The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!

Phaleg reminds me of how I felt doing the Shinryu fight in ffxiv for the first time, completely numb from sensory overload. Her speed disorientates me and I find myself freezing up. But like any fight, it may take a very long time but the pieces eventually come together and I can see each step of the fight more clearly. It just takes practice-practice-practice. I will have to die over and over during each move until it becomes predictable and natural. I will never have the reaction times but if I learn the fight I can know what’s about to happen, that’s how I can play anything nowadays.

Can only beat Masq at lower depths, he sounds like a nightmare at 999!

@BloodyKyona said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

Can't speak on 999 as I doubt I'll even play the game long enough to get there (I don't have the attention span to do it that many times, especially with Primordial Ultimate coming given that I'm REALLY good at PD Sodom). The rest of the game I've played, and perhaps those thigns are harder for you, but not for me. Bottom line for me is that it's Phaleg's speed that gets me, and nothing else in the game is faster. I can overcome many other obstacles that others have trouble with. I'd say I'm better than 90% of people at Final Lament for instance, and I've mastered every phase of Primordial Darkness. I can do some things easily other people have trouble with, I know this. It's just when things get fast, I can't keep up, not with my hands anyway. If this were a holodeck and I used my whole body, sure, but my hands just shake too much when the speed makes my adrenaline pop. It took me a long time to figure out what the problem is but there it is. I'm mad at the fight and mad at my body for the issue.

I’m glad you do well at sodam, but in terms of difficulty it’s not a particularly difficult fight, the vast majority of phase 1 and 3 are just do as much dps as possible, theirs only really 1 or 2 attacks you really need to worry about, phase 2 is slightly harder, but it has a very limited move set, and it’s moves are pretty heavily telegraphed. The hardest thing at final lament is running in an under geared pug, if you run with an alliance or friends you can blitz through it.

Has harmless sayn said doing masq in divide solo (stage21-25) or solo Risk Realm will give you a much more realistic view of its difficulty at higher depths. Theirs a big difference between playing endless and doing good at endless, a lot of players can’t do a 1 lap clear solo, never mind getting to the third lap where it starts to get really hard

@BloodyKyona The trick on dodging phaleg is usually not reacting at the right time. But instead, you have to predict or count when she will attack. If you are trying to dodge based on reaction, you gotta be really good, but if you are counting and predicting it like a dance it gets a lot easier since she has the same pattern and timing.

It's kinda like the game of pressing the start of a clock and pressing the stop button after 60 seconds of not watching trying to get as close to the 0 milisecond countdown on a perfect 1 min xD

My biggest issues with Phaleg:

1: I'm a rod phantom, and she resists my only means of attack after the first phase.

As a Rod Phantom, here is how I S ranked Phaleg without pulling out a 2nd weapon:

Rabarta first phase, keeping close to circle faster than she can manage. You will still need to cast with timing to dodge carefully and detonate markers.

Because she can't resist ice, she goes into phase 2 resisting only Rod, still taking a fair amount of damage from Ilgrants. She will open phase 2 with a OHKO move that you must dash counter through. Pay attention to her vocal lines to know when dangerous attacks will arrive.

After some persistence, you should easily win. With an S rank. The type of clear people will actually ask for unlike this topic's suggested method.

I'm not sure, but a video game shouldn't really physically exhaust you, are you guys sure you shouldn't be trying to get in shape or something like that? I mean I get that adrenaline can get in the way of precision inputs sometimes, but that doesn't sound too healthy.

@Macmaxi said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

I'm not sure, but a video game shouldn't really physically exhaust you, are you guys sure you shouldn't be trying to get in shape or something like that? I mean I get that adrenaline can get in the way of precision inputs sometimes, but that doesn't sound too healthy.

Right? Why are we still debating on this though?

It mostly comes down to being to counter. She doesn't let up so it takes sometime getting use to the pattern.

Or just be an Etolie and cheese her lol.

@Zeke said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

It mostly comes down to being to counter. She doesn't let up so it takes sometime getting use to the pattern.

But it's a lot easier to do what I did in the video v .v.

But can Etoile actually survive her attacks? ;o

@Zarozian said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

@Zeke said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

But it's a lot easier to do what I did in the video v .v.

But can Etoile actually survive her attacks? ;o

https://i.imgur.com/hqzae0u.png

It should be enough.

Adrenaline can cause panic attacks, it has nothing to do with physical shape. A panic attack(I have them) can be mistaken as an actual heart attack, shaking hands or a lack of coordination is the tip of the iceberg. Mine are caused by GAD(generalized anxiety disorder) and a big trigger is simply sensory overload. I can overcome it but it takes practice and time.

Actually I've gotten into very good shape over the last two years. Besides, adrenaline production really has little or nothing to do with fitness.

Truth: I was on psych meds for many years. I earned a lot of side effects from them, many of them permanent, some getting worse over time... all years after I stop taking them. One, Concerta given to me over a misdiagnosis of ADHD (fake disease) caused tremors. Even over a decade later, those tremors have gotten far worse. There are dozens of other things those meds did to my body.

