Will Matoi and Quna be returning for New Genesis?

@Zarozian Quna wasn't even introduced until the very end of episode 1 originally, all the cutscenes that we get with Quna throughout episode 1 were originally added retroactively after the release of the Elder ressurection chapter.

The Matoi Quna original roles thing I heard before, most recently from here. Not sure what the sources are or if they are just rumors.

I'm hoping Zig comes back hehe but that's just me.

@Vashzaron said in Will Matoi and Quna be returning for New Genesis?:

The Matoi Quna original roles thing I heard before, most recently from here. Not sure what the sources are or if they are just rumors.

Reddit thread by leonkh, @Leonkh99 are you the culprit! Where you getting your sources.

But as mentioned in the reddit thread and swiki https://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?登場NPC%2Fクーナ , Quna wasn't added until PSVita release and until EP1-9

Oh and you posted this before

@Vashzaron said in The "Persona" angle is crap... (Spoilers):

Who knows what the original intent was really with Persona, it might've even been Zeno initially because we know such things as originally Matoi was supposed to be a paraplegic side character (explains why all you do is visit her at the medical center in EP1)

alt text

The JP caption says this is the first draft of the heroine, and the hair color one I posted says it's 2nd draft of the heroine, hardly a side character I would say.

I think the introduction time doesn't matter too much when by EP1 point you couldn't clearly label anyone as "Main Heroine"

Either way commenting on the original topic it self, I highly suspect popular characters will come back the question is if they will be actual integral to the main story or cameos like how Ethan shows up in PSO2.

Edit: To comment on your edit, she certainty felt like a side character besides the mysterious part of her in EP1 due to doing nothing but getting scenes of visits at the medical area. If she is labeled as heroine at that point so be it but is that the original notes or added for the Artbook? (I can't read Japanese.)

@Vashzaron while the artbook should be the one at the end of EP3, but the handwritten notes/concept art itself seems to be dated 2010

@Jamesmor said in Will Matoi and Quna be returning for New Genesis?:

@Laep Idola happens in a alternate universe and she is not the only one there, even Io is in Idola now so don't what happens there to the main line of the series.

Nothing has really been said about when/where Idola happens relative to PSO2 aside from that ARKS visited and colonized that setting about a millennium before the events of the game. It could be directly relevant to NGS, or it could be nearly-irrelevant (like PS Nova is to PSO2)--it depends on where SEGA wants to go with it.

Either way, in regards to the original question... hard to say at this point. NGS' plot incorporating the setting of Vandor in the future isn't impossible (especially since that planet is already dealing with a lot of Falspawn stuff), but on the other hand, Idola could just get the PS Nova treatment of existing and being canon, but never being referenced in NGS' plot. Outside that, SEGA could always bring back Matoi and Quna through other means, but that's a realm of theorizing that I'm not prepared for with the info we have lol.

@NackDN said in Will Matoi and Quna be returning for New Genesis?:

@Jamesmor said in Will Matoi and Quna be returning for New Genesis?:

@Laep Idola happens in a alternate universe and she is not the only one there, even Io is in Idola now so don't what happens there to the main line of the series.

Nothing has really been said about when/where Idola happens relative to PSO2 aside from that ARKS visited and colonized that setting about a millennium before the events of the game. It could be directly relevant to NGS, or it could be nearly-irrelevant (like PS Nova is to PSO2)--it depends on where SEGA wants to go with it.

Either way, in regards to the original question... hard to say at this point. NGS' plot incorporating the setting of Vandor in the future isn't impossible (especially since that planet is already dealing with a lot of Falspawn stuff), but on the other hand, Idola could just get the PS Nova treatment of existing and being canon, but never being referenced in NGS' plot. Outside that, SEGA could always bring back Matoi and Quna through other means, but that's a realm of theorizing that I'm not prepared for with the info we have lol.

They must incorporate it. Idola's universe is so fleshed out. The characters there are so interesting. The Endeavor song is literally the best song in the Phantasy Star Series right now. it would be foolish not to put it to good use! ;<

Just imagine everyone coming together to form an Idola to fight the DOLLs and other Idolas! >;D

I hope not. The only character I would want to return, that could have returned but sadly was not brought back to life by the Dues Ex Machina, is Luther. Best boi, best character.

If everyone is immortal, why does the "end" of the universe matter? Although i'm sure at least one of them can/will come back from yet another "time distortion" for an event or something

Dudu is immortal

@Zarozian said in Will Matoi and Quna be returning for New Genesis?:

They must incorporate it. Idola's universe is so fleshed out. The characters there are so interesting. The Endeavor song is literally the best song in the Phantasy Star Series right now. it would be foolish not to put it to good use! ;<

Just imagine everyone coming together to form an Idola to fight the DOLLs and other Idolas! >;D

PSO2es and Phantasy Star Nova stories were never incorporated into the main PSO2 story, despite taking part in the same universe.

It's better for the NGS and Idola stories to be separate like the previous spin-offs, players shouldn't have to play a mobile spin-off to get the full main story, we don't need to turn PSO2 into Kingdom Hearts. 😆

@Ezodagrom said in Will Matoi and Quna be returning for New Genesis?:

@Zarozian said in Will Matoi and Quna be returning for New Genesis?:

PSO2es and Phantasy Star Nova stories were never incorporated into the main PSO2 story, despite taking part in the same universe.

It's better for the NGS and Idola stories to be separate like the previous spin-offs, players shouldn't have to play a mobile spin-off to get the full main story, we don't need to turn PSO2 into Kingdom Hearts. 😆

Remember Phantasy Star Zero? ;<

@Zarozian Yeah, what about it?

I mean some of the characters could be in cryo-sleep until NGS, which I would assume would be the case for your character.