The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

@Milk said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

I can’t beat her on my Etoile. 😞 I don’t have the reflexes so I keep getting hit and I can’t heal. I don’t want to cheese it, I want to win and feel like I earned it.

You should only need reflexes while you’re learning the fight, nearly everyone of her attacks has a very distinctive audio cue, which gives you ample time to react, it’s just a case of learning which attack comes with each audio cue. If you’re playing with Japanese audio switch it to English, makes it a lot easier to learn the audio cues if you don’t speak Japanese. The only attack that doesn’t have an audio cue is when she does the dash backwards and forward across the arena, which she does a very noticeable bow before hand. Each attack has its own animation as well, so if you’re having trouble seeing them turn your damage numbers off from the menu,makes it far easier to see what she is doing.

Great advice, thanks! I don’t play with English audio, I actually listen for Shiva’s attack in Lament UQ by the sound of one word but Phaleg is just too overwhelming to do that. I’ll switch the language and practice, then. If I can beat Masq then maybe I can beat her. I hope...

@Yggranya

I lasted about twenty seconds and then panicked because she cut off my ability to use mates to heal and my poor Etoile was helpless. I only survived by being a coward. Feels bad.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

I can’t beat her on my Etoile. 😞 I don’t have the reflexes so I keep getting hit and I can’t heal. I don’t want to cheese it, I want to win and feel like I earned it.

You should only need reflexes while you’re learning the fight, nearly everyone of her attacks has a very distinctive audio cue, which gives you ample time to react, it’s just a case of learning which attack comes with each audio cue. If you’re playing with Japanese audio switch it to English, makes it a lot easier to learn the audio cues if you don’t speak Japanese. The only attack that doesn’t have an audio cue is when she does the dash backwards and forward across the arena, which she does a very noticeable bow before hand. Each attack has its own animation as well, so if you’re having trouble seeing them turn your damage numbers off from the menu,makes it far easier to see what she is doing.

Great advice, thanks! I don’t play with English audio, I actually listen for Shiva’s attack in Lament UQ by the sound of one word but Phaleg is just too overwhelming to do that. I’ll switch the language and practice, then. If I can beat Masq then maybe I can beat her. I hope...

@Yggranya

I lasted about twenty seconds and then panicked because she cut off my ability to use mates to heal and my poor Etoile was helpless. I only survived by being a coward. Feels bad.

You'll still use my way though right? ;<

No one has to know! O _O

@Milk Don't feel bad. The fight works as it was intended, which is pretty terrible to be honest.

@Zarozian said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

I did this to create a method that anyone can use to beat Phaleg. This method is the most forgiving of mistakes and it is even easier with level 1 hero.

Some stuff about this method:

1.You can make as many mistakes as you want and still succeed.

2.You only need one sword weapon.

3.You only need to spam one skill.

4.There is no need to dodge.

5.Takes 3 minutes.

And now those of you stuck against Phaleg can get 100% clear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKeMK0MSXmc

There will be no elitism in Ship-02 so come join us today! ;D

This is cap

@Yggranya

I see people on the forums laughing at anyone who can’t do it, literal mockery like “only idiots can’t beat it”, so it feels bad that I can’t.

@Zarozian

Aw I appreciate it but I want to earn it. There’s no reward for beating her, the only reward is a sense of accomplishment. Since I struggle in gaming, that’s a big deal for me.

There’s no reward for beating her

There is however a Phantasm's Emblem for getting an S rank, and 20 SG for every different class you beat her with (so 260 total available).

@Miraglyth said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

There’s no reward for beating her

There is however a Phantasm's Emblem for getting an S rank, and 20 SG for every different class you beat her with (so 260 total available).

Oh that’s neat! I’ll never be able to get all that SG, I’ll be happy even beating her once.

