It occurs to me: Steel weapons and Klauz units are not worth the effort in Global

Seeing all the Modules needed, and the fact that the release has happened so fast we barely got any time to farm them, I have to say I don't find these items worth getting. Then there is Steel's potential, which is one of the worst in the game... if you get hit once, it all goes away, meaning only PERFECT players should ever use Steel. Literally the worst weapon series in the game as far as I see. If you can play perfectly, gratz on you, but 99.999999999% of players can't. I could out damage anyone with Steel using my Rivalrate on Phantom if they can't dodge 100%.

As for Klauz units, Trailblazer is almost as good in all three slots and infinitely easier to obtain. Given it is easy to hit 260+ PP with Trailblazer, I see no reason to bother trying to buy Klauz units. They only seem worth getting if you get a lucky drop from Primordial Darkness. It's the Modules, which you need dozens of but only get one at a time (three a week for Divide if you can do it enough). I can see how it worked differently in Japan as they had more development and farming time, but in Global, they just are not good investments when you can get something barely weaker at all for way less.

You're right about Steel weapons not being worth the effort (I was hoping that they would release them with reduced costs on global like they did with the Yamato weapon upgrades but nope, dead weapon series is dead I guess), unless you already have everything worthwhile and really want the weapon skin, but wrong about the Klauz units. Ignoring the fact that Klauz units are BiS for almost every build in some way (and probably stay that way for the foreseeable future) there are also some thresholds you can only reach with Klauz units without ruining certain "gear builds" in the process.

Klauz is definitely worth it, but I'm probably not going to try crafting them since I get by just fine with trailblazer. But if one drops for me I'm definitely going to go all out and switch over to it.

I'd certainly use it if it drops, but I have no intention of even attempting to build them through Zig. I have less than a dozen Modules except for Shiva's, it would likely take me another three months just to buy one unit because I don't have time to obsessively grind Divide. Building Klauz units are for people without responsibilities who can play 16 hours a day, or are whales and sell AC stuff to buy the Modules. For the rest of us, it's just not worth it. I feel the drop rate on the Modules is just too low.

Ok...? Then don't get it. Some people need something to work towards to keep playing and Klauz units are still the best units in the game.

As for steel weapons - they were there when divide quest came out before Rivalate got their upgraded potential. You still get 10% attack boost even if you are bad and constantly getting hit - it's only like 15 seconds to go from 0 to max boost. The Mop-Up OP: Endless Nightmare on UH should be dropping them directly anyways? Already upgraded.

well you just need to do exactly what your saying

I might try for the units if I run out of stuff to do. I run Divide for fun so I have a lot of mats and no goal right now.

The true wall is Grania, not Module. Grania can not even buy.

@QWERT said in It occurs to me: Steel weapons and Klauz units are not worth the effort in Global:

You can get Grania for 200 frags and 350 Divide Medals, actually. Not a wall at all. Modules are the wall because the only places to get them are Final Lament and Divide, the latter being limited in how much you can actually earn unless you are a top tier solo player or have a good group.

Most important thing is to just have fun!

@BloodyKyona said in It occurs to me: Steel weapons and Klauz units are not worth the effort in Global:

the latter being limited in how much you can actually earn unless you are a top tier solo player or have a good group.

Divide isn't for "Top tier" players only, my dude.

@QWERT said in It occurs to me: Steel weapons and Klauz units are not worth the effort in Global:

You can actually buy 4 a month from the Divide Medal shop, and I've found that the best way to do that is to go into the low Divide quests (I do 6-10 personally), then you make sure to have the exploration mission/infiltration mission as your first mission. Get all 20 devices, and bam - at the end that a free 20 medals. I usually then exit the divide quest and start it over.

The Lightweave weapon should be the only thing you're grinding. It's the most powerful in pso2 with no signs of new weapons coming after it.

The units are a hit and miss. Everyone wants the back with 120 base stats. The other two, arms and legs, hardly give enough to justify a grind for them.

@Zeke said in It occurs to me: Steel weapons and Klauz units are not worth the effort in Global:

The Lightweave weapon should be the only thing you're grinding. It's the most powerful in pso2 with no signs of new weapons coming after it.

The units are a hit and miss. Everyone wants the back with 120 base stats. The other two, arms and legs, hardly give enough to justify a grind for them.

Bruh, all 3 units are good. Cras arms off 220 Hp, the most HP out of any unit besides rappy shiny, which is a meme. Cras legs provide 30 PP, the most PP out of any unit.

@NIC said in It occurs to me: Steel weapons and Klauz units are not worth the effort in Global:

@Zeke said in It occurs to me: Steel weapons and Klauz units are not worth the effort in Global:

Bruh, all 3 units are good. Cras arms off 220 Hp, the most HP out of any unit besides rappy shiny, which is a meme. Cras legs provide 30 PP, the most PP out of any unit.

Sure if that's what you're after. There are players that are focusing pure attack than anything else regardless of the health or PP bonus.

Sure then feel free to ignore the Steel/Klaus Unit Set if you want. I personally agree with you on the steel weapons as will only really benefit ranged classes as they don't have to rush into danger like Melee classes, that's a given.

The units can be mixed and matched so you really don't have to go for the full set unless you want to. If anything, pick the Klaus unit you want the stats for if you already have other 13 star units.

@BloodyKyona said in It occurs to me: Steel weapons and Klauz units are not worth the effort in Global:

Shiva's, it would likely take me another three months just to buy one unit because I don't have time to obsessively grind Divide. Building Klauz units are for people without responsibilities who can play 16 hours a day

I also have responsibilities so I am not sure what you're on about. No need to "obsessively" farm the Materials for Units. You just need to pace yourself and be patient. The only real way this will be difficult is if you're the type of person who can't wait to obtain what they want. Also, we have received Triggers for many different Triggers; I won't be surprise if we get a Trigger for Final Lament (which then you can run on your own time as there will be people who need the units).

People seem to think because NG is around the corner that all this upgrading in base PSO2 is pointless. I can say it'll definitely give you something to do between content release for NG as well as maint (if you don't want to play something else).

If you don't think you'll find yourself coming back to Base PSO2 after NG release then yeah you can ignore the "endgame" stuff (Steel series is not endgame imo). Though I will mention I highly doubt NG is gonna have months of content right away if they continue the slow release of content like they have been doing with base PSO2.