What happened to the small chibi outfits from JP?

@Zeke said in What happened to the small chibi outfits from JP?:

1st: If stopping people from sexualizing children is a deal breaker for you then that is quite telling.

BTW, if you ever imply I'm a pedo or supporter of pedos ever again I WILL MAKE YOU REGRET IT A HUNDRED TIMES OVER. It will be WAR. Do you understand? You will apologize and CEASE AND DESIST IMMEDIATELY. That is an ORDER. What you wrote is called LIBEL. It's LITERALLY ILLEGAL. You best watch yourself, kiddo. You're one sentence away from turning this into a legal battle. Try me. Maybe you'll be the one to fund my escape from America.

Actually, it's not even really an issue of people doing sexually inappropriate things with youthful looking chatacters, however much that remains a concern. And it's got even less to do with "western censorship" or whatever other soapbox serves as a usual go-to.

It's actually quite simple: most games, most game companies, and most regulations of media shy away from or even restrict/prohibit depictions of violence against children or depictions thereof. And let's face it: the life of an ARKS operative is a dangerous one; one that wouldn't exactly be a reasonable one for a child. It's just an area many people - regardless of region - try to steer clear of.

That's it. That's really it.

@ThirdChild-ZKI said in What happened to the small chibi outfits from JP?:

Actually, it's not even really an issue of people doing sexually inappropriate things with youthful looking chatacters, however much that remains a concern. And it's got even less to do with "western censorship" or whatever other soapbox serves as a usual go-to.

It's actually quite simple: most games, most game companies, and most regulations of media shy away from or even restrict/prohibit depictions of violence against children or depictions thereof. And let's face it: the life of an ARKS operative is a dangerous one; one that wouldn't exactly be a reasonable one for a child. It's just an area many people - regardless of region - try to steer clear of.

That's it. That's really it.

Actually, that is EXACTLY western culture censorship. By definition. It uses false arguments and ignorance to push an extreme conservative agenda that does infinitely more harm than good. NO GOOD WHATSOEVER comes out of censoring entertainment. Especially ironic given people want absolute freedom in REAL LIFE to say and do whatever they life. Should be the other way around, no limits in entertainment, limits in reality. It's just another way western society is backwards and simply clueless. It's all based on lies and playing to people's ignorance and feelings, all of which are invalid.

It's also telling that this is exclusively about girls.

FACT: SHORT DOES NOT EQUAL CHILD

That is the only thing that matters. This restriction doesn't protect children, IT HURTS LITTLE PEOPLE.

All of you conservatives are the same and it scares the hell out of me as a woman and lesbian. The conservative push as of late makes me fear for my life. I WILL NEVER STOP FIGHTING SUCH IDEALS.

@BloodyKyona said in What happened to the small chibi outfits from JP?:

1st: If stopping people from sexualizing children is a deal breaker for you then that is quite telling.

BTW, if you ever imply I'm a pedo or supporter of pedos ever again I WILL MAKE YOU REGRET IT A HUNDRED TIMES OVER. It will be WAR. Do you understand? You will apologize and CEASE AND DESIST IMMEDIATELY. That is an ORDER. What you wrote is called LIBEL. It's LITERALLY ILLEGAL. You best watch yourself, kiddo. You're one sentence away from turning this into a legal battle. Try me. Maybe you'll be the one to fund my escape from America.

Oh no a threat from an anonymous person over the internet. It's pretty much known why they got rid of the height slider and being a Karen won't change that truth. Those who "tried" fighting for it got their JP pso2 account leaked to pso2 forums and steam forums with their characters looking like children with sexualized outfits on.

It's all about puritan western censorship. It's well beyond ridiculous. All the arguments made in favour of height restrictions are complete and total bunk. I can't wait for whatever upheaval ends the "age of opinion"; sorry, but many opinions are in fact completely invalid (as few are based on facts or evidence). Trying to fight western culture is... not fun. It's maddening, but it has to fall sometime, so we all have to keep up the fight against conservative and authoritarian values.

2nd: Hardly any game studio or in general does what you're claiming they do. Basically false on all fronts. If you have such an issue with "western culture"(despite your assumptions of things being non-existent) why not just play the JP servers or move away from the west? You have options.

