Final PSO2 Station+ March 26

youtube stream https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPaW3ASiN3A

bumped translated recap https://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-station-plus-final-recap/

Mostly reminiscing older broadcasts and inviting past hosts and selling goods for the first 3hrs.

New info for PSO2 after 3hr mark

• new UH version of Cradle of Darkness, Drawn to Darkness (Beckoning of Darkness), Apprentice UQs (both mining base and omega)
  • new enhanced Primordial Darkness UQ, level 200, 4 man, fail at death count 2
  • new Oracle renew collection scratches orcs3.jpg orcs4.jpg orcs5.jpg
  • In addition to the permnament PSO2 M and F Collection scratches, there will be Cast F and Cast M parts collection in the future.

And just relevant to JP server

• OT weapons with titles all added to Weapon Badge SP shop
  • scratch revival Aria the Scarlet Ammo, PSO2es, Shining series
  • PSO2es event with lobby NPCs
  • increase number of times you can run solo ultimate quest per day
  • AC support item scratch to go with the 20% boost week

Memorial Mission

Clear Limited Missions to receive 100 SG Ticket, Lobby Actions, and camos.

Class Level 100 Campaign

Players who reached or already reach level 100 will receive 100 SG Ticket per class reached.

That's yet another 1400 SG. They are totally prepping JP players to have a bunch of it by NGS release.

@Miraglyth

Well shit. Guess I have to work on that now.

Reading that bumped article seems to say there's going to be a revival SG scratch. Is that the first time they've done that?

@Knight-Raime said in Final PSO2 Station+ March 26:

Reading that bumped article seems to say there's going to be a revival SG scratch. Is that the first time they've done that?

I wouldn't even be the first time they've done it this year. They already had ARKS Memorial Track for about six weeks from January to March, which was a big revival of a lot of the old SG scratches.

@Knight-Raime Revival SG Scratches have happened several times in the JP server.

@Knight-Raime There has been many SG revivals of old scratches but it is usually themed for certain episodes. I don't think they went into much detail about the SG collection, YSOK didn't even mention it and went to the next slide. But it might be similar to the M and F Collection where it is permanent with a huge pool. There was a very fast scrolling in the part 3 video, it seems like it contains items from all the previous SG scratches, just the original colors the NPC wear. I'm not sure if i saw any color variations but it was scrolled through very fast.

Thanks for the replies you three. I just hope global gets this big one. Wonder if we didn't get the pervious ones because of our fast track to catch up didn't allow it.

Then again global has also missed certain collabs already and even unique stuff like Yami's scratch. So maybe they didn't think it important.

@HarmlessSyan said in Final PSO2 Station+ March 26:

But it might be similar to the M and F Collection where it is permanent with a huge pool.

A permanent PSO2-era SG scratch with a universal looping 40-scratch choice ticket would be a solution to content disappearance, though with a pool that large if they don't break it up it's basically charging 3200 SG for everything anyone would want.

You know what'd be an interesting approach to all this? If they deliberately inflated SG in NGS, raising its sources tenfold (including the amount given by direct purchase) but also the cost of anything in NGS tenfold. That'd dramatically reduce the costs of everything pre-NGS and fit into this kind of plan from a legacy accessibility standpoint.

Fanciful thinking on my part though, I'm sure.

@Knight-Raime said in Final PSO2 Station+ March 26:

Thanks for the replies you three. I just hope global gets this big one. Wonder if we didn't get the pervious ones because of our fast track to catch up didn't allow it.

Technically Global only got the revivals for a while. Fallen Heroes, Mother's Disciples and Astral Guardians were all closest to combination-revivals JP got of two separate sets. It was only with Versus Annihilation that we got a fully original combination of two JP sets (and only then because they were still too recent to do a two-set revival for).

@Miraglyth

Really? Well that's fucked.

Well, the M and F collection for the permanent AC scratch gives choice ticket at every 15 pulls, not sure if SG will follow suit. Did notice the Neptunia revival AC scratch currently on going on JP also is giving a choice ticket every 15 pulls, it might be the thing they are doing for old PSO2 fashion.

The NGS scratches (Oracle Renew Collections) are 30 pulls per choice ticket.

@HarmlessSyan said in Final PSO2 Station+ March 26:

at every 15 pulls

Oh of course! Giving the choice tickets more regularly would also solve that. 15 pulls would mean 1200 SG per choice item. Still a little high but a definite improvement if it happens that way.

Man I wish we had this. Astral Guardians SG scratch is going to be gone in a couple months, I’ve been fighting with myself if I want to drop the $ needed to get a choice ticket. Will I regret it if we miraculously get an event like this? Will I regret it if we get another campaign like Versus Annihilation? I’m envious of jp right now.

@Milk said in Final PSO2 Station+ March 26:

Will I regret it if we miraculously get an event like this? Will I regret it if we get another campaign like Versus Annihilation? I’m envious of jp right now.

The good news is Astral Guardians' end is still just under 9 weeks away and JP may get this in just under 3 weeks since that's when their only current SG scratch (a support scratch) ends. If it does turn out to be the possible best-case scenario of a permanent revival with 15-scratch choice tickets, we can probably take it with confidence that we'll ultimately get it too.

Though reassurance on that would absolutely be useful even before Astral Guardians ends.

Take me for instance, I want four things from that set. For the last 2-3 months I've been focusing my PSO2 efforts on farming SG with a goal of reaching 9600 for 120 scratches (3 choice tickets and praying that I'll get at least one of the three different items with regular pulls). Global's SG deficiency has pretty much dictated how I play this game and contributed to burnout way more than it ever should have.

But if we get it confirmed that we'll ultimately get choice tickets with 15 scratches, I could get all four of those items without needing to be lucky, and for 4800 SG overall. Half the cost, and a huge saving that would likely need to be carried into the probable new SG scratch that New Genesis is going to bring before Global sees the end of Versus Annihilation.

In short it'd go a long way to resolving the Global mess with SG.

In any case, I don't wish to take this topic off-topic, and PSO2 Station+ has other details worthy of discussion so perhaps it's time to move on to those.

Tickets for the 20th Anniversary Orchestral Concert are also going to give players an NGS Stamp with the note "after NGS release". This confirms they're starting to use content from New Genesis to promote PSO2 activities that'll take place before its release. I'm liking that.

The PSO2 soundtrack collection is getting Volumes 9 and 10. I still hope we'll get at least a digital if not a physical soundtrack release on the Global side one day.

Not only that but they're getting a special CD just for ARKS Ship Fire Swirl, including the two newly-recorded versions of Angels with Burning Hearts. I continue to be disappointed that they're continuing to pretend the original English version of that songs that western players heard in 1998-99 doesn't exist. But maybe, just maybe, it'll be included on Global only. I don't think the odds are great but it might be higher than zero.

What catches my eye most about this update though is that PSO2 ARKS Medal. Is it just me or is that thing absolutely sick? I seriously want us to get that too. I'd snap it up and get an extra card for the Summoner loadout in a heartbeat.

Edit And look at that Phantasy Star Heroines tapestry! Duuuude. I want!

495bc20e-5139-4393-8e78-592869a43910-image.png

So to keep their game from getting stagnet over on the JP pso2 (until NGS) they're making old UQ's with new difficulties. I suppose that's one way to keep people entertained.