Please merge ship 3 with any other ship

@Miraglyth said in Please merge ship 3 with any other ship:

@Doom-Smack said in Please merge ship 3 with any other ship:

In which case one idea for that would be not overflow, but have one of the ships selected to be 'secondary' and the storage could also exist but not be able add more to it.

Alright, so... if that storage is given a high capacity like Material Storage and everything from the consumed ship gets chucked into that including unsold Personal Shop goods and deployed furnishings and consumed music discs that both get converted back to item form... you'll end up with a huge full secondary storage.

Now, what happens when you need to take things out of that storage? What if the consumed ship was your primary one and has all your room goods so you need to retrieve them to recreate your room? Or your time-limited non-stacking Bonus Keys? Outfits or outerwear you regularly switch between?

This kind of storage definitely alleviates the issue of suddenly giving players 600+ more items than they have space for and locking them out of picking anything up, and I'm glad you thought of it. But it still isn't perfect and it still does nothing about destroyed alliances, ship currencies like CC or other ship-based unlocks that would still be lost. And if that storage has a time limit before they take it away it's just kicking the can down the road.

And to be honest I really do not have faith they'd remember to account for players' registered music discs on the consumed ship. And if not, those of us who spent 3200 SG on music discs in particular would be seriously affected! They can't even revive AC scratches or Mission Pass seasons properly even after knowingly blocking players from several of them, so this sounds like it's expecting way too much of an exercise they'd want to be done with quickly.

Which is the point really. Problematic destructive merges that may need to be repeated in the future don't ultimately solve anything, they just cause grief to perpetuate an outdated server architecture. If they want to properly deal with it, may as well migrate to a modern structure, eliminate sharding in the first place, and use that as a chance to properly work out how to either preserve everything or at the very least affect everyone equally so it's not just players from one ship that get screwed over by what'd effectively be a forced transfer.

Yes

😋

@Milk said in Please merge ship 3 with any other ship:

Oh I haven’t tried risks yet, completely forgot about them! Good idea. This is going to sound pathetic but I’m scared to do triggers because I don’t want to stand in the lobby advertising I need party members. God I have an active life irl but a friggin’ trigger in a videogame gives me hives, what the hell.

Risk exploration? Tbh I wouldnt mind do them more with a full/decent dps 12 I kinda miss the old grindy farm a lil bit (just for a change of pace). Also things to do: you could always gear more, find new creeps, find ways to avoid those creeps, or perhaps become a creep. Triggers I cant lobby shout (XB1 is incompatible with B01) until my series x arrives soon anyway so I just start em and if popular trigger they fill (or nice ppl shout for you).

They sound exciting at least! I plan to get the better gear just for something to strive for, getting burn out with no goals. Thanks for the laugh! I needed that. Oddly enough I tried putting my main in that lewd Nei outfit and nobody bothered me, I’m just one of the bros! I prefer the cute fluffy clothes though, sucks. I’ll see if people will join my triggers without me doing anything, I really enjoy UQ fights.

Well I dont know if exciting is the word for it lol lets go with different (tbh I miss the old explorations and nemesis, even bitchwitched, farm somewhat). Problem is getting enough people to run it though, its not really feasible or designed for solo. Im sure ppl interested but its kinda dead so never gets going (would take some organising perhaps). I think that as we got it drop amongst other major content meant it kinda got skipped over. Drops crack though!

I think many of us been through alot of burn out with the super crazy content speed. I pull away for a couple days when I do then get sucked right back in lol (kinda gladly mmm mmm PSO fix).

Ah ha the 'ol naked stealth trick works! 'one of the bros' lol. Hey if you want a trigger that pretty much insta-fills Face Abyss certainly will atm, will make your SG balance sad though. B01 seems to still be the go I dont think people use the trigger blocks much (wish they did though), thats Ship 4 anyway. Maybe they do but Im off with timing. As someone said there is also solo ones too. You could also just hang a bit and see what triggers other people are running to join.

That’s a drag, only two people I know irl are playing this game right now, everyone’s got that “until NGS” burnout. It was over before I even started, no one seems to run it. 😞

I’m working a lot so rarely home, I still look forward to playing at the end of a long day but all the concerts and UQ are done do it feels empty and depressing. I just end up logging off because playing at that hour is so dead on my ship.

