It occurs to me: Steel weapons and Klauz units are not worth the effort in Global

@Zeke said in It occurs to me: Steel weapons and Klauz units are not worth the effort in Global:

@NIC said in It occurs to me: Steel weapons and Klauz units are not worth the effort in Global:

@Zeke said in It occurs to me: Steel weapons and Klauz units are not worth the effort in Global:

The Lightweave weapon should be the only thing you're grinding. It's the most powerful in pso2 with no signs of new weapons coming after it.

The units are a hit and miss. Everyone wants the back with 120 base stats. The other two, arms and legs, hardly give enough to justify a grind for them.

Bruh, all 3 units are good. Cras arms off 220 Hp, the most HP out of any unit besides rappy shiny, which is a meme. Cras legs provide 30 PP, the most PP out of any unit.

Sure if that's what you're after. There are players that are focusing pure attack than anything else regardless of the health or PP bonus.

I mean, saying "I'm focusing pure attack" and "these units might suck" are 2 completely different things. Even ignoring that going "pure attack" is one of the biggest noob traps outside of like, time attack speedrunning, so many classes use Ph sub that not investing in PP would make you deal less damage. On top of that so many classes are PP hungry, and why would you not invest in Hp in UH content? The only class that shouldn't invest in HP is SU.

@NIC said in It occurs to me: Steel weapons and Klauz units are not worth the effort in Global:

The Lightweave weapon should be the only thing you're grinding. It's the most powerful in pso2 with no signs of new weapons coming after it.

The units are a hit and miss. Everyone wants the back with 120 base stats. The other two, arms and legs, hardly give enough to justify a grind for them.

Bruh, all 3 units are good. Cras arms off 220 Hp, the most HP out of any unit besides rappy shiny, which is a meme. Cras legs provide 30 PP, the most PP out of any unit.

Sure if that's what you're after. There are players that are focusing pure attack than anything else regardless of the health or PP bonus.

I mean, saying "I'm focusing pure attack" and "these units might suck" are 2 completely different things. Even ignoring that going "pure attack" is one of the biggest noob traps outside of like, time attack speedrunning, so many classes use Ph sub that not investing in PP would make you deal less damage. On top of that so many classes are PP hungry, and why would you not invest in Hp in UH content? The only class that shouldn't invest in HP is SU.

Sucking and saying not worth the grind are two very separate things.

Sucking and saying not worth the grind are two very separate things.

what's your point here?

Merely correcting what the person claim I said.

Well, then the back and leg Klauz units should be a must for such a player, with the back giving 120 of each attack and the leg giving 80 of each attack + 30 PP (while it's 10 less attack than the atlas units, the extra PP is worth it).

@Ezodagrom said in It occurs to me: Steel weapons and Klauz units are not worth the effort in Global:

Well, then the back and leg Klauz units should be a must for such a player, with the back giving 120 of each attack and the leg giving 80 of each attack + 30 PP (while it's 10 less attack than the atlas units, the extra PP is worth it).

Yeah im seeing a lot of Back/Leg Klauz equipped with an atlas or rivalate for arms.

If atlas units dropped more often they would still be better than Klauz if you want raw damage (but since they don't, having a way to get klauz units even with bad rng makes them useful still). Because I calculated it with the set effect factored in and 3 Atlas units give 10 more power than 3 Klauz units.

I agree with the topic title for weapons (even still I dont care to make the Klauz units but if I get one in a drop cool), soon enough we should be getting Fluxio and the Fluxio reskins. I'll be perfectly happy with those instead of bothering with Klauz even.

Um... Worth it or not, I started playing a bit more casually now and I pretty much see myself getting them. Maybe not right now on this precise instant but it looks like something simple. If you think on a 2 or 3 month time, you can just play normally and eventually somehow end up with the mats for them and by that time you just augment transfer the affixes from your trailblazer and that's it one piece has been completed. :3 Having an end goal seems like a feasible thing to do on a game to keep you going.

@Riesz said in It occurs to me: Steel weapons and Klauz units are not worth the effort in Global:

If atlas units dropped more often they would still be better than Klauz if you want raw damage (but since they don't, having a way to get klauz units even with bad rng makes them useful still). Because I calculated it with the set effect factored in and 3 Atlas units give 10 more power than 3 Klauz units.

There's no set effect though, each unit has its own individual stats, which would mean that back and leg klauz + arm atlas would be a better offensive combo than 3x atlas (while leg atlas would have 10 more ATK, the 19 more PP from klauz is more important than something as low as 10 ATK).

Divide isn't for "Top tier" players only, my dude.

I said SOLO Divide is for top tier only, and it is. I'm a VERY good player and can do 90% of the stuff in this game WELL, and while I can advance the stages in Divide, I can't actually even S rank the bosses much less kill them. Hence I said "top tier solo or have a good group". I don't have the latter because a) I've encountered far too much bad behaviour from other players who talk down to you for not doing everything their way, b) the few Alliances I tried to get into either wouldn't tolerate my autistic moments or had right wingers that would constantly be saying things to trigger me. As such I only really play with my significant other, but she's only about 75% of my skill level so we can't duo the things I can't solo.

If you think on a 2 or 3 month time, you can just play normally and eventually somehow end up with the mats for them and by that time you just augment transfer the affixes from your trailblazer and that's it one piece has been completed. :3

The very thought of grinding for two or three months for ANYTHING makes me angry beyond words. It's bad game design called "pointless busy work".

Solo Divide is fun even if I’m not very good at it. I can’t ever get a good grade on the final boss but I can S rank killing multiple enemies. Still get rewards even if we suck, I like that.

@Milk True, but Modules above three a week are not among those rewards, and the only really useful thing to get in Divide other than frags and crystals. Honestly, I'm baffled we can't buy the modules in the Divide Medal shop. Would make far more sense than the current system.

@BloodyKyona said in It occurs to me: Steel weapons and Klauz units are not worth the effort in Global:

Divide isn't for "Top tier" players only, my dude.

I said SOLO Divide is for top tier only, and it is. I'm a VERY good player and can do 90% of the stuff in this game WELL, and while I can advance the stages in Divide, I can't actually even S rank the bosses much less kill them. Hence I said "top tier solo or have a good group". I don't have the latter because a) I've encountered far too much bad behaviour from other players who talk down to you for not doing everything their way, b) the few Alliances I tried to get into either wouldn't tolerate my autistic moments or had right wingers that would constantly be saying things to trigger me. As such I only really play with my significant other, but she's only about 75% of my skill level so we can't duo the things I can't solo.

If you think on a 2 or 3 month time, you can just play normally and eventually somehow end up with the mats for them and by that time you just augment transfer the affixes from your trailblazer and that's it one piece has been completed. :3

The very thought of grinding for two or three months for ANYTHING makes me angry beyond words. It's bad game design called "pointless busy work".

Solo divide isn't top tier shit at all, friendo.

Divide quest is scaled to number of players, some objective stages may be harder with less people to go around to explore and do pick ups, but boss fights should not be that much harder than with a group - for the final stage the attack buff is even applied right at the beginning rather than 1:30 into the step.

Unable to do this content because you can't find a group is hardly an excuse. And yes, to get module drops from bosses you need to actually beat them.