NP0 Bug

Since the update my friend was unable to run the game. He's been having this problem since the update, and he's reinstalled the game multiple times. He told me the error was called NP0, will something like this get fixed or is there a fix for this already?

@lxMattAranxl said in NP0 Bug:

Since the update my friend was unable to run the game. He's been having this problem since the update, and he's reinstalled the game multiple times. He told me the error was called NP0, will something like this get fixed or is there a fix for this already?

NP0 is a general GameGuard Error. The only thing you can try has already been done with the re-install, which is removing the gameguard folder and letting it redownload. Without further info, there isn't much to help with. Your best bet would be to have them go to the en-tech-support channel on the Phantasy Star Fleet Discord and post their gameguad logs for an analysis by their bot.

Okay, I'll tell him this, thank you. 🙂

But will removing that folder let him do the game?

@lxMattAranxl said in NP0 Bug:

Okay, I'll tell him this, thank you. 🙂

But will removing that folder let him do the game?

removing the folder has the game redownload it upon launch to fix any corrupted files for GG. If it still doesn't work, something on their computer or thier ISP is blocking it

I'm having issues using this Windows version:

Edition Windows 10 Pro Version Dev Installed on ‎5/‎21/‎2021 OS build 21382.1000 Experience Windows 10 Feature Experience Pack 321.12100.0.3

Both Global regular client and NGS CBT Client present the pesky np0 error

@LokinModar said in NP0 Bug:

That is an Insider Preview build. No Insider edition of Windows 10 supports PSO2 base or NGS. The latest non-insider build of Windows 10 (the only version that supports PSO2 base and NGS) is Version 21H1 with a build number of 19043.985

@Ragnawind said in NP0 Bug:

That is an Insider Preview build. No Insider edition of Windows 10 supports PSO2 base or NGS. The latest non-insider build of Windows 10 (the only version that supports PSO2 base and NGS) is Version 21H1 with a build number of 19043.985

I have been playing PSO2:NGS since it came to STEAM. I installed Windows 11 through the insider program and began having the NP0 login issue immediately.

Reverted to Windows 10 and the game ran without issue.

@superEGO said in NP0 Bug:

@Ragnawind said in NP0 Bug:

I have been playing PSO2:NGS since it came to STEAM. I installed Windows 11 through the insider program and began having the NP0 login issue immediately.

Reverted to Windows 10 and the game ran without issue.

yes, you had problems when upgrading to Windows 11 because it is an insider version of Windows. Windows 11 is still basically Windows 10, also. Windows 11 will only work after it is officially released and not if you are using a preview build.