The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!

Yup phaleg can be considered a memory game of sorts. memorizing her voice lines/animations etc to know what shes going to do.

Theres nothing to be ashamed about if you cant defeat her. One of the members in my alliance is pretty good at the game and while hes really good when it comes to group content he just isnt very good at solo content (or at least claims as much).

I understand where your coming from though.

@Yggranya said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

@BlazeLatias said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

Is the fight bullshit? Probably more towards the casual crowd who might have issues dodging and learning patterns yes, its perfectly understandable. That being said its possible to beat phaleg in under a minute with the gear we currently have so its certainly not impossible if your persistent and give it the old college try. Phaleg is a fun fight for those truly interested in a challenge.

Yes, "challenge". But really, it's just a memory game like raids in other games. Once you know the patterns, you just go through the motions. Only problem with the fight for me is that the "difficulty" comes from nothing else but seeing how many times the developers can kill the player, just like raids in other games. At least they had the decency to make it painfully obvious.

I suppose you are free to call that skill. I'd rather actually fight with a chance to win with the appropriate gear and level without lame skills like iron will from the very first try. Possible? Perhaps, but i doubt anyone has succeeded in that without foreknowledge.

To be fair though, the same can be said about every mission and mob in the game. Every single one has animations and patterns to learn, and most Boss enemies have voice lines you can learn. Even the very best players in the world aren’t going to do a mission as clean or as fast the first time, as what they would on their 100th run.

It’s odd because once I beat Masquerade it felt easier and easier to beat him. But Phaleg is so difficult I haven’t been able to beat her once. People compare the two so it feels bad I can’t beat both.

@Milk said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

It’s odd because once I beat Masquerade it felt easier and easier to beat him. But Phaleg is so difficult I haven’t been able to beat her once. People compare the two so it feels bad I can’t beat both.

I actually have a harder time against Masquerade than with Phaleg actually. But that's mostly due to the fact that I use only one weapon and he becomes practically immune to it so I have to muscle through it with sheer willpower. o -o

@Zarozian said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

@Milk said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

I actually have a harder time against Masquerade than with Phaleg actually. But that's mostly due to the fact that I use only one weapon and he becomes practically immune to it so I have to muscle through it with sheer willpower. o -o

Ahh, I swap between saber and wand on my Etoile so that felt completely natural to me but Masq doesn’t take away my ability to heal(at least low lvls I’ve done?). Phaleg wouldn’t let me use any mates so my health dwindled away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwISNYlUvgI

here's an actual brainless run

unfortunately it requires being a summoner, an absolutely horrifying thought

done on jp because my melon isn't leveled on na

@Neek said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

done on jp

Also slightly easier on JP given Global's persistently-mentioned lack of certain sweets.

@Miraglyth said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

done on jp

Also slightly easier on JP given Global's persistently-mentioned lack of certain sweets.

if you somehow think a 50 element melon with nothing other than a blast/satisfying parfait + only 1 unit equipped is better than what na has access to then I don't know what to say

completely missing the point of the video if you try to deflect with 'well akshually it'll still be easier because na doesn't have every single candy available to them' afterwards

melon

That's what I get for watching a few seconds of video part-way in and misinterpreting the spin attack as Jinga Break.

completely missing the point

I already mentioned in this topic that pets can trivialise Phaleg to the point that Milloraj Dusk can allow several other classes to use pets to beat her with relative ease too. Clearly I not only knew the point but made it first, so there's no need for your attitude.

@Miraglyth ye calm down buddy

file a dmca claim against me for stealing your super original strat in a thread that shouldn't exist in the first place

'well akshually...

ye calm down buddy

Alright then.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 Yes, but since the other things weren't designed to kill you, they aren't elevated to a pedestal of "difficulty".

@Miraglyth said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

done on jp

if you somehow think a 50 element melon with nothing other than a blast/satisfying parfait + only 1 unit equipped is better than what na has access to then I don't know what to say

completely missing the point of the video if you try to deflect with 'well akshually it'll still be easier because na doesn't have every single candy available to them' afterwards

What a strange way of speaking. But yes you are absolutely right. ;o

@Yggranya said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

@TEN-SQUARE-3 Yes, but since the other things weren't designed to kill you, they aren't elevated to a pedestal of "difficulty".

That’s not entirely true, a lot of bosses have at least one attack that will one shot you, or skills that can stun lock you, and combo you till you die. On UH and in particular higher levels of divide quest even small mobs can kill you in 2 or 3 hits, depending on the class you play.

I’m curious though how would you design “difficult” content that tests player “skill”, without having some sort of patterns, animations, voice lines etc, for the player to learn? The only thing I can think off is to make it truly random, which would almost certainly make players more reliant on skills like iron will, has you would only have your reflexes to rely on. This would also very likely make it harder for many people to beat because if you don’t have excellent reflexes you would be at a massive disadvantage

Aww I love my Melon! He’s so useless he failed a rainbow key so I doubt he could kill Phaleg, he barely has any sweets.