You wanna hear something real and serious? Never take psych meds. EVER. They are poison. Take it from someone who lost any chance at a good life because of them. I was entirely unable to improve myself AT ALL or even drop below 200 pounds while I was on psych meds. They are poisonous, deadly, worse than ANY illegal drug. It's only since I stopped taking psych meds and started taking a low dose of a certain specific highly illegal drug I probably can't speak of on here that I was able to take control of my life, get into shape (150 now, thin and attractive, no more frumpy nerd girl), and start living again.

Forget what they told you in school. Psych meds are the real drugs to avoid if you care about yourself at all.

Actually I've gotten into very good shape over the last two years. Besides, adrenaline production really has little or nothing to do with fitness.

Truth: I was on psych meds for many years. I earned a lot of side effects from them, many of them permanent, some getting worse over time... all years after I stop taking them. One, Concerta given to me over a misdiagnosis of ADHD (fake disease) caused tremors. Even over a decade later, those tremors have gotten far worse. There are dozens of other things those meds did to my body.

You wanna hear something real and serious? Never take psych meds. EVER. They are poison. Take it from someone who lost any chance at a good life because of them. I was entirely unable to improve myself AT ALL or even drop below 200 pounds while I was on psych meds. They are poisonous, deadly, worse than ANY illegal drug. It's only since I stopped taking psych meds and started taking a low dose of a certain specific highly illegal drug I probably can't speak of on here that I was able to take control of my life, get into shape (150 now, thin and attractive, no more frumpy nerd girl), and start living again.

Forget what they told you in school. Psych meds are the real drugs to avoid if you care about yourself at all.

That’s extremely dangerous advice you’re giving right now. I take medication and it helps me live a productive life, therapy and wishful thinking didn’t help me. Before I found the right combination, I couldn’t even walk to my mailbox. My former g/f got paranoid of her meds and stopped taking them, she killed herself many years ago. Any time I see reckless advice like this, it’s upsetting to put it lightly. There is no one size fits all solution for mental illness, the only advice you should be telling others for their own mental illness is to talk to a doctor.

@Milk said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

That’s extremely dangerous advice you’re giving right now. I take medication and it helps me live a productive life, therapy and wishful thinking didn’t help me. Before I found the right combination, I couldn’t even walk to my mailbox. My former g/f got paranoid of her meds and stopped taking them, she killed herself many years ago. Any time I see reckless advice like this, it’s upsetting to put it lightly. There is no one size fits all solution for mental illness, the only advice you should be telling others for their own mental illness is to talk to a doctor.

These synthesized meds destroyed my body. I can't in good conscience ever not stand against psych meds. Most illegal drugs are illegal only because they couldn't be patented, and are safer than the crap doctors prescribe. I lost years of my life because of these people and this industry. There is no changing my view on it, I have been far too hurt to ever give those people the benefit of the doubt. I may never be able to have a truly fulfilling life because of how many years it took to undo the damage the psych meds and shrinks did to me. I would sue, but there is no possible way to prove what did what anymore because they put me on literally dozens of different things over the years. The entire healthcare system of this country failed me outright, and I'm owed, and will never get what I'm owed. And that makes me angry and bitter to the extreme. Sorry, but I will always speak against psych meds.

@Milk said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

These synthesized meds destroyed my body. I can't in good conscience ever not stand against psych meds. Most illegal drugs are illegal only because they couldn't be patented, and are safer than the crap doctors prescribe. I lost years of my life because of these people and this industry. There is no changing my view on it, I have been far too hurt to ever give those people the benefit of the doubt. I may never be able to have a truly fulfilling life because of how many years it took to undo the damage the psych meds and shrinks did to me. I would sue, but there is no possible way to prove what did what anymore because they put me on literally dozens of different things over the years. The entire healthcare system of this country failed me outright, and I'm owed, and will never get what I'm owed. And that makes me angry and bitter to the extreme. Sorry, but I will always speak against psych meds.

Words can’t even express how angry I feel reading this. You have a right to do what you want to your own body but for the love of god, stop giving dangerous advice to people! Would you tell a diabetic to stop taking their insulin? No. I’m terribly sorry that you never received the help you needed from your doctor and they’ve failed you but all we can do is try again. You don’t think I’ve been let down by doctors before too? It took years and ups and downs to find something to help me. I’ve also been let down over physical ailments before. I’ve briefly mentioned I have nerve damage. I went through two years of tests and physical therapy and nonstop blaming or questioning me only for them to tell me they can’t fucking fix me. When I didn’t heal, they said it was in my head and ordered a test which required them to stick electric needles under my skin just to show I wasn’t lying. I’m bitter too, I’m angry I’ll never be the same again. Sometimes cures make you feel worse. But no matter how sorrowful I feel, I can only do what’s right for me, I have no right to tell people that medicine is bad.

My g/f had schizophrenia. In the end she couldn’t trust anything anymore. Not her doctors, not her host of therapists, not her mother and not me. She became so afraid that she was convinced even her medication couldn’t be trusted. Not all mental illness is the same. There’s being afraid to drive a car and then there’s cracking your head on a door. There is no one size fits all solution to treat mental illness. Would you say to give up on doctors to someone like this? The millions of people each year suffering from mental illness are not just you.

Stop.

That’s all I have to say on the subject.

PSO2 is sure one hell of a drug, how did we end up here