How do I go about creating Symbol Arts?

I've seen a lot of people using custom Symbol Arts around lobbies and I was wondering how they created those and set them up? It's one thing I was having issues figuring out

Use the symbol art editor: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?215777-Symbol-Art-Editor-EN-Version

If you don't want to use a third-party tool, you have to do it all manually in-game.

How are players currently importing/using their custom symbol art in PSO2 NA..?

o/ =^.^=

@KnightHarb1nger said in How do I go about creating Symbol Arts?:

o/ =^.^=

We make them! I lead a group of artists and we do commissions for players. You may have seen some of mine around like Surprised Pikachu, buff Pooh, Peter Griffin hurt knee, General Grievous, and others. It takes time to do.

@Duchess-May said in How do I go about creating Symbol Arts?:

o/ =^.^=

We make them! I lead a group of artists and we do commissions for players. You may have seen some of mine around like Surprised Pikachu, buff Pooh, Peter Griffin hurt knee, General Grievous, and others. It takes time to do.

Absolute RESPECT! For both the time and skillz.

o/ =^.^=

o/ =^.^=

In the Pc version you could just import the picture vi the 3rd party app. For xbox I heard you could make the picture and export import but I don't believe you actually can, not yet anyways. Did my alliance art in about 6 hours, wish only the flag one would just shrink it instead of zoom in. So who knows how long that one is going to take me.

A lot of the original ones you see are just hard dedication and persistence. Without symbol lock others just change and tweek different things to get different art.

Still much respect to those that really bring out the limits of these simple art tools. BTW, I highly recommend using a mouse over the controller. Was a lot easier after I found out, sadly after the 6hr one.

I just posted a video that shows my process (time-lapse) of making a Symbol Art. There's a lot of experimentation involved, and just eyeballing it. I made it in PSO2JP, since I don't have an XBox One. https://youtu.be/IrTbsXr3dsg

@ERICK001BC said in How do I go about creating Symbol Arts?:

o/ =^.^=

In the Pc version you could just import the picture vi the 3rd party app. For xbox I heard you could make the picture and export import but I don't believe you actually can, not yet anyways. Did my alliance art in about 6 hours, wish only the flag one would just shrink it instead of zoom in. So who knows how long that one is going to take me.

A lot of the original ones you see are just hard dedication and persistence. Without symbol lock others just change and tweek different things to get different art.

Still much respect to those that really bring out the limits of these simple art tools. BTW, I highly recommend using a mouse over the controller. Was a lot easier after I found out, sadly after the 6hr one.

Mouse AND controller and it's way faster. Also with keyboard. Utilise Ctrl+C/V (copy/paste) Z/Y (undo/redo) N (insert new layer on top of current selected). Use controller for quickly hiding layers and micro precision adjustments (like counting how many times to resize text layers for consistency). The right controller stick is also great for panning whilst using the mouse to move layers simultaneously when zoomed in to 500%.

@Duchess-May

Yes, I was using zoom 400% but it is a must.

@Jay6x said in How do I go about creating Symbol Arts?:

and just eyeballing it.

Would be really nice if the 500% zoom was 1:1 like it is in image editors. But PSO2's zoom level is 2-3 pixels smaller at 500% zoom:

alt text

I been seeing some high class art lately. I think there is a program, maybe the old editor, 3rd party out there now.

@ERICK001BC said in How do I go about creating Symbol Arts?:

I been seeing some high class art lately. I think there is a program, maybe the old editor, 3rd party out there now.

Old editor crashes if I use random simulation on 32x32 / small: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?215777-Symbol-Art-Editor-EN-Version&p=3475727

And block art can't correctly grab an image the same pixel size as it's meant to. Would've been really nice if they could switch to XML / vector / SVG instead, since that's just code.

@coldreactive Damn I was holing off on the small alliance flag because I had hope it would work. Thank you, guess It's going to be another 6 hours creating.