@Milk Yeah, but that's just what happens when something is designed to be "difficult". Then it's "i did it and you can't HAHAH!" and all that mocking trash, regardless of someone being unable to do it for one reason or another, or just unwilling. I'm sure it has existed before dark souls, but after dark souls basically every idiot started doing it at every opportunity. And if there is no opportunity, then they will go out of their way to create such an opportunity. As an example of these mooks behaviour on forums, when anyone complains about anything, they come out and say "too difficult? Casual trash ruining my fun! Making developers design thing to be too easy!" or something to that effect, even though it had absolutely nothing to do with difficulty. Yeah, it's truly despicable.

uhh again sorry for the confusion that 15min must have been masq, literally hes the only purpose i log in and play this past months

@Yggranya

I see people on the forums laughing at anyone who can’t do it, literal mockery like “only idiots can’t beat it”, so it feels bad that I can’t.

@Zarozian

Aw I appreciate it but I want to earn it. There’s no reward for beating her, the only reward is a sense of accomplishment. Since I struggle in gaming, that’s a big deal for me.

Yah see I look out for people like you. For people like you I go out of my way to help!

BECAUSE THAT'S THE WAY SHIP-02 DOES IT! UNLIKE ALL THESE ELITISTS HERE TRYING TO MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE! O _O

Only more proof that Ship-02 is best. = 3=

Won't lie, and not trying to sound rude, but this is why I'm glad there's going to be a larger gate of entry towards UQ's in New Genesis.

Primordial Darkness made it pretty clear too many people are just coasting through the game without any actual interest in playing at any respectable, end-game level, which puts additional pressure on those of us that do to work that much harder to clear the UQ in question in order to actually reap the rewards we actually intend to use.

I'm all for people getting to experience all the content, but when you have said content that's genuinely difficult, and you see topics like this where people just want to coast through it for the rewards, it does lead to basically making the experience far less enjoyable for everyone involved.

@Yggranya

@Zarozian

Yah see I look out for people like you. For people like ct I go out of my way to help!

But I wouldn’t be happy beating Phaleg this way, just like no matter how hard Monster Hunter is, I can’t cheese it either. I have to do it the genuine way, the way that makes you feel accomplished after a hard fought battle. I’m not good at videogames and I have nerve damage so it makes it harder to win but I want that tough battle just like everyone else. Could you make a video for that?

I look out for people like you.

UNLIKE ALL THESE ELITISTS

My sides! 😂

Theres no shame in not being able to beat phaleg nor some manditory thing saying you HAVE to. Regardless of whatever cheese strats exist these fights were made to be difficult to test player skill/challenge the player. I dont really care if you can cheese your way to masquerade whatever that strategy is. That wont take away from the intent of the fight to begin with. you can hate it for being bullshit and avoid it like the plague thats perfectly fine we all enjoy games differently. However pushing these cheese strats on others is wrong because again: wheres the fun in cheesing a fight that was meant to test player skill.

Its not elitism saying not to cheese phaleg.

Is the fight bullshit? Probably more towards the casual crowd who might have issues dodging and learning patterns yes, its perfectly understandable. That being said its possible to beat phaleg in under a minute with the gear we currently have so its certainly not impossible if your persistent and give it the old college try. Phaleg is a fun fight for those truly interested in a challenge.

Just dont push cheese strats on players and then call your opposition elitists , Its disgusting and im not impressed one bit.

@BlazeLatias said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

Is the fight bullshit? Probably more towards the casual crowd who might have issues dodging and learning patterns yes, its perfectly understandable. That being said its possible to beat phaleg in under a minute with the gear we currently have so its certainly not impossible if your persistent and give it the old college try. Phaleg is a fun fight for those truly interested in a challenge.

Yes, "challenge". But really, it's just a memory game like raids in other games. Once you know the patterns, you just go through the motions. Only problem with the fight for me is that the "difficulty" comes from nothing else but seeing how many times the developers can kill the player, just like raids in other games. At least they had the decency to make it painfully obvious.

I suppose you are free to call that skill. I'd rather actually fight with a chance to win with the appropriate gear and level without lame skills like iron will from the very first try. Possible? Perhaps, but i doubt anyone has succeeded in that without foreknowledge.