Outfit colors, in particular AC/SG scratch and Fresh Finds outfits

Having played this game for a year I've noticed a lack of color variation in certain outfits. I can understand a part of the scratch experience is vying for the outfit with a particular color that you want, however outfit variants seem to be limited to just a few color schemes: Snow, Shadow, and Ruby are the most likely alternates. Only outfits that are purchased from the shopping plaza or obtained from the mission pass seem to have customizable colors for non-casts.

That being said, in most other games I like my characters to be wearing greens and yellows as those are among my favorite colors. The only time I can have a green or yellow outfit in the game seems to be if that is that outfit's base color, or I get an outfit on mission pass or the shopping plaza and use a color change pass in the solon. It might not be a breaking point, but it does hurt that I cannot customize my character the way I want to.

With the graphics update, you can change both the main and sub-color of N-Type (ie. the ones that use NGS-type bodies) Outerwear, Basewear, Setwear (ie. one piece costumes that technically count as a Basewear that cannot equip an Outerwear), and Innerwear, but it does require the use of an N-Color Change Pass, which as of right now on the JP server are exclusively obtained via Scratch Bonuses (though I imagine that once NGS launches, there will be other ways to obtain them).

There are still some parts of the costumes that cannot be recolored, but it seems that they will be releasing some costumes as Standard and B variants that serve as color variants of those non-recolorable parts.

For example, you have N-Chic Jaeger [Se] and N-Chic Jaeger /B [Se]:

N-Chic-Jaeger-B-Se-Colors.png

On N-Chic Jaeger [Se] you can change the red and orange portions, but the white armor-bits cannot be changed, and on N-Chic Jaeger /B [Se] the red and pink can be changed, but the black armor-bits cannot.

Also, it should be noted that are releasing multiple versions of the outfits in the Scratch, indicated as 2, 3, and 4 (for example, there is N-Chic Jaeger /2 [Se] and N-Chic Jaeger /B 2 [Se]), that come in different colors, but they can all be recolored in the exact same way, essentially allowing you to have multiple copies of the same outfit that you can recolor as you please, as long as you have some N-Color Change Passes.

The first JP NGS CBT did allow you to change the colors of normally non-recolorable PSO2-classic costumes, but there is a chance that it was just a bug as the option was not available with the graphics update's release.

@MakotoMouse said in Outfit colors, in particular AC/SG scratch and Fresh Finds outfits:

Having played this game for a year I've noticed a lack of color variation in certain outfits. I can understand a part of the scratch experience is vying for the outfit with a particular color that you want, however outfit variants seem to be limited to just a few color schemes: Snow, Shadow, and Ruby are the most likely alternates. Only outfits that are purchased from the shopping plaza or obtained from the mission pass seem to have customizable colors for non-casts.

That being said, in most other games I like my characters to be wearing greens and yellows as those are among my favorite colors. The only time I can have a green or yellow outfit in the game seems to be if that is that outfit's base color, or I get an outfit on mission pass or the shopping plaza and use a color change pass in the solon. It might not be a breaking point, but it does hurt that I cannot customize my character the way I want to.

I, ironically after the release of the most recent Scratch, came to say something similar. It's been bugging me for a while, especially as I usually use the pink color variant which does exist for a lot of these outfits, but having been excited for some of the outfits in the latest Designer Dream, I was really looking forward to certain colors that just... aren't here.

From what I could tell, Japan had some of the Design Scratches split up into three different ones, but they always kept all 6 colors together. I don't know why the Global version is giving us only 2-3 color options of each outfit, but it's incredibly upsetting.

And this definitely extends to Fresh Finds where I've been constantly watching for the Lorette Beldia outfit to appear in Pink, which I own on the Japanese server, and it has not shown up in that color 😕 Like just make it so we can pick which color of all the options we want on Fresh Finds then at the least...

@AndriCh While it's great that NGS will offer more customizability, there's still outfits I know I love from the past game and would still like to use regardless. Not to mention I'm nervous about how easy it'll be to earn those color passes if they seem to only be as Scratch Bonuses now for one, but also due to how much of a mess Star Gems have been in the Global release 😕

Just to add onto this... Have other colors of any of the Mission Pass outfits shown up yet either? 😕

@Princesse-Jen said in Outfit colors, in particular AC/SG scratch and Fresh Finds outfits:

Just to add onto this... Have other colors of any of the Mission Pass outfits shown up yet either? 😕

You can use a color change pass to change it yourself?

@Yggranya Yeah, but there are several variants of those costumes where the static-color parts are different colors; for example, there are Night, Crimson, Leaf, and Sky versions of Heartbreaker where instead of black with a red tie, they are purple w/pink tie, red w/yellow tie, green w/lime tie, and blue w/yellow tie, but they all have the same re-colorable spots (the parts that are yellow on the regular Heartbreaker in this image):

heartbreaker.png

@Yggranya said in Outfit colors, in particular AC/SG scratch and Fresh Finds outfits:

@Princesse-Jen said in Outfit colors, in particular AC/SG scratch and Fresh Finds outfits:

You can use a color change pass to change it yourself?

Besides what AndrlCh said/pointed out, not all items are possible to color change, especially a lot of earlier items, such as the GH410 Ossoria. One of my all-time favorite items, but if you look at the details of it, you'll see it has no color box which means a Color Change Pass doesn't work for it either.

Just bumping this up again after another update where half the other colors are just White or Black along with one color option instead of giving us all 6 😞