Posting again since you clearly ignored it. That will be the last bait I take. Was a juicy one i'll give you that.

@BloodyKyona First, I recommend dialing it back just a bit. I know it's a touchy subject, but it's entirely possible to have a conversation about it in a calm and civil manner. If nothing else, I know I'm at least capable of it, and I would imagine most others are as well, so if we ARE going to continue the discussion, we need to do so with a bit less hot-bloodedness.

Second, I said what I said actually taking into account FFXIV producer and director, Naoki Yoshida's very same sentiments on the matter, and FFXIV is a Japanese-made game, however much it may be a globally marketed product. So out goes the "western culture" standpoint. Really won't even bring Lalafells into it as it's simply another flavor of the very same argument.

Art imitates life, and believe me, that statement holds true in both good and bad ways, and there are good and bad ways to go about it. I believe there's nothing wrong with accurate depiction of historical events, even when they may touch upon old wounds, but even in doing so, I would not be okay with a frivolous or glorified depiction of less-than-pleasant things - historically true or realistically accurate - especially where and when children and/or child-like characters are involved, and I feel most people would share that sentiment.

Really, it's simply about drawing the line between artistic freedom and morality/ethics. Literally "what feels okay or not". Yeah, the line gets really grey sometimes, and there's a lot of different things that different people may have different opinions or levels of comfort with across different regions or cultures. . . see where I'm going with that one? One thing's for certain though, most just aren't too crazy about depictions of harm or violent threat to children, however much PSO2 personally has walked that line before.

And yes, I agree a short character doesn't inherently imply being a child - Io, Klariskrays, Sarah, and Stratos are testaments to that. But the costumes initially referred to are just that one step beyond those characters, and well past the "grey" of what may/may not be considered okay. And at its most simplest, the bottom line is (at least for the devs) to make a product that is as marketable as possible, and that can sometimes result in a much more narrow creative space/limitation than we end-users may know, understand, or even personally like. Like it or not, "okay for JP" just doesn't equal "okay for [the other 30+ countries that the Global version is marketed to]".

@Miraglyth There's a few AC scratch ones, the most obvious skip would be Young Harriette's outfit where they gave you the normal version but skipped the mini https://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-ac-scratch-sortir-break/ and re-run a few times when they do NPC costumes. There also the Airy Dress and Jinve Baori https://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-ac-scratch-hot-summer-festa/ that got re-runs during summer scratches. There is also the mini Aurora stuff and Rosey Princess stuff on valentines https://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-ac-scratch-sweet-bitter-pop/

@Zeke

"Why not just play the JP servers"

• Yeah, if playing JP servers was an option... I would rather play others games where censorship wasn't a thing.

Like Black Desert Online (Tamer & Shai) , Tera (Elin) , ArcheAge (Dwarf) , Final Fantasy XIV (Lalafell) , VRChat , Bless Unleashed (KEKW) , WoW (Dwarf) , Genshin Impact (Klee,Qiqi & more...) , Honkai Impact 3 , Blade & Soul (Lyn) etc... I can mention many others game where you can make a character or play as a loli & small character in EU/NA.

They could stonk by adding those minisuit or remove that stupid height restriction... just look at Klee release for Genshin Impact or Elin cases.

"If stopping people from sexualizing children is a deal breaker for you then that is quite telling."

You can still adapt your character to look like loli/petite in the Global "NA" version.

The minimum height in Global is 151cm (You can reduce the height by playing around with the neck slider.)

And in JP it around ~134cm or 133cm I can't remember the correct number but it was around there when I was testing the JP version.

eb0b9c19-7b59-428a-abd8-2645620ae060-image.png

Anyway, I'm enjoying playing with my loli/petite character in Global server... but it would be a plus if they remove this stupid restriction & add those minisuit.

(You can force your way to remove this restriction but it will put your account in danger since it break the TOS by modify the game files.)

