PSO2 NEW GENESIS STORY THEORY: You Are The Profound Darkness!

Honestly, I just thought it would be cool to be the Profound Darkness for once and wield it's power like how Matoi did.

We sort of got our wish at the end but our character had to be saved by three waifus instead. I would have liked it better if our actual character became the final boss and you had to play as Matoi or something to fight your out of control super boss self! And I don’t want to be a blob with eyeballs, I want that Butterfree look Matoi had goin’ on.

I mean if we had to beat up Profound Darkness Matoi, why couldn’t Matoi beat up Primordial Darkness us? Persona wasn’t enough, I wanted something much more dramatic.

Would this ruin the game? I don’t know, but the ending we got was pretty underwhelming for me.

@Milk said in PSO2 NEW GENESIS STORY THEORY: You Are The Profound Darkness!:

We sort of got our wish at the end but our character had to be saved by three waifus instead. I would have liked it better if our actual character became the final boss and you had to play as Matoi or something to fight your out of control super boss self! And I don’t want to be a blob with eyeballs, I want that Butterfree look Matoi had goin’ on.

I mean if we had to beat up Profound Darkness Matoi, why couldn’t Matoi beat up Primordial Darkness us? Persona wasn’t enough, I wanted something much more dramatic.

Would this ruin the game? I don’t know, but the ending we got was pretty underwhelming for me.

I don't think underwhelming is the right word. The right word might be incomplete. Like we didn't get an after story or hints as to what happened next. Episode 3's ending felt more like a complete ending though that was satisfying.

Which is why I think it would be more interesting if we became the profound darkness only to tip the scale back into balance between the dark and light. In NGS, you could say that the light has become oppressive so you gotta become the dark. = 3=

Which also reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFGw1RI0Kts

There he is. Mr. Final Fantasy. and we get to fight him as the warriors of darkness! ;D

While this is a Interesting plost twist, and I commend you on your creativity, There are certain things to consider. For one- The darkenss, regardless of what it is, Wehter it the profound darkness, Etc., Cannot exist without something opposite to it. Right? The darkness needs to have an equal amount of light in order to be co-existent. So just maybe, While the guardian ( aka - YOU.) is in slumber or cryo-stasis or whatever for 1000 years, It may be possible the balance between Darkness and Light has been disturbed once more, and in NGS, we are faced with balancing the two yet again.

@Zarozian said in PSO2 NEW GENESIS STORY THEORY: You Are The Profound Darkness!:

Which is why I think it would be more interesting if we became the profound darkness only to tip the scale back into balance between the dark and light. In NGS, you could say that the light has become oppressive so you gotta become the dark. = 3=

Would be fantastic to play the villain, especially one that is required to save the universe. I'd be shocked if a company like Sega were to put such a dark story in one of their top properties. They essenetially want it G rated (I have no clue where the M rating comes from, there is NOTHING mature in the actual PSO2 game, not one thing) because of how overly sensitive people are nowadays. Hell I doubt creators nowadays are capable of doing such a story.

@BloodyKyona Yeah, Tell me about it, Everyone is sensitive to just about everything, Less it be actual Sin, No one cares.

It's funny. I used to get ragged on for getting triggered by people actually directly bullying me to my face. Now those very same people start crying over thigns that have nothing to do with them. It's ridiculous. I've literally went from being a victim under the old ways of thinking to being considered a borderline bully now because I refuse political correctness out of hand. The world has gone crazy.

If these people went through HALF of what I go through, they'd be completely broken and babbling in a padded room.

In Sonic Adventure 2 we could choose to play the Dark story, we were definitely villains in that. I think Sega could pull it off.

In Sonic Adventure 2 we could choose to play the Dark story, we were definitely villains in that. I think Sega could pull it off.

But that's cartoon villain. This needs a truly dark telling, something on a twisted level.

Yeah.. no that's not going to happen, remember - there are too many "Sensitive" individuals who would complain about such a thing.

@Sakesubaki said in PSO2 NEW GENESIS STORY THEORY: You Are The Profound Darkness!:

While this is a Interesting plost twist, and I commend you on your creativity, There are certain things to consider. For one- The darkenss, regardless of what it is, Wehter it the profound darkness, Etc., Cannot exist without something opposite to it. Right? The darkness needs to have an equal amount of light in order to be co-existent. So just maybe, While the guardian ( aka - YOU.) is in slumber or cryo-stasis or whatever for 1000 years, It may be possible the balance between Darkness and Light has been disturbed once more, and in NGS, we are faced with balancing the two yet again.

I love your signature by the way. It's encompasses everything! ;D

I would like one just like it too! ;D

@BloodyKyona said in PSO2 NEW GENESIS STORY THEORY: You Are The Profound Darkness!:

But that's cartoon villain. This needs a truly dark telling, something on a twisted level.

Shiva was pretty dark without there being blood & guts or anything, they could go with a route like that. A supreme being of the universe that is out to destroy everything.

Sega sure isn’t afraid to sex up their game to levels even higher than comparable titles. The game isn’t wholesome and for minors or anything anyway. They could fit a darker theme in with their mature rating. Could take a page out of ffxiv’s Shadowbringers story, the hero turning into something dangerous.

@BloodyKyona said in PSO2 NEW GENESIS STORY THEORY: You Are The Profound Darkness!:

Shiva was pretty dark without there being blood & guts or anything, they could go with a route like that. A supreme being of the universe that is out to destroy everything.

Sega sure isn’t afraid to sex up their game to levels even higher than comparable titles. The game isn’t wholesome and for minors or anything anyway. They could fit a darker theme in with their mature rating. Could take a page out of ffxiv’s Shadowbringers story, the hero turning into something dangerous.

Oh yes absolutely. I actually kind of wished Warframe would make full use of their M-Rating as well but they really kept it PG-13. =/