Was hoping the Force class weapon would play more like a Scythe

Y'know from the free SG ticket scrath recent event, I've used it to get Shiva's Scythe weapon camo, because Scythes are generaly cool.

I wanted to use it for the Force class in NGS, but I'm dissapointed, because I've found out that the Force class is nothing more but just long range spam techniques, and there are no Close-range attacks for it at all,it kinda does not make sense then why it should have the appearance of Scythe when it lack any close range attacks at all.

You can't use Shivas camo on the Wand weapon for techer either, because the camos is not supported for the wand, which was weird.

I agree as well. Although I wish for a seperate scythe weapon type instead of just Force cosplaying it. Maybe they should add Rod PAs again for the cool factor? I want to use my cool camo like a scythe too xD

Only thing i hope from a caster is that if it isn't any stronger than other classes, then it shouldn't be crawling/stationary while casting, and if it is, then it needs to be as strong as Dragon's Dogma sorcerer. Otherwise it's boring.

Force always has being a long range class that focus only in using techs so it makes sense to continue to be the same that has being from the start, still Force in NGS doesn't have the limitations that has in the base PSO2 with the slow movement with the charging of techs and literally no means to block incoming damage unless using a specific ring for that, also is possible to use weapons from the subclass in NGS so Force can still fight when needed in closed quarters.

btw the Scythe camos exist because Phantom.

@Jamesmor Why not try to adapt some of the Phantom Rod mechanics into the NGS Force then?

@Charus because Force is focused in only techs, in all RPGs there's a class that is focused in magic in Phantasy Star that one is always has being Force and incorporate Phantom Rod into Force will remove the idea of being vulnerable with the techs that is always being the main weak point of Force

@Jamesmor Then I dont see the point why Rods should have Scythe camos in the first place. Either that, or they need to make a entirely new class that wields scythes

@Charus You like scythes, i like no weapons at all. I'd like to rework fighter to be more to my liking, but that isn't going to happen either.

@Charus Because Scythes are a common alternative to staves/rods/wands as a magic user weapon.

Scythes are some what married to the idea of magical beings. Just because you "can" melee with one doesn't mean you always do. Force as an identity has always been a long range caster. You'll go for techter if you want to have melee involved. It really just sounds like you want to melee with scythes than actually be a caster.

Then why not just ask for a class that uses scythes as one of it's weapons?

@Charus said in Was hoping the Force class weapon would play more like a Scythe:

@Jamesmor Then I dont see the point why Rods should have Scythe camos in the first place. Either that, or they need to make a entirely new class that wields scythes

Because of Phantom in the current PSO2. Plus there's always the chance that the scion classes could return in NGS in the future.

I pulled Shiva’s weapon camo from the scratch too and love the rod. I think of it as a grim reaper prop, not something melee like a polearm. It’s just a magic scythe.

@Yggranya said in Was hoping the Force class weapon would play more like a Scythe:

@Charus You like scythes, i like no weapons at all. I'd like to rework fighter to be more to my liking, but that isn't going to happen either.

Invisible weapon camo: Hello there!

@REEStrikes said in Was hoping the Force class weapon would play more like a Scythe:

@Yggranya said in Was hoping the Force class weapon would play more like a Scythe:

Invisible weapon camo: Hello there!

I KNOW! That doesn't make the knuckles any better. I'm more intrested in how it plays, and it's slow.

@Yggranya So, you want NGS fighter knuckles then? 😛

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAH3m6xs5io