Petition: Sega, please reconsider your stance on PSO2 titles carrying over into NGS.

Titles reflect your accomplishments. As PSO2 and New Genesis are using the same launcher and same character, your PSO2 titles should be able to carry into NGS.

Your reason, Sega, is that titles are a form of character progression. This is true. However, the way you've set this up, there is very little reason for the two games to be together in one launcher-- very little of import carries between them and only accessories carry over without a major caveat. If you want PSO2 to carry the downtime between content patches in NGS, you need to give players at least one reason besides curiosity to want to boot up PSO2.

The titles are one way you can do this, with almost no development cost on your end. Simply make sure the PSO2 title is available in NGS-- NGS titles do not have to be available in PSO2-- and the new titles for similar NGS classes/accomplishments can have a qualifier like N or NGS.

Prestige is a very real motivator for players. Please consider letting us carry at least this form of prestige over. I guarantee you will see more engagement with both games as a result. There are many players that bought and played Guild Wars 1 to get the titles and other misc rewards that carry into Guild Wars 2, and those were literally separate games with separate price tags.

This post is deleted!

You've seemed pretty decent and reasonable in just about every other thread I interacted with you in, so I cannot fathom why you'd randomly drop into this thread unprovoked not to debate, not to contend, but just to be a dick about a point that wasn't meant to be taken that literally.

Do you really think I meant "THE ONLY REASON THESE PEOPLE BOUGHT GW1 IS TO GET A TITLE IN GW2?" But you know, even beyond that, most of the prestige rewards from Guild Wars 1 don't just take a casual investment in the game, it takes perfecting and grinding for months on end. That's not something someone who just wants to see the story goes and friggin' does, and a LOT pf people have these rewards.

So maybe, just maybe, my example was actually fine, and you can take your unconstructive nonsense elsewhere.

@_Flux_ If you want to say that "many people" bought a game just for titles and random rewards that are for a completely different game, you better expect me to call you out on it. I mean, if you don't mean what you say, don't say it.

@_Flux_ PSO2 and NGS titles have to be separate for progression reasons. There's PSO2 titles that unlock end game items depending on the total number of titles the player has, it's likely that NGS could have similar titles in the future, and if so, PSO2 players would have an unfair advantage due to already having hundreds of titles.

Also the majority of the PSO2 titles are specific to the current PSO2 (like beating bosses that only exist on PSO2), there's no point in having access to those on NGS, and the rewards from PSO2 titles are mostly items that are only usable in PSO2.

@Yggranya said in Petition: Sega, please reconsider your stance on PSO2 titles carrying over into NGS.:

@_Flux_ If you want to say that "many people" bought a game just for titles and random rewards that are for a completely different game, you better expect me to call you out on it. I mean, if you don't mean what you say, don't say it.

I said exactly what I mean. You could have chosen to come in actually willing to discuss the topic, but you chose what you did in your original reply.

However, at this stage it's like 10+ hours ago, and dragging it out is meaningless. I'd like to talk about titles, because some of them you work really damn hard for, and it'd be super cool-- and cost Sega very little-- to make them available to use in NGS.

@Ezodagrom said in Petition: Sega, please reconsider your stance on PSO2 titles carrying over into NGS.:

@_Flux_ PSO2 and NGS titles have to be separate for progression reasons. There's PSO2 titles that unlock end game items depending on the total number of titles the player has, it's likely that NGS could have similar titles in the future, and if so, PSO2 players would have an unfair advantage due to already having hundreds of titles.

Also the majority of the PSO2 titles are specific to the current PSO2 (like beating bosses that only exist on PSO2), there's no point in having access to those on NGS, and the rewards from PSO2 titles are mostly items that are only usable in PSO2.

The PSO2 titles would (and should) be purely cosmetic in NGS and not count towards any number; they can restrict the counts to NGS titles pretty easily I'd think (having them in a separate category perhaps). Anything they want to reuse an old title for they can qualify with an N or an NGS or something. Fit to be a Hero vs. Fit to be a Genesis Hero or Fit to be an NGS Hero for example (Bear with me here, the Hero title is just the first thing that came to mind).

I don't think there is any unfair advantage to anyone provided those compromises. A title is a title, you only care about them as much as you choose to care about them, and as NGS is attached to the hip to PSO2, earning the non-limited titles (limited titles can and should remain limited; I don't consider that unfair either) should one want is available to anyone willing to simply switch to the PSO2 blocks.

Regardless, PSO2 players do have a pretty storied history with their characters, some of us going back 10 years, it'd be nice to be able to run a title that says "I've been around a while, I have serious memories with this character, here's something I did."

This isn't something unprecedented or unreasonable I'm pushing; there are plenty of games that have done this, and I think Sega would want to do everything they can to encourage people to play both games, not just PSO2 or NGS. They have more engagement, make more money and everyone wins.

@_Flux_ said in Petition: Sega, please reconsider your stance on PSO2 titles carrying over into NGS.:

This isn't something unprecedented or unreasonable I'm pushing; there are plenty of games that have done this,

It might actually be more unreasonable than you think and the games that have done "similar" stuff were likely doing very different stuff behind the scenes.