Noooo not my SG! I still need an Astral Guardians choice ticket! I think I have a bunch of triggers in storage of various things, I’ll have a look, maybe there’s something good in there.

For what it's worth, I play on ship 3 and I have no problem finding parties for content- Good parties, at that. But then again, I make it a habit to say "hey, keep me in mind if you need someone to run with" to everyone in a group after a particularly good run of risk/triggers/divides/ etc. And given that I'm more than capable of pulling my own weight... they do.

Is ship 3 quiet? I would assume it is, compared to ship 2. Does that mean it's dead? Not really- it depends on how you approach things. A low-pop ship might actually be better if you get to know everyone and get along with them- You get to know who runs what, and when, pretty fast. But if you're the type who wants to meet someone new every day, or see a crowd everywhere you go? Yeahhhh that's probably not gonna happen on a low pop ship lol.

@Tarina said in Please merge ship 3 with any other ship:

For what it's worth, I play on ship 3 and I have no problem finding parties for content- Good parties, at that. But then again, I make it a habit to say "hey, keep me in mind if you need someone to run with" to everyone in a group after a particularly good run of risk/triggers/divides/ etc. And given that I'm more than capable of pulling my own weight... they do.

Is ship 3 quiet? I would assume it is, compared to ship 2. Does that mean it's dead? Not really- it depends on how you approach things. A low-pop ship might actually be better if you get to know everyone and get along with them- You get to know who runs what, and when, pretty fast. But if you're the type who wants to meet someone new every day, or see a crowd everywhere you go? Yeahhhh that's probably not gonna happen on a low pop ship lol.

There are some really nice people on ship3 but the numbers are steadily declining. every day my friends list becomes a larger grey monument of MIA.

I'm from ship 3 two of my alliance mate left our alliance due to inactive members like we are only 2 - 3 active players also ship 3 for me is fine we still have afk players in block 1 and 2 . In morning sometimes block 1 is crowded specially if there's Quna concert it still good. But not as good as the other ships because some content are dead.

Oh I haven’t tried risks yet, completely forgot about them! Good idea. This is going to sound pathetic but I’m scared to do triggers because I don’t want to stand in the lobby advertising I need party members. God I have an active life irl but a friggin’ trigger in a videogame gives me hives, what the hell.

Risk exploration? Tbh I wouldnt mind do them more with a full/decent dps 12 I kinda miss the old grindy farm a lil bit (just for a change of pace). Also things to do: you could always gear more, find new creeps, find ways to avoid those creeps, or perhaps become a creep. Triggers I cant lobby shout (XB1 is incompatible with B01) until my series x arrives soon anyway so I just start em and if popular trigger they fill (or nice ppl shout for you).

They sound exciting at least! I plan to get the better gear just for something to strive for, getting burn out with no goals. Thanks for the laugh! I needed that. Oddly enough I tried putting my main in that lewd Nei outfit and nobody bothered me, I’m just one of the bros! I prefer the cute fluffy clothes though, sucks. I’ll see if people will join my triggers without me doing anything, I really enjoy UQ fights.

Well I dont know if exciting is the word for it lol lets go with different (tbh I miss the old explorations and nemesis, even bitchwitched, farm somewhat). Problem is getting enough people to run it though, its not really feasible or designed for solo. Im sure ppl interested but its kinda dead so never gets going (would take some organising perhaps). I think that as we got it drop amongst other major content meant it kinda got skipped over. Drops crack though!

I think many of us been through alot of burn out with the super crazy content speed. I pull away for a couple days when I do then get sucked right back in lol (kinda gladly mmm mmm PSO fix).

Ah ha the 'ol naked stealth trick works! 'one of the bros' lol. Hey if you want a trigger that pretty much insta-fills Face Abyss certainly will atm, will make your SG balance sad though. B01 seems to still be the go I dont think people use the trigger blocks much (wish they did though), thats Ship 4 anyway. Maybe they do but Im off with timing. As someone said there is also solo ones too. You could also just hang a bit and see what triggers other people are running to join.

That’s a drag, only two people I know irl are playing this game right now, everyone’s got that “until NGS” burnout. It was over before I even started, no one seems to run it. 😞

I’m working a lot so rarely home, I still look forward to playing at the end of a long day but all the concerts and UQ are done do it feels empty and depressing. I just end up logging off because playing at that hour is so dead on my ship.

