NGS should have less of the "One KO death" moments

I have been replaying the Primordial darkness many times now (Mostly to get a lucky chance to obtain Klauz units).

One things that keep infuriationg about it are the one hit death moments that happen everytime.

I simply wish NGS would not make some of the bosses doing one OHKO attacks that always require you to do perfect guards/dodges to avoid which is a terrible enemy boss design IMO.

is not terrible boss design is that we don't have any incentive to invest in defense, it is possible to face tank the hits from the boss if you have enough hp and and defense but like I said we have no incentive to invest heavily in those stats and for what I had seen from the people who played the 2 CBs is more of the same if your defense is low the enemies will take a huge chunk of your hp in 1 attack but considering that resources are in site and affixing is much simpler I bet there will be people that will invest in defense.

@Jamesmor Can you survive Luthers room wide thousand sword murder stab with enough defence? I doubt it.

You can sort of survive Luther’s stabby timestop as Etoile on UH but I wouldn’t count on something like that in NGS. Best way is to just not get hit by timing the moves, pretty common strategy in most mmo’s.

Part of my play-style is reading boss attacks and finding weaknesses in them were I can dodge it, or there is a safe zone to use. I also still use any possible gimmicks to avoid a massive hit from a boss too, a lot of people don't understand my strategic play-style and say I'm doing things wrong, but when I learn the patterns I end up doing crazy amounts of damage while dodging incoming attacks. (Note I run a Ranger/Etoile with out Damage Bouncer and I can handle a lot of UQs, and I have my Ranger/Hunter for certain ones where I need specific skills)

@HarmlessSyan Yeah, I hate that laser so much, It occurs very randomly and there is no way to dodge if you found yourself in the sights. In ultrahard it oneshots everything with almost 6000 damage.

The reason why a lot of bosses in PSO2 get that much damage is because players power creeped the content in terms of damage and defenses. There's a reason why in NGS you can see us doing drastically less damage. Hopefully we can avoid the power creep here too.

I'd more so blame the 500IQ decision to let lifesteal function how it does for high damage hits from bosses. Look at how the class who can't do that, Etoile, is allowed to take so much damage.

@Vashzaron said in NGS should have less of the "One KO death" moments:

I'd more so blame the 500IQ decision to let lifesteal function how it does for high damage hits from bosses. Look at how the class who can't do that, Etoile, is allowed to take so much damage.

"lifesteal" (which is a bit of a misleading term as PSO2 unlike PSO doesn't have an actual lifesteal effect, we just have "HP recovery on hit") is not the issue here, Damage Bouncer is. It should have been "damage taken -70% and heal effectiveness from everythign but X -70%".

@Knight-Raime said in NGS should have less of the "One KO death" moments:

The reason why a lot of bosses in PSO2 get that much damage is because players power creeped the content in terms of damage and defenses.

The way the game is designed and power creep aren't the players fault. That is entirely on the developers.

@Yggranya said in NGS should have less of the "One KO death" moments:

@Knight-Raime said in NGS should have less of the "One KO death" moments:

The reason why a lot of bosses in PSO2 get that much damage is because players power creeped the content in terms of damage and defenses.

The way the game is designed and power creep aren't the players fault. That is entirely on the developers.

Yeah I didn't blame them. I merely stated as players we power creped.

@Knight-Raime That's what gear treadmill does in games that have it, as i'm sure you know.

@Yggranya

I mean yes to an extent. Gear based games gradually make the player stronger. If they didn't you'd end up with a plethora of games as examples where gear ends up being meaningless.

Pso2's issue imo was the spikey nature of power gains. But I'm with the global crowd so maybe it was a more gradual increase for JP.

Still, I hope ngs continues to be their attempt at righting wrongs from pso2 and we don't end up having situations in end game when one shotting is a regular occurrence.

@Knight-Raime When your gear trivializes the encounter, the game mechanics are meaningless, which is just dull. I don't see how not having that and making all fight with the same system and limits is supposed to be a bad thing, since higher rarity equipment only increases you numbers = enemies need higher numbers.

Eventually it'll be more of the same since it's easier to make it like that, as far as we know, considering how the same mistake gets made over and over. So, difficulty = one-shots, since that is pathetically easy to design, and people obsessed with difficulty are all over that since the only measure of difficulty nowadays is how many time you die in the encounter.

Might be different? Possible, but unlikely.