Testing out the pso2 jp new graphics engine on a low end pc

i couldnt wait for the graphics update to come to the na version to i just download the jp version to test it out and surprisingly the game ran well on max settings on an intel gpu but there is one problem (is this for people who have weaker laptop/desktop) if your cpu processor doesnt support (AVX) the game will not work anymore and they is nothing u can do about it so u better buy console or a hold new PC to Play The Base PSO2 And NGS when the graphics update releases

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCOK6--zWq8&t=272s

My Laptop Specs Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21GHz 8TH Generation Intel UHD Graphics 620 4GB Ram

PSO2 Tweaker Game Settings Resolution: laptop Resolution 1024x768 (Virtual Fullscreen) Max Framerate: Unlimited FPS Simple Render: 6 Texture Filtering: 8x Texture Quality: Maximum Ingame Graphics Settings Dynamic lights from special effects : On Other Dymanic lights : On Bloom effect : On Distortion Effect : On Far rendering : On Blur Effect : On Color Tone Curve (Adjust Scene Color tone) : On Peripheral Darkening (Vignette) : On Depth of field : On Anti Aliasing : On Refection Anti Aliasing : On Ambient Occlusion : On Soft Particles : On Shadows : Low Everything Else is Maxed Out

Who on earth would still have a pre 2013 CPU?

@ZENCHI u might want to ask the people in the pso2 community discord about that question

There was people in fl**t discord having a melty about their hardware, even about the additional storage space requirement.

the space requirement is to be annoyed, Sega could use a better compression of files to fill less space but having a meltdown over the hardware is just stupid, AVX came to make the CPU more efficient so is obvious that older hardware that doesn't have access to these will not run the game and even if it can it will use more power to do the same of a CPU that has AVX.

What Intel GPU though? Are you talking about the HD/UHD 630 or the new Iris XE graphics found in 11th gen Intel laptops? Kinda curious but congrats on getting the game to work at max settings.

@CelestialEmperor said in Testing out the pso2 jp new graphics engine on a low end pc:

i couldnt wait for the graphics update to come to the na version to i just download the jp version to test it out and surprisingly the game ran well on max settings on an intel gpu

Sorry, but without any info on resolution and how many frames you reached in certain scenarios (town, 1on1 fighting, 32man boss fights) this post is meaningless aside from the AVX part that has been widely known at this point. Could you provide screenshots or maybe even a video on performance to back up any claims concerning intel graphics, because I doubt you will be able to enjoy pso2 that way. Additionally, you might wanna add the specific CPU/intel GPU you are using for reference.

I'd like to see New Genesis on Ryzen 3400G.

Just to confirm, this new graphics engine is being done all "in-house" by SEGA right?

...And is Nvidia still "associated" with this new engine as well?

It would be nice to know Jensen is no longer "tipping the scales" as it were, against AMD hardware for this game.

Thankfully I seem to have a powerful enough PC to not notice any real frameskipping, but knowing Nvidia's past actions, it rather disturbs me such things could still be taking place in the graphics industry.

I would absolutely LOVE to see the new graphics engine employing VULKAN driver extensions for this game, it made my Doom/Doom Eternal experience absolutely run like silk.

@Yui2387 fair point lucky i already made a video about this already showing gameplay on a intel gpu Video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCOK6--zWq8&t=272s