Will NGS have boot class return?

@Rida said in Will NGS have boot class return?:

So what? This means nothing.

2.2%

@ZENCHI-REBORN said in Will NGS have boot class return?:

and the candy system a living nightmare worse than the affix system.

Now this is highly disagreeable. Sweets aren't subject to initially confusing limitations (like only being able to transfer a sweet if the sweets box it comes from has more slots than the sweets box it's going to), you don't need to combine multiple of the same sweets to transfer them with a 10%/30%/60% chance depending on how many you combine, you don't need to combine different sweets together to make a new one in a converging multi-step route that's only ever documented on third-party sites, and adding sweets cannot fail in the first place.

Sweets have more in common with S-Grade Augments, or with what we know so far of augment capsules in New Genesis. The only reason they're bad on Global is that we continue to have a hilarious lack of sources for several staple sweets which are either orders of magnitude more rare than they were ever meant to be or still don't even exist on Global yet. Which isn't the fault of the system, just the folks at Sega who forgot to include Summoners in Global's content release plan.

Topic said in Will NGS have boot class return?:

Will NGS have boot class return?

Boy do I hope so. I've had a couple productive conversations about this in YouTube comments of all places in the last week.

Bouncer is in a really strange place as of the end of PSO2's content updates. From Episode 5 onwards other classes have incrementally taken everything away from it that it used to hold unique. Melee classes that can use techniques, pumping critical hit rates, double jumping, you name it. Over the last 3½ years on JP Bouncer got practically nothing in return for letting everyone play with its favourite toys. It even lost its safety nets since the faster pace demanded it switch to Phantom sub.

Which is a problem in and of itself for PSO2 class balance and explains why Bouncer popularity on JP has fallen to become comparable to the infamously-disliked Summoner. But then you consider New Genesis is basically built around what used to be an exclusively Bouncer playstyle. Dashy movement? Check. A lot more verticality? Check. Weapons that do two different attack types? Check. Just dumping Bouncer as-is into New Genesis simply wouldn't work because it has nothing to offer. Even the crowd-control aspects of soaring blades are pretty universal now; have you seen the giant bendy sword slashes Hunter does?

I think there are archetypical roles that haven't been filled yet in NGS (in particular buffer and debuffer), and that Bouncer / jet boots could be adapted to fill them. I'd really like to see that some day. But for now the more pertinent question is whether they'll be present on NGS launch, and that seems like an almost certain no. Which is fine too, it'll take a bit of time to get used to all the changes brought to the core six classes after all.

@ZENCHI-REBORN Continues to mean nothing, could be more specific lol

@Velveteer said in Will NGS have boot class return?:

@Milk flying and break dancing!! clowning on bosses and mobs with your sick dance moves, i love it haha.

also i didn't know there was a stealth camo for jet boots, i resorted the rainbow skates every time lol.

Yeah it’s amazing! I’m just trash at the class but it was enjoyable to watch.

You can buy a universal weapon camo for stealthing your weapon with mission badges, I believe 100 of them. Players sell them too. Lucky! I wanted the rainbow skates but couldn’t justify cute camo on a class I couldn’t master.

Considering you can bring weapons over already, and stuff like certain weapon camos not being available at all in NGS if the weapons were not to exist, it seems more likely than not that most, if not all weapons will exist in some form in NGS. Whether they will be in the same class or not, who knows though. I wouldn't be surprised if they move some weapons around (and possibly completely change how they work) or simply rename classes for certain weapon types though.

@ZENCHI-REBORN said in Will NGS have boot class return?:

@Rida said in Will NGS have boot class return?:

So what? This means nothing.

2.2%

Breaking news: Local man obsessed with like 5 people in CM hates that other people like a class he doesn't play.

Y'all got me realising now that if jet boots make it into New Genesis we'll be able to make a dual weapon to combine them with knuckles. Which would probably be hilariously impractical depending on the potentially reworked role of boots, but at long last we'd be able to seamlessly punch and kick enemies!

Come to think of it Sega has a bit of a history with jet boots, even with the Sonic series. Obviously there's Shadow's, but even before then they were a favourite power-up in the Game Gear games. Sonic got to use some in both Chaos and Triple Trouble:

61c8753e-2878-4329-a02a-6f0b96608860-image.png

Though perhaps the most amusing one is from Tails Adventure. The item in question is a vehicle upgrade and not jet boots at all, but thanks to an unnecessary mis-spelling (item names could be up to 8 letters) it sure seems that way at first:

62f4f5bd-ad12-437b-9770-c92d78160e1f-image.png