From what I understand players can only access their PSO2 inventories in NGS's Town which limits how often inventory info needs to be shared/converted between the PSO2 servers and NGS servers. Sharing title info on the other hand would require more constant contact between the two.

and I think Sega would want to do everything they can to encourage people to play both games, not just PSO2 or NGS. They have more engagement, make more money and everyone wins.

I think they don't actually want people to play both. The linked nature of PSO2 and NGS is more about not splitting the existing playerbase into PSO2 players and NGS players (and therefore crippling both games) and not upsetting the existing PSO2 players by shutting down the servers.

@ultimatecalibur said in Petition: Sega, please reconsider your stance on PSO2 titles carrying over into NGS.:

It might actually be more unreasonable than you think and the games that have done "similar" stuff were likely doing very different stuff behind the scenes. From what I understand players can only access their PSO2 inventories in NGS's Town which limits how often inventory info needs to be shared/converted between the PSO2 servers and NGS servers. Sharing title info on the other hand would require more constant contact between the two.

I don't know how the code and server structure behind the scenes actually works, so very well-- I'll refrain from making hard calls on the difficulty of a task. But just from my limited viewpoint, it doesn't seem like it'd be that difficult; they already carry over a multitude of other things you've unlocked.

Either way, the actual logistics of it aren't my problem. If Sega's dev team sees enough demand, they'll figure it out one way or another I'm sure. It'd be nicer to know if this is something people want rather than what people think is possible because what use is the latter feedback when we don't even work for Sega?

@ultimatecalibur said in Petition: Sega, please reconsider your stance on PSO2 titles carrying over into NGS.:

I think they don't actually want people to play both. The linked nature of PSO2 and NGS is more about not splitting the existing playerbase into PSO2 players and NGS players (and therefore crippling both games) and not upsetting the existing PSO2 players by shutting down the servers.

Plausible, given all the caveats between how the two games connect, but they've clearly made compromises and sacrifices to make this happen (building a new engine around an old game alone is a logistical nightmare I'd want to avoid) so I see anything that makes use of that connection as a boon. But that's just me.

@_Flux_ What's there to discuss? Sega is going to do what sega is going to do regardless of a single random players feedback. So you want the titles for the sake of fluff? It may not cost much effort (but really, how would YOU know that?), but neither does it add anything for sega. What ever you gain from it is trivial.

@Yggranya If you play any MMOs at all, you would know how powerful a motivator prestige and completionism are. Engagement is everything to these games, and this is one easy way to increase it.

And I'm sure veteran players who, say, got all their classes to 100, or managed to snag 2000 likes, would love to have the title they earned carry over into NGS, just like they'd like their cosmetics to. And I would know at least that it'd have to be easier than the cosmetics and weapons due to just being strings in a database with no visual assets, balance or body compatibility to worry about.

You know what, though? Forget it. The writing's on the wall, because if a request is met with this kind of resistance and absolutely zero support, then there's no chance Sega will care in the first place.

Thanks for engaging, everyone. Have a good one.

@_Flux_ said in Petition: Sega, please reconsider your stance on PSO2 titles carrying over into NGS.:

You know what, though? Forget it. The writing's on the wall, because if a request is met with this kind of resistance and absolutely zero support, then there's no chance Sega will care in the first place.

Because there's far more important things than carrying over titles that are mostly incompatible into NGS (by incompatible I mean they can't be achieved on NGS). Plus having both sets of titles available in both sides would just add unnecessary confusion to new players.

It's not like the titles will be gone when NGS releases anyway, just go through a loading screen into the PSO2 mode and the titles are there.

@_Flux_ Sorry for bursting your bubble. The fact that you feel some accomplishment from doing chores is one thing but i highly doubt many people are interested in accumulating them, and are even less interested in whatever points/rewards/titles someone else has.

I for one am, and I have respect for those who earned prestigious titles. But hey I quit the game months ago, and only come here looking for NGS info anymore. Looks like I should stop caring about NGS too if simple honest suggestions get shot down this hard.

But then again I get annoyed that everyone in this community is so far up sega's ass that they can't see the light of day or how badly they are treating their own fans. So feel free to ignore me for how long it takes sega's community managers to delete my dissent.

@Greiger Disliking an unnecessary suggestion isn't anything new. Still, if the only reason for you to play a game is gathering points/titles/rewards to compare the size of your member with others so inclined, i'm sure they are going to add more titles to get. You should pull your head out of your own ass to see the obvious with a bit more clarity. Take heart, i'm sure you can report this and get it removed out of spite if you wish.

@Yggranya said in Petition: Sega, please reconsider your stance on PSO2 titles carrying over into NGS.:

Disliking an unnecessary suggestion isn't anything new.

Most people would've made their point and moved on, because this was a minor ass QoL suggestion and not nearly worth this kind of BS. But for some reason you've shat all over this thread from the start, offering NOTHING but thinly concealed insults, and you continue even though the discussion is over.

If your post is removed, it won't be his fault, it'll be mine, because you're clearly just trolling now and I'm through with it.