The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!

At lvl 130, Melon has 5390 phys Def, it can tank all her hits, including the seconde phase ones

I have to try with Melon then, my god the battle would be glorious! I still want to win with my main class, though.

@Milk said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

I still want to win with my main class, though.

Well time to run whistle then whenever it's up, but I wished they would have added Dusk weapons to Lament instead of Orb and Millionaire.

@Rida said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

At lvl 130, Melon has 5390 phys Def

That's a point, does Global have Conversion Roll yet? Melon would really benefit from it in that fight.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 If you mean UQ bosses, those long-winding one shots are designed for you to work together with your team to survive. The fact that the chance of cooperation in public games is really low isn't really the developers problem, although i'd prefer if they made a solo version for all UQs. UH persona sure didn't get even close to 2 shotting me as a hero, but i did my best to dodge the obviously hard hitting attacks. I've never tried a divide quest, and the only "stunlock" i've seen is Zeshraider endless stomp, which you can avoid with the quick recovery. Getting gangbanged against a wall is just the usual in games which have multiple opponent fights when the game isn't designed for that, least of all in solo, which techically isn't a "one-shot", although it still sucks.

Maybe I'm too old school but, Phaleg has the same patterns every time.

You just gotta memorize it like in old school games.

But I guess it's not necessary unless you were playing with a 300HP Fi with constant overload and get 1 shot if you get hit xD

@LyssaDhrak said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

Maybe I'm too old school but, Phaleg has the same patterns every time.

You just gotta memorize it like in old school games.

But I guess it's not necessary unless you were playing with a 300HP Fi with constant overload and get 1 shot if you get hit xD

Just take the easy way out. Nobody really has time to retry Phaleg over and over again. = 3=

@Zarozian On the bright side... SEGA is not asking me to put all my coins like in the god damn Metal Slug arcade machines xD

My biggest issues with Phaleg:

1: I'm a rod phantom, and she resists my only means of attack after the first phase. I'm absolutely no good with rifle whatsoever and katana phantom is trash. 2. Requires basically a 100% dodge rate since she can stun through phantom's iframes. She's too fast for me to dodge more than 90% of her attacks. You get punished for healing so that's out... 3. During the second phase, I get an adrenaline rush, which my body rejects outright. I get a near violent shaking in my hands and stop being able to play about 10 seconds after the phase begins.

Honestly, anyone mocking people for not beating Phaleg—even at Level 100—must be considered elitist tossers and should probably be shunned by the community. It is literally the most difficult thing to do in the game, even with all content released. I'm beating Omega Masquerade in 30 seconds now, still can't get past Phaleg. I can wreck Primordial Darkness and I do well in Final Lament, this is too much. I can solo Dark Falz Persona on XH but Phaleg is infinitely more difficult to overcome. Nothing in the game even comes close to the difficulty, even at Level 100.

@BloodyKyona said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

1: I'm a rod phantom, and she resists my only means of attack after the first phase. I'm absolutely no good with rifle whatsoever and katana phantom is trash. 2. Requires basically a 100% dodge rate since she can stun through phantom's iframes. She's too fast for me to dodge more than 90% of her attacks. You get punished for healing so that's out... 3. During the second phase, I get an adrenaline rush, which my body rejects outright. I get a near violent shaking in my hands and stop being able to play about 10 seconds after the phase begins.

Honestly, anyone mocking people for not beating Phaleg—even at Level 100—must be considered elitist tossers and should probably be shunned by the community. It is literally the most difficult thing to do in the game, even with all content released. I'm beating Omega Masquerade in 30 seconds now, still can't get past Phaleg. I can wreck Primordial Darkness and I do well in Final Lament, this is too much. I can solo Dark Falz Persona on XH but Phaleg is infinitely more difficult to overcome. Nothing in the game even comes close to the difficulty, even at Level 100.

Have you tried using katana on phase 1 then using rod on phase 2

I'm not good with katana on Braver OR Phantom. I'm a pure Rod Phantom. And with the problem I outlined above... I can't dodge 100% of the time, she can hit through iframes, and the adrenaline rush I get in the second phase causes an adverse reaction that causes terrible shaking because of how fast she is. That speed is just too much. I can keep up with everything else in the game pretty easily. I might have a chance if they didn't punish a) healing b) aerial attacks and c) resist my entire weapon. That is literally my entire playstyle, and she kills it. I can't do ground game well at all, and I'm usually healing due to not being able to dodge at 100%. Honestly, she would have been challenging enough without the extra handicaps that only punish players with certain styles. This fight really makes me angry. Once I got my Lightweave with top of the line augments I thought I'd end her quick and easy, nope, she still wrecks me in phase two.

@BloodyKyona said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

If you’re really struggling to use other weapons you can use your rod throughout the whole fight, she doesn’t become immune to the weapon just takes less damage. It wont be the fastest way to do it, but you can still beat her like that.

She can’t stun you through your iframes, if you’re getting stunned then you’ve miss timed your sidestep. When you’re on rod you also have tech stealth charge which gives you a full second of iframes with every cast, so if your having trouble timing your sidestep during the sidestep, you can start charging a tech just before she uses it and just use those iframes to avoid it. Healing is also very viable on phantom just make sure you have radiant resta craft, the one that boosts potency, and even with the healing reduction 2 or 3 ticks will take you back to full health, you just need to use it when she goes through a rest phase.

Nothing I can do to help with point 3.

While I’m not denying this is hard for some people this is no where near the hardest content in the game. You beating Masq in 30 seconds using only one weapons means you are doing a lower depth version of it. At higher depths he is a completely different animal, by the time you get to depth 999 you would of needed to master all your weapons, and do the entire run without getting hit once, has everything will hit you for 99,999. Also Endless is far harder especially once you hit lap 3, you have multiple stages where you can’t heal, mobs that hit like a truck, stage orders you need to meet, and heavy time limit that you are constantly working against.

You have damage bonus for Masquerade below depth 110 for using 15* weapons. The ones people should be dealing with should be the one in Risk Realms Extreme Quests and one that can show up in Divide Quest.

Can't speak on 999 as I doubt I'll even play the game long enough to get there (I don't have the attention span to do it that many times, especially with Primordial Ultimate coming given that I'm REALLY good at PD Sodom). The rest of the game I've played, and perhaps those thigns are harder for you, but not for me. Bottom line for me is that it's Phaleg's speed that gets me, and nothing else in the game is faster. I can overcome many other obstacles that others have trouble with. I'd say I'm better than 90% of people at Final Lament for instance, and I've mastered every phase of Primordial Darkness. I can do some things easily other people have trouble with, I know this. It's just when things get fast, I can't keep up, not with my hands anyway. If this were a holodeck and I used my whole body, sure, but my hands just shake too much when the speed makes my adrenaline pop. It took me a long time to figure out what the problem is but there it is. I'm mad at the fight and mad at my body for the issue.