Elephant in the Room

I am simply going to come out and say it, since it is very obvious. There is a specific alliance that has been harbouring RMT meseta sellers that are spamming our ships and blocks with their against-the-rules antics. I have reported that alliance, and I encourage others to do so as well. According to the rules, I cannot name that alliance here, but it isn't hard to see which one is responsible.

They ban people like that quite a bit, but they always come back with more accounts.

RMT war has been going on in live service games for well over a decade now. It really does suck, but until the market stops it'll never go away. You'd have to convince every RMT buyer to stop.

That is why I have asked Sega to disband the alliance that is harbouring them. It is not a perfect solution, but it ought to keep a good contingent of them from having a safe harbour.

@Zeke said in Elephant in the Room:

They ban people like that quite a bit, but they always come back with more accounts.

RMT war has been going on in live service games for well over a decade now. It really does suck, but until the market stops it'll never go away. You'd have to convince every RMT buyer to stop.

Like always, they will only do something if it hurts their profit or gets too much publicity. "Bots are in every game and you can't do anything about it" is only true in the sense that us players can't do anything about it. The developers could if they simply stopped wilfully ignoring it. As the years pass by, the answer is that they won't. There is no war since nobody is fighting.

Soon enough, people will come here to tell you the same old trite about "how does it hurt your gameplay?" Look forward to it.

@Yggranya said in Elephant in the Room:

Like always, they will only do something if it hurts their profit or gets too much publicity. "Bots are in every game and you can't do anything about it" is only true in the sense that us players can't do anything about it. The developers could if they simply stopped wilfully ignoring it. As the years pass by, the answer is that they won't. There is no war since nobody is fighting.

Soon enough, people will come here to tell you the same old trite about "how does it hurt your gameplay?" Look forward to it.

WoW and ESO remedied it by allowing RMT. Tokens for WoW and ESO devs straight up said you can sell the currency.

Because of the gacha element in the tickets here you can't get for sure items. If they allowed AC to be sold between players then that might help remedy the system.

@Yggranya said in Elephant in the Room:

WoW and ESO remedied it by allowing RMT. Tokens for WoW and ESO devs straight up said you can sell the currency.

Because of the gacha element in the tickets here you can't get for sure items. If they allowed AC to be sold between players then that might help remedy the system.

They could remedy the RMT sellers by ditching the gacha system entirely and introducing catalogues to purchase items from. I mean sure they'd lose money from exploiting addictive personalities and such, but it'd be less than they (bean counters) would think, not to mention saving resources spent combatting RMT bots and inevitable losses of money from chargebacks from stolen credit cards. They're already getting rid of trading too, so they could remove the ability to list AC items on the market and instead allow people to gift items at the point of purchase. This wouldn't end RMT altogether, but it would make it much easier to track and shutdown.

Also y'know, would be more ethical as well to not have people gamble for cosmetics.