Please merge ship 3 with any other ship

@Zeke

Probs a bit off topic but I rather like the idea of triggers and the UQ system in general. It just needs to be updated a bit. Like triggers being easier to match with and not having an arbitrary time to join before you're locked out. And UQ's should be recycled into limited missions on a rotating cycle.

@Miraglyth said in Please merge ship 3 with any other ship:

@Zarozian said in Please merge ship 3 with any other ship:

The only solution

Hey tell you what, if you're actually okay with losing your alliance, Storage, Personal Quarters content and so on, how about Ship 2 gets absorbed into Ship 3 instead? It'd be just the same combined player base so the "solution" is just as effective, and since you don't care about losing most of your stuff, it's win/win, right?

Yeah, didn't think so. Stop trying to damage other players. It's getting tiresome.

But that would never happen because Ship-02 is the most liveliest ship that's even more active than the Ship-02 in JP. It's Ship-03 that will get merged with us lol. But maybe you're one of the solo-players who prefer the single player RPGs more than an actual MMO? = w=

But that would never happen because

That has nothing to do with my (obviously illustrative) suggestion. Try again.

Well it's pretty clear something needs to happen sooner or later. Making 4 ships was mistake on their end though.

@NotWhoUThink said in Please merge ship 3 with any other ship:

it's pretty clear something needs to happen

As several people have mentioned going back to page 1, New Genesis probably qualifies as "something"...

As several people have mentioned going back to page 1, New Genesis probably qualifies as "something"...

Noted, however I don't feel like that's good enough but unfortunately I don't have a good solution either. I'm sure there is one but nothing off the top of my head.

Noted, however I don't feel like that's good enough but unfortunately I don't have a good solution either. I'm sure there is one but nothing off the top of my head.

Well until NGS comes out we don't know how it will handle the population. Maybe hardly anyone will flock to it or maybe all the servers will explode from the amount of players.

Who knows until it happens.

@Ki-Rin said in Please merge ship 3 with any other ship:

We are dying here. Please send lifeboat!

Hey friend. If you can move to Ship-02 I will carry you and help you get all the materials for a Klauz weapon if your choosing and me and my friends can help you catch up. = w=

@Ki-Rin said in Please merge ship 3 with any other ship:

We are dying here. Please send lifeboat!

Hey friend. If you can move to Ship-02 I will carry you and help you get all the materials for a Klauz weapon if your choosing and me and my friends can help you catch up. = w=

Problem is money. Fact we have to pay 7$ USD to move is annoying. That's just one toon too.

I’m just going to eventually start over with most of my alts in NGS when I’ll actually play them, I don’t want to transfer all of them. Just the main and favorite alt because there’s no way in hell I’m paying $82 for alts I barely use. The game sets a fair price, no complaints whatsoever, I’m just too cheap.

Hmm, I think that one thing that SEGA could easily do that could result in more new players picking the less populated ships would be to hide the ship numbers, display only the ship names, and shift their order so the less populated ships show up on top.

With the ship numbers being shown, many tend to pick the lowest possible numbers (such as 1 or 2), since the new players would assume that those have the highest number of players (unless those are too congested).

Though, the best time to do something like this would be the NGS launch, I think.

@Ezodagrom said in Please merge ship 3 with any other ship:

Hmm, I think that one thing that SEGA could easily do that could result in more new players picking the less populated ships would be to hide the ship numbers, display only the ship names, and shift their order so the less populated ships show up on top.

Another would be to wait until all the ships are full at one point and then start showing the ship populations so ridiculous myths about perfectly healthy ships being dead can't happen in the first place and don't become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

@Doom-Smack said in Please merge ship 3 with any other ship:

Personal shop for instance, this could be like you say for PQ and 'overfill' up to an in theory max of 60/30, whereby the player can withdraw items and sort this out at their leisure. Or perhaps return everyones items and give a free personal shop 3 day ticket.

Holy cow, do you genuinely think 3 days of personal shop that Premium players get for free anyway would be enough to make up for having a room that's 300/150, a shop that's 60/30, a Default Storage that's 400/200, a Premium Storage that's 800/400 and potentially paid extended storages that are also over-full?

It'd take more than 3 days just to sort that mess out!! During that time they couldn't pick up any 15★ UQ drops, complete any potentially event client orders, finish any missions or claim any potentially-expiring Visiphone rewards. AT ALL. This is not such a simple problem lmfao.

The floated concept of giving out a 3 day shop pass was in the instance all shop items are removed, so the items can be put back up when the player is ready even without premium. Doesnt really matter what it is just that theres ways cost/detriment to player can be avoided (make it a 100% triboost instead? lol).

