Is NGS coming any time soon?

Just asking, since I got both my main classes to level 100 (Hu/Et) I was left with nothing to do (I won't do the grind for Klauz as it won't go to NGS anyway), also I tried to level different classes but it felt so empty and unpleasant so I gave up. In short I don't have anymore reason to play until NGS, so how is the countdown, will we be able to play before this years end?

Nobody knows.

If character progression is the only thing you like PSO2 for, there is nothing left for you to do if you're not interested in minmaxing, so just go play other games or something.

The game has just started for you, you could get into working on gear (what if a klauz drops for you, then would you klauz?). You could work on weapons specifically for ngs as well if thats what mainly interests you. More new stuff hitting tomorrow too. Oh also do you have all classes to 75 for the stat bonuses?

@NotTriEdge said in Is NGS coming any time soon?:

Just asking, since I got both my main classes to level 100 (Hu/Et) I was left with nothing to do (I won't do the grind for Klauz as it won't go to NGS anyway), also I tried to level different classes but it felt so empty and unpleasant so I gave up. In short I don't have anymore reason to play until NGS, so how is the countdown, will we be able to play before this years end?

Klauz gear does transfer to NGS, just saying.

all gear will transfer to NGS so you can get your Klauz weapon and units and use then in NGS

@Jamesmor said in Is NGS coming any time soon?:

all gear will transfer to NGS so you can get your Klauz weapon and units and use then in NGS

Doesn't really mean much as they screwed up their one shot to make this have an actual impact by scaling things down and throwing it into early game instead of staying true to their initial announcement by keeping things unusable until the players meet the requirements for the gear later on down the line.

@Ryoga The only issue with the previous idea of making players wait til they're at an appropriate level to use their old gear is how it might possibly invalidate newer gear. If you start NGS with something good that you can't use til later, why bother with anything else until then?

Overall this is a healthier move for NGS as old gear isn't invalid, but by design you will eventually be encouraged to move forward and acquire new gear available in NGS, as it would only make sense to do.

It will either be early or late spring. Sega seems set on the spring date.

@ThirdChild-ZKI said in Is NGS coming any time soon?:

If you start NGS with something good that you can't use til later, why bother with anything else until then?

That issue exists regardless of whether or not you already got some gear waiting in your storage. Why go all out with your gear unless it's the "end of the line"? It's in the nature of vertical gear progression but the questions you have to ask yourself here are: "Do you want to play the game?" and "Do you want every enemy encounter to take several times longer than necessary?". If the first is a "yes" and the second is a "no" for you then you got your answer right there.

@ThirdChild-ZKI said in Is NGS coming any time soon?:

old gear isn't invalid

Except it pretty much is, them turning it into "throwaway" (within the context of NGS) early game gear means that there is no point for a new player to go through the hassle just to get base PSO2 endgame gear for NGS.

Klauz weapons are already dead in the water anyway because you can't multiweapon with them which is a very important mechanic for NGS. Also pretty sure that NGS weapons are just stronger too.

8 slot Klauz "god units" are also weaker than 4 slot NGS units in terms of pure power, although the minimum damage variance is higher on the 8s unit which probably pushes it ahead, but NGS units have FAR more defensive ability than Klauz units as well.

Furthermore, anything could change from the CBTs to release. They already changed how HP and PP affixes work when transferred over, they could change anything, so until there's actual concrete info about release, you really shouldn't be "prepping gear for NGS".

Preparing gear for NGS is going to lead to a lot of disappointment most likely, especially since that gear is locked until a higher level, in which case you'll probably find better stuff. You're much better off making PSO2 gear for PSO2.

@Matt said in Is NGS coming any time soon?:

Klauz weapons are already dead in the water anyway because you can't multiweapon with them which is a very important mechanic for NGS. Also pretty sure that NGS weapons are just stronger too.

8 slot Klauz "god units" are also weaker than 4 slot NGS units in terms of pure power, although the minimum damage variance is higher on the 8s unit which probably pushes it ahead, but NGS units have FAR more defensive ability than Klauz units as well.

Furthermore, anything could change from the CBTs to release. They already changed how HP and PP affixes work when transferred over, they could change anything, so until there's actual concrete info about release, you really shouldn't be "prepping gear for NGS".

Preparing gear for NGS is going to lead to a lot of disappointment most likely, especially since that gear is locked until a higher level, in which case you'll probably find better stuff. You're much better off making PSO2 gear for PSO2.

The people who beta tested said those weapons will likely be used for the leveling aspect of the game. Heck I'm for it cause that will save tons of time while leveling. Not needing to replace gear every few levels.

Yeah don't build PSO2 weapons with NGS in mind.

PSO2 Klauz 4* +35

NGS 3* +0 (4* Not in the Beta)

@Vashzaron said in Is NGS coming any time soon?:

PSO2 Klauz 4* +35

Remember that 4's are the top according to NGS info they've given us. We'll likely sport them for awhile.

Still the bonus affixes and S abilities are still on the weapons. That alone would make it better than a base weapon. Once we hit 70 I'm sure we'll see tons of stuff better than what we got in PSO2 stat wise.

@Zeke said in Is NGS coming any time soon?:

PSO2 Klauz 4* +35

Remember that 4's are the top according to NGS info they've given us. We'll likely sport them for awhile.

Still the bonus affixes and S abilities are still on the weapons. That alone would make it better than a base weapon. Once we hit 70 I'm sure we'll see tons of stuff better than what we got in PSO2 stat wise.

He's showing you a +0 3* weapon with no augments which has 3 more attack than a fully upgraded Klauz. Upgrade the NGS weapon and put on NGS augments and it will blow Klauz out the water, especially since NGS augments are also much better than legacy ones.

The levelling thing is wrong too -- you need level 15 to equip the Klauz weapons, and that 3* sword requires level 8, lol.

PSO2 Klauz 4* +35

I expected the base PSO2 weapons to be "useless in comparison" but not that useless. lol

At this point why did they even bother to make this "gear transfer system"? They should have just turned the old weapons into camos when bringing them into NGS (and do the same thing but vice versa for NGS weapons -> base PSO2), at least this way we would have gotten something out of it.