What happened to the small chibi outfits from JP?

You could make yourself doll size and they are hilarious but i dont see them on global???

They don't allow small characters because pedo's would make into sexualized virtual children. Microsoft doesn't want to be associated with that group so they locked the height.

JP pso2 has plenty of them and many don't want them here.

@Zeke said in What happened to the small chibi outfits from JP?:

They don't allow small characters because pedo's would make into sexualized virtual children. Microsoft doesn't want to be associated with that group so they locked the height.

no confirmation this is a Microsoft decision it could easily be a SEGA Of Japan decision behind the scenes or the localisation team.

@Zeke The things the chibi outfit arent lewd.

And you can still make your character to look like a loli with the height restriction but it would be more easier if it was a bit lower.

Btw it not many but 50/50 and it just a minority who dont want them here.

It's all about puritan western censorship. It's well beyond ridiculous. All the arguments made in favour of height restrictions are complete and total bunk. I can't wait for whatever upheaval ends the "age of opinion"; sorry, but many opinions are in fact completely invalid (as few are based on facts or evidence). Trying to fight western culture is... not fun. It's maddening, but it has to fall sometime, so we all have to keep up the fight against conservative and authoritarian values.

Did you just say chibi = pedophile? Holy crap

@XBOX552 No no.... he was talking about peoples making small character just for the ERP stuff.

How are you not banned yet from the horrific stuff you post?

@XBOX552 said in What happened to the small chibi outfits from JP?:

Did you just say chibi = pedophile? Holy crap

No the ERP people. They flooded pso2 quite a bit. Doesn't matter if that isn't Sega's intention. The disgusting peeps will make them look as young as humanly possible and sexualize them.

Like I said they removed the height slider for a reason. It was gone even when closed beta first came out.

@BloodyKyona said in What happened to the small chibi outfits from JP?:

It's all about puritan western censorship. It's well beyond ridiculous. All the arguments made in favour of height restrictions are complete and total bunk. I can't wait for whatever upheaval ends the "age of opinion"; sorry, but many opinions are in fact completely invalid (as few are based on facts or evidence). Trying to fight western culture is... not fun. It's maddening, but it has to fall sometime, so we all have to keep up the fight against conservative and authoritarian values.

1st: If stopping people from sexualizing children is a deal breaker for you then that is quite telling.

2nd: Hardly any game studio or in general does what you're claiming they do. Basically false on all fronts. If you have such an issue with "western culture"(despite your assumptions of things being non-existent) why not just play the JP servers or move away from the west? You have options.

We can’t have nice things because evil people exist, that’s just how it goes. I wanted them too to make a Lalafell (ffxiv) version of my character but creeps ruin everything.

Do people still really think people don't/won't still say their characters are lolis and make their characters do inappropriate things with the minimum height we have in our version? Because the height changes aren't "that" big where you can't say they're children at both heights, like Quna was underaged at the beginning of the game (though I wish they didn't change it still, and this also affects the max height too btw).

People that are attracted to characters because they resemble children most likely would/still do this with the minimum height from our version. It's RP you could say anything about your character, that doesn't make it correct.

You could say your character is a living tissue box, doesn't change the fact they're not actually one.

@Milk said in What happened to the small chibi outfits from JP?:

We can’t have nice things because evil people exist

Except "because evil people exist" is just a cheap excuse here as those people can already do that. Everyone who thinks that these restrictions / removals are "necessary" while also not actively advocating for the overhaul / removal of auxiliaries is nothing but a hypocrite.

We do have several small outfits, obviously a ton of mini rappy costumes but also some reduced-size costume outfits here and there. I think one of the robot ones came from FRAME ARMS?

We don't have a few miniature outfits but the only ones I'm aware to have come from JP sets that have made it to Global at all yet are SG scratches such as Battlewear Selection II and Astral Guardian, and considering we had those two smushed together to fit into Global's release schedule it makes more sense to nix those to fit space than character outfits for Alma, Harriette, Elmir and friends.

Alright I'm dipping out of this. Been here long enough to know where these discussions go. Even the "Reee censorship" threads all got locked for one reason or another.

Peace