I didnt mention overflow as the only idea (as per shop removal instead), and I didnt even touch on the other storages whatsoever. In which case one idea for that would be not overflow, but have one of the ships selected to be 'secondary' and the storage could also exist but not be able add more to it. In the case of active storage being paid for on the secondary ship then refund/tickets/something.

Again just ideas and of course bigger still is technical restrictions that I dont know. The discussion is kinda moot because they will be aware if they are setup for merge or not and this is just us chucking speculations and ideas about. Im just saying its not neccessarily logically impossible as far as I can see or screw players over.

By my opinion on merge - seems to me to totally makes sense (for us and probably for sega) to see how things go after NGS been out a little while. One thing Im curious of though, is if indeed servers become quite full, however everyone on NGS rather than PSO2 content, could be kinda ghosty in PSO2. Personally Im thinking most likely I will be hitting NGS alot early on but then back to PSO2 content and some kinda balance of the two, especially if the NGS content is much slower as many expect. Heck NGS could even flop and everyone just stays with improved graphics PSO2. Who knows. Just glad to be getting all this awesome phantasy star gaming.

In which case one idea for that would be not overflow, but have one of the ships selected to be 'secondary' and the storage could also exist but not be able add more to it.

Alright, so... if that storage is given a high capacity like Material Storage and everything from the consumed ship gets chucked into that including unsold Personal Shop goods and deployed furnishings and consumed music discs that both get converted back to item form... you'll end up with a huge full secondary storage.

Now, what happens when you need to take things out of that storage? What if the consumed ship was your primary one and has all your room goods so you need to retrieve them to recreate your room? Or your time-limited non-stacking Bonus Keys? Outfits or outerwear you regularly switch between?

This kind of storage definitely alleviates the issue of suddenly giving players 600+ more items than they have space for and locking them out of picking anything up, and I'm glad you thought of it. But it still isn't perfect and it still does nothing about destroyed alliances, ship currencies like CC or other ship-based unlocks that would still be lost. And if that storage has a time limit before they take it away it's just kicking the can down the road.

And to be honest I really do not have faith they'd remember to account for players' registered music discs on the consumed ship. And if not, those of us who spent 3200 SG on music discs in particular would be seriously affected! They can't even revive AC scratches or Mission Pass seasons properly even after knowingly blocking players from several of them, so this sounds like it's expecting way too much of an exercise they'd want to be done with quickly.

Which is the point really. Problematic destructive merges that may need to be repeated in the future don't ultimately solve anything, they just cause grief to perpetuate an outdated server architecture. If they want to properly deal with it, may as well migrate to a modern structure, eliminate sharding in the first place, and use that as a chance to properly work out how to either preserve everything or at the very least affect everyone equally so it's not just players from one ship that get screwed over by what'd effectively be a forced transfer.

@Milk said in Please merge ship 3 with any other ship:

@Milk said in Please merge ship 3 with any other ship:

Oh I haven’t tried risks yet, completely forgot about them! Good idea. This is going to sound pathetic but I’m scared to do triggers because I don’t want to stand in the lobby advertising I need party members. God I have an active life irl but a friggin’ trigger in a videogame gives me hives, what the hell.

Risk exploration? Tbh I wouldnt mind do them more with a full/decent dps 12 I kinda miss the old grindy farm a lil bit (just for a change of pace). Also things to do: you could always gear more, find new creeps, find ways to avoid those creeps, or perhaps become a creep. Triggers I cant lobby shout (XB1 is incompatible with B01) until my series x arrives soon anyway so I just start em and if popular trigger they fill (or nice ppl shout for you).

They sound exciting at least! I plan to get the better gear just for something to strive for, getting burn out with no goals. Thanks for the laugh! I needed that. Oddly enough I tried putting my main in that lewd Nei outfit and nobody bothered me, I’m just one of the bros! I prefer the cute fluffy clothes though, sucks. I’ll see if people will join my triggers without me doing anything, I really enjoy UQ fights.

Well I dont know if exciting is the word for it lol lets go with different (tbh I miss the old explorations and nemesis, even bitchwitched, farm somewhat). Problem is getting enough people to run it though, its not really feasible or designed for solo. Im sure ppl interested but its kinda dead so never gets going (would take some organising perhaps). I think that as we got it drop amongst other major content meant it kinda got skipped over. Drops crack though!

I think many of us been through alot of burn out with the super crazy content speed. I pull away for a couple days when I do then get sucked right back in lol (kinda gladly mmm mmm PSO fix).

Ah ha the 'ol naked stealth trick works! 'one of the bros' lol. Hey if you want a trigger that pretty much insta-fills Face Abyss certainly will atm, will make your SG balance sad though. B01 seems to still be the go I dont think people use the trigger blocks much (wish they did though), thats Ship 4 anyway. Maybe they do but Im off with timing. As someone said there is also solo ones too. You could also just hang a bit and see what triggers other people are running to join.