@Ryoga said in What happened to the small chibi outfits from JP?:

@Milk said in What happened to the small chibi outfits from JP?:

We can’t have nice things because evil people exist

Except "because evil people exist" is just a cheap excuse here as those people can already do that. Everyone who thinks that these restrictions / removals are "necessary" while also not actively advocating for the overhaul / removal of auxiliaries is nothing but a hypocrite.

People can make anything twisted, they could sexualize a loaf of bread if they wanted. We have no control over their actions and they have all the freedom to ruin it for everyone else. I don’t agree with it but I don’t think it’s a cop out from the company, either. I would love the chibi maid outfit but we will never have it.

@Teasa

Aw your character is so cute! Very anime

@HarmlessSyan said in What happened to the small chibi outfits from JP?:

@Miraglyth There's a few AC scratch ones

Ah, most of those are recent and I was unaware of them. Thanks for the correction!

I do miss having my Mini dress(Rosey Princess mini crimson) C6E54FCB-B582-4B3B-B044-0FE9F7F2827E.jpeg wish the devs could add in some code so certain emotes were not usable while in the mini outfits but sadly that probably wouldn’t help/be good enough for some

Here is a group photo of some chibi outfits for the people that don’t know what we are talking about

FFA3C524-AF73-49A5-84D6-43A313FF9B88.png

@SaviorZero82 Majority of these outfits aren't lewd it just NA being NA with their censorship.

This post is deleted!

It's all about puritan western censorship. It's well beyond ridiculous. All the arguments made in favour of height restrictions are complete and total bunk. I can't wait for whatever upheaval ends the "age of opinion"; sorry, but many opinions are in fact completely invalid (as few are based on facts or evidence). Trying to fight western culture is... not fun. It's maddening, but it has to fall sometime, so we all have to keep up the fight against conservative and authoritarian values.

2nd: Hardly any game studio or in general does what you're claiming they do. Basically false on all fronts. If you have such an issue with "western culture"(despite your assumptions of things being non-existent) why not just play the JP servers or move away from the west? You have options.

1st: Short DOES NOT EQUAL child. Not in any way. World of Darkness has a vampire named Kemintiri, an ANCIENT at over 3000 years old, turned when she was about 23. She is 4' 6". I also have two friends who are that height, and they are full grown women. Let's NOT forget that half the females in ARKS are also SHORTER THAN THE HEIGHT SLIDER ALLOWS (Matoi, Klariskrays, Pati, Tia, Risa, and Stratos all fall under this category, AND MATOI IS THE OFFICIAL LOVE INTEREST OF THE PROTAGONIST). Your argument is bunk, it's false, and everyone who thinks like you is simply trying to force your twisted set-in-stone morality on other people. I'd bet a ten that you're anti-LGBT, too, because these things tend to go hand-in-hand. People who try to be morally conservative almost always end up being so. Your argument fails.

2nd: More than you think. Every word I said was a fact. You're the liar and the one pressing a bogus agenda here. And I would move out of this country if I had the resources to do so, but that requires having a skill another country has a DEMAND for as well as tens of thousands of dollars for moving expenses. I live in poverty because American capitalism basically took everything from me and never allowed me an opportunity because I'm autistic. I would love nothing more than to escape the HELL that is the United States, but I CAN'T.

Essentially, the height restriction is discrimination against shorter people AND little people / dwarves / whatever the proper word is (I don't know anymore, I don't do political correctness). You'd have better luck locking out "children" by barring flat-chested women, and even that would be discrimination.

Height isn't in NGS? Another reason I'm glad I'm not playing it. You see, I go the OTHER direction and make TALL girls, I have no intention of playing one that is average sized. I want height restriction removed to make myself TALLER, cuz I'm a tall-ish girl who likes other tall girls. Having fewer choices is not good character creation. Hell, I just told my significant other about this, and she said that even if she wanted to play, having no height slider at all in NGS is a deal-breaker. Everyone being the same height is lame and boring. This is what you censorship fans do, you make everything dull.

Honestly, if I have to choose between a dull world where everyone has to follow conservative rules and ideals or a world that allows people to create cartoon models that sexualize younger people, I'll take the latter. I would let every disgusting preference in before eliminating any of them from entertainment.

I can’t speak to the other characters on this list, but Matoi is definitely taller than the minimum height on global