Failed To Kill Shiva On Divide Quest 35 v .v

So I was duoing Divide Quest 35 with my friend from Mabi and things were going pretty well but we only managed to S-Rank it and didn't finish her off in time.

I thought I would get my beloved J-Sword....now known as Sealed Nodachi in NA but NOPE! We have to actually kill her to get anything. v .v

If you're on Ship-02 and you wanna run (and maybe carry me) then you know where to find me! ;D

alt text

Uhhh, those weapons comes from Sodam, not Shiva

@HarmlessSyan said in Failed To Kill Shiva On Divide Quest 35 v .v:

Uhhh, those weapons comes from Sodam, not Shiva

Nah they changed it. It comes from Shiva in 35 now.

Are you.. using Rappy Shine as your rear unit? You might want to change that to accommodate some stat boosts rather than an HP boost.

added/edited: If you are doing Divide on high steps you want to prioritize maxing your DPS.

@Eye-ce said in Failed To Kill Shiva On Divide Quest 35 v .v:

Are you.. using Rappy Shine as your rear unit? You might want to change that to accommodate some stat boosts rather than an HP boost.

added/edited: If you are doing Divide on high steps you want to prioritize maxing your DPS.

Nah I'm not. Much of Hero's DPS comes from counterattacks and Hero Time spam and to charge the meter really fast I need to switch weapons using the skill.

You could say I was handicapped since I only use sword with hero and I didn't run up to Shiva and started spamming those counterattacks right away. I am actually quite confident we could have beat her if we went all out from the start but we were playing it safe but as you already know, hero is all about that risk. My partner plays as Luster so she has to be more cautious.

I have a friend who plays maybe 10% as much as most people do, barely affixes, and isn't caught up in Gear on Etoile.

They successfully killed Shiva on step 35 solo.

The only thing to really say is to just get better.

@Zarozian said in Failed To Kill Shiva On Divide Quest 35 v .v:

Nah I'm not. Much of Hero's DPS comes from counterattacks and Hero Time spam and to charge the meter really fast I need to switch weapons using the skill.

You could say I was handicapped since I only use sword with hero and I didn't run up to Shiva and started spamming those counterattacks right away. I am actually quite confident we could have beat her if we went all out from the start but we were playing it safe but as you already know, hero is all about that risk. My partner plays as Luster so she has to be more cautious.

Oh, then I assume you're using Hero Valor ring instead of crit strike hence the yellow glow. I play Luster and just get belligerent against Shiva due to the absurd DPS Luster can put out.

@SuccubusAlice said in Failed To Kill Shiva On Divide Quest 35 v .v:

I have a friend who plays maybe 10% as much as most people do, barely affixes, and isn't caught up in Gear on Etoile.

Nah it's actually easier to beat her solo cause you get stronger buffs if it's just you. However, it's really boring and slow if it's just you by yourself.

Oh, then I assume you're using Hero Valor ring instead of crit strike hence the yellow glow. I play Luster and just get belligerent against Shiva due to the absurd DPS Luster can put out.

alt text You guessed right. I wanted to go Luster but the play style felt so strange and awkward for me. Here's what my actual gear is.

@SuccubusAlice said in Failed To Kill Shiva On Divide Quest 35 v .v:

Nah it's actually easier to beat her solo cause you get stronger buffs if it's just you. However, it's really boring and slow if it's just you by yourself.

alt text You guessed right. I wanted to go Luster but the play style felt so strange and awkward for me. Here's what my actual gear is.

Is this your main? why is your pp below 200?

no small pp shame pls

If you have under 200PP, you're not allowed to talk.

Hero's damage comes mainly from counterattacks. Plus PP recharges really fast for Hero from just using Hero Bolt. It's not like other classes where PP is important. = 3=

I know how Hero plays, I just find it funny that you of all people have stock affixes on novel units.

@Fross said in Failed To Kill Shiva On Divide Quest 35 v .v:

I know how Hero plays, I just find it funny that you of all people have stock affixes on novel units.

Well I already played in JP PSO2 and now that they announced NGS, it doesn't make sense for me to go all out again only to have it be in vain once NGS arrives. Does that make sense to you? o 3o

You could say I am saving my "MAXIMUM EFFORT!" for when NGS arrives.

You don't have to go super heavy on affixing, doing some cost effective shit is fine over stock.