Noooo not my SG! I still need an Astral Guardians choice ticket! I think I have a bunch of triggers in storage of various things, I’ll have a look, maybe there’s something good in there.

I was assuming so but have you done Extreme Risk (the other risk)? That is good and popular (solo and a 4 man). Theres a whole crap tonne of new stuff hitting this week too. Opps sorry for mention hurting SG - I didnt realise! Yep theres others triggers people would join too, someone else may have better suggestions for that I dont hang on B01 much, I could guess/suggest a few but Id rather not give poor advice incase!

Servers probably gunna be poppin after next maintenance Id imagine? Gunna get crazy. (Then it rolls around and Im sitting there all alone with my boosts, slapping dudu around as my only friend).

[Tbh ship 4 seems somewhat better since the last update]

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts about the population of Ship 3 (and 4.) I'll let the team know how you feel.

@GM-Deynger said in Please merge ship 3 with any other ship:

I'll let the team know how you feel.

I cannot stress enough that a dirty merge that effectively transfers players from one ship onto another at the cost of their alliances, Personal Quarters content (including irretrievable content like music discs some of which cost 3200 SG) and probably a lot of their ship-based storage would be a terrible solution to a problem that several Ship 3 players in particular have disagreed exists yet.

Please don't even consider this. Ever. Destroying players' virtual possessions on this scale in a live service game is suicide.

The only acceptable resolutions to this when it eventually becomes a problem would be to extend Universal Ship behaviour in a manner resembling that of Connected Realms in WoW which is a recommended setup to research.

I cannot stress enough that a dirty merge that effectively transfers players from one ship onto another at the cost of their alliances, Personal Quarters content (including irretrievable content like music discs some of which cost 3200 SG) and probably a lot of their ship-based storage would be a terrible solution to a problem that several Ship 3 players in particular have disagreed exists yet.

Please don't even consider this. Ever. Destroying players' virtual possessions on this scale in a live service game is suicide.

The only acceptable resolutions to this when it eventually becomes a problem would be to extend Universal Ship behaviour in a manner resembling that of Connected Realms in WoW which is a recommended setup to research.

Noted.

Thank you very much. 🙂

Thank you very much. 🙂

They could try to program a transfer that allows everything to go other to the next. Issue is Sega being greedy. We know they can get the tech to do it and likely already have the tech. It's pretty dumb you need multiple toons to transfer all your items.

@Zeke said in Please merge ship 3 with any other ship:

They could try to program a transfer that allows everything to go other to the next.

This has already been discussed in this topic, and the biggest (but not only) issue is players that have ship data (alliances, Default/Premium/Extended/Material Storage, Personal Quarters layouts) on both ships being merged.

Speaking of which, merges and transfers are being a bit conflated here. It feels like the starting point of the thought process is too often "Move players from the smaller ship onto the bigger ship [and try to mitigate the data loss to those players as much as possible]". That's a defeatist train of thought, really.

Ideally a merge should be performed by transferring all players from both ships onto a completely new one with no priority given to either. Identify all conflicts and solve them all. If any are such significant show-stoppers that they can't be solved, that should be clue enough that a transfer-style "merge" isn't acceptable either.

They could try to program a transfer that allows everything to go other to the next.

This has already been discussed in this topic, and the biggest (but not only) issue is players that have ship data (alliances, Default/Premium/Extended/Material Storage, Personal Quarters layouts) on both ships being merged.

Speaking of which, merges and transfers are being a bit conflated here. It feels like the starting point of the thought process is too often "Move players from the smaller ship onto the bigger ship [and try to mitigate the data loss to those players as much as possible]". That's a defeatist train of thought, really.

Ideally a merge should be performed by transferring all players from both ships onto a completely new one with no priority given to either. Identify all conflicts and solve them all. If any are such significant show-stoppers that they can't be solved, that should be clue enough that a transfer-style "merge" isn't acceptable either.

Alright combined them into a single ship and call it 3/4. Surely they have the data to combine both ships without harming the items people have collected.

Surely they have the data to combine

It feels like the conversation was lost on you?

The question is not whether they have the data. The question was how you combine any two ships if some accounts have data that cannot be combined on both of them.

Alliance membership is the easiest example here because alliances are ship-based data. It is impossible for an account to have two characters on the same ship in different alliances, but two characters on different ships must have different alliances. How do you combine those ships?