tech. (Which you definitely should. Cause in general a DEX mag is only useful on 3 classes, and 1 of them isn't available yet. And an all-purpose mag is pretty useless.) But it also means you are only going to be at your full potential when you play with the classes that make use of that certain ATK type. You are better of creating 3 characters and specify them in each of the 3 different ATK Types, rather than trying to play all Classes on that 1 character due the not complementary mag. This is only true for F2P players, and off course they are depending on if the NA version will give us 3 free character slots as well.

Sound advice! I actually already picked up the second and third mags for that reason 🙂

The extra storage seems like the biggest draw, and then I'll have a use for those other appearance items too! Thanks 🙂

Oh I forgot to mention, the Weeklies! The more characters you have the more Weeklies you can do, meaning more Meseta. (BTW, you might wanna buy a 4th mag as well. You won't regret it.)

Oh I forgot to mention, the weeklies! The more characters you have the more Weeklies you can do, meaning more Meseta. (BTW, you might wanna buy a 4th mag as well. You won't regret it.)

What do you roll on a fourth mag?

Oh I forgot to mention, the weeklies! The more characters you have the more Weeklies you can do, meaning more Meseta. (BTW, you might wanna buy a 4th mag as well. You won't regret it.)

Make it a DEX Mag, Now you don't need it now. You can hold off to that buy until the Phantom Class arrives. I personally tend to play with all 3 weapons on this class and if you want to make full use of the class's potential a DEX mag is pretty much mandatory. But wait with buying that 4th mag, cause perhaps you're not going to like the Phantom class at all.

Make it a Dex Mag, Now you don't need it now, you can hold off to that buy until the Phantom Class arrives. I personally tend to play with all 3 weapons on this class and if you want to make full use of the class's potential a DEX mag is pretty much mandatory. But wait with buying that 4th mag, cause maybe you don't even going to like the Phantom class.

Ok! Forgot that RNG Support was one of them

This is all super helpful, and will be making some ALTs, if anything for the storage and weekly quest. Much thanks!