Will Matoi and Quna be returning for New Genesis?

Matoi and Quna were my favorite characters. But will they be back for New Genesis?

As characters? Unlikely. As references? It’s very probable.

So Matoi appears in that Idola Phantasy Star game which also takes place 1000 years later from PSO2, but who knows if sega considers that really canon and what that says for NGS. It'd be neat to see them again but if we do I hope they're not too story critical, I'm ready for new characters across the board (except for Xiera, shes my favorite).

While I like all of Quna's songs, I'd like to see a new idol/singer for the concerts in NGS.

@Laep Idola happens in a alternate universe and she is not the only one there, even Io is in Idola now so don't what happens there to the main line of the series.

I hope so, I love Quna so much!

@Laep In Idola, the Star Gate can pull people through time, so the PSO2 characters that show up are just being pulled from the past rather than being native to that time.

@Jamesmor Yeah I didn't think it's canon or relevant to like main PSO2 universe, I just thought to mention it since its all I know about Idola. I'm honestly hoping we just get a totally new cast (besides Xiera)

if they make a return i hope they come out as lgbtq2sa+ we need more representation

@Laep said in Will Matoi and Quna be returning for New Genesis?:

So Matoi appears in that Idola Phantasy Star game which also takes place 1000 years later from PSO2, but who knows if sega considers that really canon and what that says for NGS. It'd be neat to see them again but if we do I hope they're not too story critical, I'm ready for new characters across the board (except for Xiera, shes my favorite).

While I like all of Quna's songs, I'd like to see a new idol/singer for the concerts in NGS.

You are spoiling something very crucial here lmao....I don't think you are allowed to talk about this. You're gonna be in big trouble mister.

@Fentanyl-Floyd said in Will Matoi and Quna be returning for New Genesis?:

if they make a return i hope they come out as lgbtq2sa+ we need more representation

What’s the 2 and S? I’m not familiar with those ones, I know the A though.

@Milk It means two-spirit sweetie

@Laep said in Will Matoi and Quna be returning for New Genesis?:

@Milk It means two-spirit sweetie

Oh I’ve never heard of that before, thank you!

All we know is that there will be new and improved concerts. Since the game takes place 1000 years in the future its VERY doubtful that they'll be back.

Yes, there's an art of her on a wheelchair for some reason. Why not just go cast?

d17f044c-5c9d-464e-891f-c902294b2475-image.png

@ZENCHI-REBORN said in Will Matoi and Quna be returning for New Genesis?:

Yes, there's an art of her on a wheelchair for some reason. Why not just go cast?

d17f044c-5c9d-464e-891f-c902294b2475-image.png

Allow me to explain.

Originally Matoi was not intended to be the main girl. She was going to be the true antagonist of the series being a crippled and bitter girl who hated the universe and always tied to the hospital being always ill. The main character would visit her daily to check up on her and as her health deteriorated so too did she begin to spiral into becoming the Profound Darkness.

Originally it was Quna who was meant to be the main female protagonist and not Matoi.