Profound Garbage UH

Profound Darkness on UH gives complete trash items (they were literally all under 11* with over 400 rarity) yet is the most annoying of them all even more so than the newest UQ. AT least remove your trash toy boss prefight.

The game does have a tendency to throw some garbage at you, at the very least every 10-12* weapon drop in UH (and every 10-11* weapon drop in XH) should be turned into an EX-Cube. Also 6* and below weapon / armor rewards from emergency codes in SH and above should be removed.

@Ki-Rin Oh, the most efficient UQ for ex-cube farm

Why even bother? Is it just there to max your fun points for rezzing?

is PSO2 the first MMORPG you had ever played? trash drop always existed in RPGs even in bosses so this is not something new, also the trash drops from Profound Darkness have Origin Glare that is a pretty strong augment and is required to make Guardian Soul

then why is it much harder than the new UQ? for what purpose?

Drops are always meh and the runs are rarely smooth. So many people die in first phase, 40 minute runs are my average right now.

Personally, I don't mind all those other items so much, Honestly it does come in handy, trade for ex-cubes and even photon spheres. in some cases you can even dismantle them for much needed Plamdest Modules. That aside though - I have to agree on some level - Even at the most highest of diffculties, run after run after run in what seems hundreds of times having a very dissatifying drop rate that does not justify the effort you put into it and even more so when you are just victimized in in endless insta-kills only to be rewarded with some in many cases "Trash items", I get it- There has to be some level of being challenged and to be able to see it thru, BUT

At the end of it all, when it seems like SEGA themselves is just giving you the Middle finger at the end and laughing at you outright, Tell me, how is THIS supposed to motivate me with what they are doing?

@Milk said in Profound Garbage UH:

Drops are always meh and the runs are rarely smooth.

But that doesn't excuse some of the garbage the game is throwing at the player, there is no reason why an emergency code on UH should vomit a "Vita Partisan" into your inventory. At least some other MMOs realized how bad of a game design choice that is and addressed it accordingly.

So many people die in first phase, 40 minute runs are my average right now.

40 min as an average clear time for UH PD? That's hard to believe, I remember joining in on a late PuG at XX:29. At XX:30 we were 6/12, 3 left immediately and one dies halfway through and we still cleared it in about 40 min.

@Ryoga said in Profound Garbage UH:

Drops are always meh and the runs are rarely smooth.

But that doesn't excuse some of the garbage the game is throwing at the player, there is no reason why an emergency code on UH should vomit a "Vita Partisan" into your inventory. At least some other MMOs realized how bad of a game design choice that is and addressed it accordingly.

So many people die in first phase, 40 minute runs are my average right now.

40 min as an average clear time for UH PD? That's hard to believe, I remember joining in on a late PuG at XX:29. We were 6/12, 3 left immediately and dies halfway through and we still cleared it in about 40 min.

Those garbage weapons are such a pain because I accidentally pick them up with my Deos. I just want grinder and ex cubes, Vita is useless.

That’s my luck. Can’t burn down a boss when only three people are ever alive. They die to literally attacking the eyeball and getting hit by it in first phase. They die to the ground being smashed. They die because they don’t stand behind ice. Heck they die because they stand in the white death spray in the last phase. At any given time, the majority of the party was dead. I saw someone get killed by a freaking flick of the hand. I can only assume their units are severely outdated. I’ve only gotten one quick run, the rest have been 40m.

And for freaking old Profound Darkness UH, 10/12 players died to the clown cars in phase one last night! What the hell is with my luck lately?

Just don't run it then, spend your time in divide or battleship infiltration instead if you care about drops.

UH PD only added, Invade, Nemesis, Raven/Slave, Ares, Novel weapons and 13* Ofze units and it is added to the pool in addition to all the lower difficulty pool. Only good item really to farm from this is skydance support/boon from the 13* leg unit but drop rate is bad. But it typically dies under 10 mins these days for me, pretty short work for a little bit of excube/meseta exchange.

Hope global get better at primordial darkness cause holy shit the enhanced version going to force fail you at 2 deaths, and it's 22min 22sec time limit dps check.

@HarmlessSyan You can thank GM JJ dragon for that, seems all he wants to do is make things near to impossible.

@Sakesubaki that the guy from Arks Hour? Why blame him, global is just getting what the JP server got.

@HarmlessSyan

Ye I won't be playing that enhanced version. Was pretty stressful just to try and get decent enough people for the run back on Esca and the black felwrym. I'm glad people who care to push their skills to the limit are getting this. But that's not for me for this game. I don't particularly like death limiters as a form of "challenge" personally.

SEGA is definitely a bit slow to update content sometimes, but UH PD was still technically relevant even till now, because it does drop a lot of excube fodders compared to other quests, and it does have a chance at Novels/Rivalate Keys no matter how small it is.

And I mean, it is content for people to play. Rather them not remove anything honestly if it can be helped.