The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!

I mean OPs video seems a lot more effort to pull off than doing a regular fight. You can just use SU and you wont even have to press a button if you really want easy mode. It still looked like you could have easily died there.

Back then the 90 second kills were done by Katana Bravers who literally just had to spam Counters.

@Macmaxi said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

Back then the 90 second kills were done by Katana Bravers who literally just had to spam Counters.

thats the point like you stated those are katana bravers, that requires real skill to pull off and i really admire those, huhh why do people always make an issue even on the smallest things, going for the easy way out is not helping in the long run.

Phaleg really tests your overall knowledge of your class and being able to get down her attack patterns. No offence but telling others to waste that long on a "cheese" strat does neither of that and wont help players learn to improve. The feeling of beating phaleg when you beat her with your best class finally is a good one (even if shes pretty easy now with endgame gear). I mean by all means you do you if you feel happy with doing that do so i wont force you to play the game differently. Just dont try and push that idea onto others just so they can beat phaleg without actually learning anything.

(this is aimed at the op)

@Rollhuh said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

thats the point like you stated those are katana bravers, that requires real skill to pull off and i really admire those

Yeah, i get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xzx0f9u6rk

@BlazeLatias I beg to differ mate, how do you think people cheesed climbing masq til 999 obviously more runs more time spent

@Macmaxi and for you thx for the humor, thats definitely not an easy way out almost forgot about that purple aura existed

so before this thread gets more intense, i apologize if i bring confusion regardless i repect thread purpose for providing an easy way out and everyone involved but still i dont think an easy way out is the way, cuz players who tends to walk that path will most likely entertain cheating.

I can’t beat her on my Etoile. 😞 I don’t have the reflexes so I keep getting hit and I can’t heal. I don’t want to cheese it, I want to win and feel like I earned it.

@Milk I tried it ones when it came out at about level 50-70 or something and got one-shotted before the fight even began. That was it since it was apparent what the fight was meant to be. Not intrested. Cheesing it is boring too, so no reason to bother. I'm sure i could do it one way or another, but meh, not worth the frustration.

@Milk said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

I can’t beat her on my Etoile. 😞 I don’t have the reflexes so I keep getting hit and I can’t heal. I don’t want to cheese it, I want to win and feel like I earned it.

You should only need reflexes while you’re learning the fight, nearly everyone of her attacks has a very distinctive audio cue, which gives you ample time to react, it’s just a case of learning which attack comes with each audio cue. If you’re playing with Japanese audio switch it to English, makes it a lot easier to learn the audio cues if you don’t speak Japanese. The only attack that doesn’t have an audio cue is when she does the dash backwards and forward across the arena, which she does a very noticeable bow before hand. Each attack has its own animation as well, so if you’re having trouble seeing them turn your damage numbers off from the menu,makes it far easier to see what she is doing.

nearly 15min fight rofl.

a nearly 15min fight

Duel starts with about 6:50 on the timer. How are you getting 15 minutes out of it?

You can just use SU and you wont even have to press a button if you really want easy mode.

That's not quite true; realistically you do need to use pet PAs.

That seems a ridiculous point until you remember the existence of Milloraj Dusk as an all-class harmonizer that allows you to clear Duel using pets with other classes. But for that to really work you need to set Summoner as the subclass because otherwise you're limited to pets' basic attacks and can't even make Marron explode. This means it's not really an option for scion classes.

I used Etolie and cheated with that class.

No regrets.

The objective of this fight isnt like "survive for x minutes" or "dodge x hits from the boss", its to defeat the boss, so i dont care what it takes to complete, i simply go there and defeat... Melon 125-130 (Ice element for extra damage)+ Rykros on Alter Ego, problem solved.

The only way to beat Phaleg, is to offer her a hug. She looks like she could use one.

lol do you think a nearly 15min fight is worth flexing? this is to encourage people not to rely on some cheap tricks but get good on their own ways

Fight wasn't even 15 minutes it was 3 minutes. = w=

Point is to not need reflexes or skills to beat Phaleg. = 3=

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

@Milk said in The Proper Way To Beat Phaleg!:

You should only need reflexes while you’re learning the fight, nearly everyone of her attacks has a very distinctive audio cue, which gives you ample time to react, it’s just a case of learning which attack comes with each audio cue. If you’re playing with Japanese audio switch it to English, makes it a lot easier to learn the audio cues if you don’t speak Japanese. The only attack that doesn’t have an audio cue is when she does the dash backwards and forward across the arena, which she does a very noticeable bow before hand. Each attack has its own animation as well, so if you’re having trouble seeing them turn your damage numbers off from the menu,makes it far easier to see what she is doing.

Great advice, thanks! I don’t play with English audio, I actually listen for Shiva’s attack in Lament UQ by the sound of one word but Phaleg is just too overwhelming to do that. I’ll switch the language and practice, then. If I can beat Masq then maybe I can beat her. I hope...

@Yggranya

I lasted about twenty seconds and then panicked because she cut off my ability to use mates to heal and my poor Etoile was helpless. I only survived by being a coward. Feels bad.