Please merge ship 3 with any other ship

@Miraglyth said in Please merge ship 3 with any other ship:

@Milk said in Please merge ship 3 with any other ship:

The problem will probably fix itself when players just come back for NGS

NGS itself is confirmed to be sharded by ship as well, which is kind of baffling, but for the time being at least Personal Quarters and Alliances aren't a part of it. They could conceivably rework NGS to act as a universal ship, but the longer they take to do that the more barriers they'll put up (in particular the likelihood of per-ship storage).

Oh I meant more that people will come back for NGS or new players will join for NGS and eventually the favored ship(s) will be full so people will join the lesser populated ones. I wish PQ was at least universal because it’s very costly to decorate one for every ship(plus my music discs can’t be reused). I fully understand why alliance would be ship based, however.

Pass. My console already can't handle a block that's half full even if I have all my settings low.

Theyed be better served to just create a new search algorithm that allows you to search content across ships than literally smash ships together. And that's not going to happen because pso2 is basically done content wise.

@Zeke said in Please merge ship 3 with any other ship:

NGS should be much better in terms of retaining players.

Hopefully! And hopefully there won't be dozens of different game modes that will lead to some being abandoned. Appreciably they're slightly different topics 😛

NGS should be much better in terms of retaining players.

Hopefully! And hopefully there won't be dozens of different game modes that will lead to some being abandoned. Appreciably they're slightly different topics 😛

Sega were experimenting a lot on their version. I remember they had no idea how they wanted to proceed with this game. That doesn't seem like it will be an issue in NGS. They have a firm grasp on what they want to make this time.

I hope.

Merging ships would be impossible, but if possible they should try to implement something similar to FF14's world visit system, being able to visit other ships with some limitations (like no access to the alliance and personal quarters when vising a different ship, and when it comes to storage, maybe they could add an additional storage that is shared accross all ships?).

Though, when NGS releases, most likely ships 1 and 2 will get congested and new players will have to go to ships 3 and 4, so these will see new life then.

@Ezodagrom said in Please merge ship 3 with any other ship:

Merging ships would be impossible, but if possible they should try to implement something similar to FF14's world visit system, being able to visit other ships with some limitations (like no access to the alliance and personal quarters when vising a different ship, and when it comes to storage, maybe add an additional storage that is shared accross all ships?).

Though, when NGS releases, most likely ships 1 and 2 will get congested and new players will have to go to ships 3 and 4, so these will see new life then.

Or just offer free transfer off Ship 4 and maybe 3 if it doesn't get better then close the server down from the public. Those who don't transfer in-time still can, but you won't be able to play on the ships anymore.

GG fixed

They have options its just them being stubborn about it.

if possible they should try to implement something similar to FF14's world visit system

Yeah, making content increasingly universal seems like the more elegant solution really. You've described this very well!

That's exactly what happened back in May, but it didn't stop people who didn't know better perpetuating myths about server population for months that can only have ultimately contributed to a faster decline.

Or just offer free transfer [snip] GG fixed

Again... a free transfer that costs a lot of progress and irretrievable content loss is not free. An increase in the shared content access is free of these drawbacks.

That's exactly what happened back in May, but it didn't stop people who didn't know better perpetuating myths about server population for months that can only have ultimately contributed to a faster decline.

The servers retaining population after launch will depend on SEGA and the EN community team, they really need to advertise content updates better, and if they do, we'll be seeing periods with the population recovering when new content releases.

At the very least video trailers for content updates should be a must, not only cosmetics trailers, and also announcing updates with more time in advance, not the day before.

If any ship needs a merge, it’s 4. It’s always had the least players and lately it’s worse. Only one block ever has a lot of people even during the day. There’s a wait for UQ, sometimes you don’t get a full party(better join at launch or you get to wait). Buster you could wait 30m+ to get anyone else. It’s kind of sad.

I’m hoping NGS helps with that too.

yikes. hope you get merged soon.

The servers retaining population after launch will depend on SEGA and the EN community team, they really need to advertise content updates better, if they do, we'll be seeing periods of increased population when new content releases.

That's not what I meant; it was more tons of folks calling Ship 3's population and economy dead with outdated knowledge from before PC launch, when it was indistinguishable from 1 for months after that.

But as a separate point one I do fully agree with and wonder if we may have been forgetting lately. Everyone's been quick to blame the knowledge of New Genesis in the future for PSO2's current decline, but amongst all that several people have also decried there being too little to do, a reliance on generally one or two vogue Urgent Quests as a core gameplay loop getting tiresome and so on.

Lest we forget, Universe before Online 2 had a slow update pace, especially on the Global servers which soon fell behind JP's update pace. We started with a level 50 cap and every so often we got a 10-level cap raise, the next progressive tier of classes, and a slow expansion of repetitive quests or waves of adding S and S2 difficulties to temporarily make older quests be the most worthwhile. But it was always criticised for having a limited content set that couldn't be significantly patched (thanks PS2 version) and for charging a monthly fee for essentially putting together the same assets they called building blocks into new combinations to call new quests, or for delaying access to some bosses that players could have just taken on in Single Player several months prior.

Now Online 2 can be (and was) constantly patched with new cosmetics and the monthly fee isn't mandatory anymore, but that's representative of changes in technology and the customer market between 2006 and 2012. It's 2021 now, and despite the more complex visuals we're probably going to need to be seeing more dynamic-variety content or more substantial refreshes than the half-year I hear it took to add Bewitched Woods on JP after unchanging Buster Quests drew widespread criticism. At least if we want to be seeing better long-term player retention.

But giving existing players some excitement about what to look forward to would definitely not go amiss either. 😓

Ok, let us just ignore the losses already detailed and think about what you are asking for. You want SEGA to shut down servers AT THE SAME TIME that they are starting the Global CBT for a new major expansion (almost an entirely new game) accessed through the current game. If you are dissatisfied with the population on your current ship, use the ship transfer.

Now that I think about it, I’ve been pretty unhappy with playing lately. The UQ schedule hasn’t lined up with my freetime ever since daylight savings happened so when I log in, all the fun has just ended. UQ and concerts is what I look forward to. I’m pretty miserable feeling left out that I just log off when I do get to play.

daylight savings

Why does it exist? I live where it is not observed, but I have to adjust my schedule for everyone else.

@HarmlessSyan I've always hated it. The best theory I've heard is so politicians have more time to play golf.

I wouldn't want to make my exq and divide runs take longer by inviting randos like you.