Is NGS coming any time soon?

@Fiona-Respha said in Is NGS coming any time soon?:

The statement of "spring" appeared in the quarterly financial result presentation of Sega Sammy Holdings held on 11/06/2020. An English PDF summary of this presentation is available in English.

https://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/pdf/release/202103_2q_presentation_20201106_e.pdf

Yet the "spring" part was just a spoken comment, we need to check out Japanese language video presentation for this.

https://irpresentation.net/ir/6460/21Q2/index.html (probably you'll need a PC to watch this presentation)

The remark appeared in a part which is shown on page 35 of the English PDF. From 24:47 to 25:33, he talks about PSO2. And from 25:13, he mentions about NGS (which is not shown on the slides). Then follows the important point, at 25:28, he said "この春に予定して" (planned for this spring).

So at least the "2021 spring" comment is a fact. But as far as I know, no one found any other official comment from SEGA about "when in 2021". So maybe this Satomi COO's comment is something they want to forget about.

Well if those funding it want it in spring they saying we're getting it in that time frame isn't out of the blue. Japan normally isn't one for pushing their dates back and that is ESSPECIALLY true with Sega. I swear even when a game is clearly unfinished they still release it.

@Zeke When it comes to the PSO2 series, if it needs a delay, they will delay it. PSO2 was originally planned for late 2011, but it ended being released in July 2012.

Though NGS is still very likely to be released during spring, or if not the release, at least the open beta is likely to happen during spring.

I’ve participated in a lot of closed betas but man I’d be the most excited for this one! I hope we all get in, even though that isn’t likely. The most fun I’ve had in games has honestly been in betas, nothing is set in stone yet and it feels like you can do anything.

@Milk said in Is NGS coming any time soon?:

I’ve participated in a lot of closed betas but man I’d be the most excited for this one! I hope we all get in, even though that isn’t likely. The most fun I’ve had in games has honestly been in betas, nothing is set in stone yet and it feels like you can do anything.

Now I am NOT CONFIRMED THIS TO BE TRUE OR NOT.

With jp PSO2 the beta's were always invite-only. They did that with NGS too. Microsoft made THEIR closed beta available for all on Xbox. There might be a chance of that happening again for Xbox users only to help sell their consoles.

Once again ALL SPECULATION! I am not confirming this to be true.

@Zeke said in Is NGS coming any time soon?:

With PSO2 the beta's were always invite-only. They did that with NGS too. Microsoft made THEIR closed beta available for all on Xbox. There might be a chance of that happening again for Xbox users only to help sell their content soles.

Oh that would suck, the only console I own is Switch, never been a big console player. I hope we don’t get left out. 😞

@Zeke said in Is NGS coming any time soon?:

With PSO2 the beta's were always invite-only. They did that with NGS too. Microsoft made THEIR closed beta available for all on Xbox. There might be a chance of that happening again for Xbox users only to help sell their content soles.

Oh that would suck, the only console I own is Switch, never been a big console player. I hope we don’t get left out. 😞

Well they did it with NA pso2(now global) which annoyed a lot of people. The closed beta items that never came back were the Photon rings. I think that is what annoyed people the most.

alt text

Might be closer than we think. Rumor on pso2 JP that this will be the last scratch for pso2 since it's the first permanent one. Haven't heard any plans for future pso2 scratches either. Sounds like it will be NGS only.

@Zeke pretty sure there was no new PSO2 AC scratch since the Yakuza collab in January, all AC scratch that are for PSO2 have been revivals.

Yes, these are going to be permanent scratches, M and F collection, and then M cast and F cast collection gold scratches, make-up collection scratch etc - all going to be permanent. They contain alot of original PSO2 stuff, no collaborations. Most likely collaborations are going to take turns getting revivals as Aria of the Scarlet Ammo is getting revival soon and also PSO2es stuff.